Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 76706 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Coburg news and fixture 2010
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
Having Kadhlefelt at Coburg I guess gives a chance to have a season long look at him in a stronger comp. than the QAFL. Given all the older Burgers who have left Coburg they'll need all the experience they can find. Sam Power isn't a bad get for a VFL side. Richmond won't be able to offer much in terms of experience next year although if all goes well with our youth the likes of Jordie and Kingy will be playing mostly VFL next year. Hard to see the Burgers making the finals though.

Down Frankston way there's a rumour 40-year-old Simon Goosey will pull on the boots again so desperate they are for players. Could be the Dolphins last year in the VFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
There's 'talk' of 98.9 North West FM doing Sunday Coburg VFL games.

Only talk though - heard nothing new since November.

http://www.vflfooty.com/?q=node/5798

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »
Nat goes with bro
19 Jan 10 @ 01:13pm by Jai Bednall

FORTUNATO Caruso has been following in his older brother Nat’s footsteps his entire footy career.

Through the junior grades at Fawkner in the Diamond Valley Football League, to the Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup and then to Coburg in the VFL.

But now it’s Fort leading the way.

After moving to West Adelaide last season, Fort, 21, has been joined at the Bloods by his 24-year-old brother for season 2010.

``I hadn’t really thought of it that way,’’ Fort said after Nat signed a two-year deal with West.

``But I’m sure it won’t take him long to adapt to the style of footy.’’

Nat, a hard inside midfielder, had considered moving to Richmond with Fort last year, but decided to stay at Coburg because he was in the running for the club’s captaincy.

``I ended up getting vice, which was still a great honour, but I guess it gave me a bit more freedom to make the move,’’ Nat said.

``If you’re captain of a club you can’t really leave.’’

Having moved in with Fort and newly-named Bloods vice-captain Ben Fisher, Nat said he was looking forward to resuming his partnership with his brother on the field.

``I always enjoy playing with my brother. You just know where each other is on the ground, it makes it a lot easier.

``I’m settling in well. I’ve been doing full training so hopefully I’ll be ready to rock and roll for round one.’’

Nat will also hook up again with Bloods coach Andy Collins, who he played under at Coburg.

``There’s a couple of other former Coburg boys - Jarrod Silvester and Travis Ronaldson - who have come over this year as well, which made my decision to come easier.

``Andy’s a really good coach, he just knows what he wants.’’

http://weekly-times-messenger.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nat-goes-with-bro/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
Practice match ...... (we might see a few newbie RFC Tigers running around)

Williamstown V Coburg

Date: Saturday 3rd April

Game Time:
Reserves 11:10am     
Seniors 2pm

Venue: Whitten Oval

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/battling-bendigo-pinning-faith-in-cloke-skipworth-20100130-n5nm.html

In other player movements in the VFL, former North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs midfielder Sam Power has joined Coburg Tigers as a playing assistant coach.

The Tigers also confirmed that they were set to snare former North Melbourne hard-nut Daniel Harris before he was selected by the Gold Coast as a mature-age rookie with pick one in December's AFL rookie draft.

Power, the brother of Brisbane Lions triple premiership player Luke, takes over the helm of assistant coach from former Hawk Tim Clarke, who has signed as a development coach at Richmond this season.

New Coburg coach David Newitt said the addition of Power would be extremely beneficial to the team after the departures of Nat Caruso, Nick Liddle and Andrew Horne to the SANFL.

Newitt has been aggressive in the recruiting market particularly at his former club Glenorchy, whom he steered to a premiership in the Tassie league.

The Tigers also signed former Glenorchy captain Shane Puiselli.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/battling-bendigo-pinning-faith-in-cloke-skipworth-20100130-n5nm.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Coburg Practice Matches
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »
Coburg Practice Matches

13th March     vs Northern Bullants @ Visy Park          Res 11.00 am, Sen 2.00 pm

19th March     vs Collingwood @ Gosch’s Paddock        Sen 5.00 pm

27th March     vs Frankston @ Frankston Oval             Res 11.00 am, Sen 2.00 pm

3rd April         vs Williamstown @ Whitten Oval          Res 11.00 am, Sen 2.00 pm

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »
From Inside Football ............. courtesy of 'HFF 07' on BF
Wednesday February 16, 2010

New Coburg Tigers coach David Newett admits to conflicting emotions about Sam Power being cut adrift at AFL level. Having got to know and like Power at North Melbourne, he was disapointed there was no third chance for him (despite talk Brisbane would draft him and allow him to play with his brother Luke). But Newett was happy he could bolster his Coburg list with the classy left-footer. Power is a playing assitant coach in charge of the midfield. "He's got great leadership qualities. He'll be a really good player for us - with 123 AFL games, that's pretty obvious - but he's also a good person to have around the club, a role model for our young guys", Newett said. " I thought he would have got another opportunity, to be honest. From Coburgs point of view, we were happy he didn't but on a personal level it would of been great for Sam". Newett tapped his Tasmania roots to sign Shane Piuselli whom he coached at Glenorchy. An "Inside" midifelder; Piuselli, 27, captained Glenorchy last year and also Tasmania in it's state game against Queensland. "He felt he was looking for a new challenge and he's really excited about coming over and trying himself at a higher standard of footy." Newett said, "like Sam Power he's of great character".

Justin Kahfeldt, who played against Piuselli in the state match in 2009, has also hooked up with Coburg. The 21-year old won Southports best and fairest last year and played in it's premiership team the previous season. The Tigers put a focus on recruiting Calder Cannons and brought in Brendon Fewster, Andy Duhau, James Lawton, Sam Ezard, Thomas Lucin, David Hahey, Jess Davies and Danny Bisetto. "We're stoked to be putting 8 of them through the VFL system," Newett said. Matthew Dennis, who played in a premiership under Brodie Holland at Maribynong Park in the Essendon league last year, is another addition to Coburg's squad.

http://bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16888485&postcount=1

Offline COBURG FOOTBALL CLUB

• Tiger Rookie
Coburg news, updates and reports
« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2010, 09:41:56 AM »
For those of you who are interested,players not partaking in the Nab Cup Challenge at Yea will be playing at Craigieburn on Friday afternoon at 2pm.About 8-10 Coburg players will also be playing for RFC against Bendigo Bombers/Essendon.
Coburg will be promoting and keeping you up to date with all out activities through the year and updates/reports on our games.
Our practice match schedule is:
13th March Reserves/Seniors play against Northern Bullants at Visy Oval 11am/2pm
19th March Seniors only against Collingwood at Goschs at 5pm
27th March Reserves/Seniors play against Frankston at Frankston 11am/2pm
3rd April  Reserves/Seniors play against Williamstown/Western Bulldogs at Whiiten Oval 10.30am/1.30pm :gotigers

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2010, 10:17:11 AM »
For those of you who are interested,players not partaking in the Nab Cup Challenge at Yea will be playing at Craigieburn on Friday afternoon at 2pm.About 8-10 Coburg players will also be playing for RFC against Bendigo Bombers/Essendon.
Coburg will be promoting and keeping you up to date with all out activities through the year and updates/reports on our games.
13th March Reserves/Seniors play against Northern Bullants at Visy Oval 11am/2pm
3rd April  Reserves/Seniors play against Williamstown/Western Bulldogs at Whiiten Oval 10.30am/1.30pm :gotigers

Great idea, well done.

Do we have a complete Coburg team list somewhere on the web?

'65

Whoops just found it, I think.

http://coburgtigers.com.au/

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2010, 11:10:17 AM »
List is 99% done.Will advise full list next week.
We have acquired 8 players from the Cannons 09 list of which 7 played in the Grand Final.
Other notable signings are Sam Power,Justin Kahlefeldt from Southport and Shane Piuselli from Glenorchy

richmondrules

« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »
List is 99% done.Will advise full list next week.
We have acquired 8 players from the Cannons 09 list of which 7 played in the Grand Final.
Other notable signings are Sam Power,Justin Kahlefeldt from Southport and Shane Piuselli from Glenorchy

You guys are more on the ball than the RFC. They don't even have the players photos up yet.  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2010, 01:34:31 PM »

Just as aside... where is Coburg playing ANZAC day? In yesterday's HUN the reporter said they were playing at Craigieburn on ANZAC day .... I thought they didn't play at Craigieburn until May?  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »
ANZAC will now be played at Craigieburn on the 24th April starting at 12.30pm.
Game will be televised on ABC,but on a 30 min delay.
Facility should be finished by the end of March.
They plan to have all the importnat people there :-\

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »

Thanks for that  :thumbsup

Not sure who the important people are going to be  ;D Most of Richmond will be winging their way to Perth and govt officialdom will be at the MCG you'd reckon

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tiggytam

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »

That would be me  ;D