Author Topic: Coburg news  (Read 76716 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg news, updates and reports
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
Rough Final Score ....... no scoreboard (or toilets I might add) so watchers had to record score and points differ b/w Y&B and BF.

Coburg    3.2    3.3    5.9      6.9.45
Willy       6.3   11.6   13.9   19.8?-122

Goals: Polak Rance White ? ? ?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
Rough Final Score ....... no scoreboard (or toilets I might add) so watchers had to record score and points differ b/w Y&B and BF.

Coburg    3.2    3.3    5.9      6.9.45
Willy       6.3   11.6   13.9   19.8?-122

Goals: Polak Rance White ? ? ?

Wow, WTF, how did they go that bad?????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar is back again

« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2010, 05:30:07 PM »
Mate,I went home at Half Time.
Cant stand watching rubbish ::)
better off watching suburban footy

Gigantor

« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2010, 05:33:01 PM »
gee its going to be a long,long winter for us tiger faihtfull.......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »

Coaching or players, who was worse??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar is back again

« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2010, 06:06:02 PM »

Players were ordinary

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »

:clapping  Congratulations for taking the feral award of the day.

That's the stuff sport, you didn't even bother having patience to see our young kids, good on ya sport. :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
RT on BF has a totally different final score. Not that makes much difference except an 8 goal loss is better than 13  :-\

Coburg   7.12-54
Willy     15.10-100   

Goals: Polak 2 (+ 5 behinds), Rance, White, Collins ? ?

Best: Polak, White, Webberley (second half)

Polo didn't play so maybe a late change tomorrow.

RT's individual player summary
http://bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17289786&postcount=39

Dea - FB
Tuck - HBF 
???

Astbury went off in the last with a slight ankle.

Tigermonk

« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »
Outstanding as l said most of our Richmond players are not up to AFL standard
They cant even play VFL lol
Did McMahon play for Coburg

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2010, 07:50:35 PM »

Players were ordinary

Can't do much when it was Coburg midfield vs Bulldogs midfield.  Players like Eagleton will always smash Coburg mids.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »
Good to hear about Polak playing well
7 Scoring shots even though it was 2.5
good luck to him

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
I got to the gameabout 1/2 way through the 2nd term of the ressies, and stayed until the bitter end.
As has been noted, there was no scoreboard so it's impossible to report actual scores. But the reserves, which included Richmond-listed players: O'Reilly, Hicks, Grimes, Contin and Westhoff, lost a pretty even game by a margin of about 3-4 goals. Grimes in particular really caught my eye. He was in everything across the half back line.Once he fills out a bit he looks like he'll be a big key defender for us. Hicks is a smart little crummer too, who featured in several goals either directly or indirectly.
I wish I could be as encouraged by what I saw in the seniors. But the truth is, after quarter time, when we were about 5 goals to 3 down, we were absolutely smashed. The golkickers to that stage were Polak, Rance and White.
I think the final blowout must have been by at least 10 goals, and more likely 12 or more. It certainly felt that lopsided. To be honest, I was so fed up by that stage that my attention was wandering, and my mate and I were getting side-tracked with conversation.
Polak did more than he seemed to by last week's reports. He took a few marks, kicked a couple of goals, and missed a few shots too, but overall seemed more involved.
 Rance looked good at times. His attack on the ball in the air, and at  ground level was good, and he covered a lot of territory across the forward line. He still has the odd brain fade though. Like playing on one time after a mark and getting collared, when he should have gone back and had a kick. I think he lacks awareness at times.
White got a lot of the ball,but typically butchered it on many occasions. These included a missed  running shot on goal from close range that he should have nailed, to subjecting a teammate to the old hospital pass.
I hardly sighted Tuck.
McMahon was quiet, and on one occasion got into a bit of biffo with probably one of his old teammates, which raised the ire of the crowd.
Astbury didn't stand out, but like a lot of our forwards was starved of opportunity.
He finished the day with his injured heel in a bucket of ice water. I hope it was just precautionary.
In the last term Collins had a set shot on goal,kicked off the side of his boot into the man on the mark and was dragged. He came back on soon after and had the chance to redeem himself, but fluffed that kick too. I don't know what's happened to him lately. His kicking used to be a feature of his game.
Webberley's game was one of the few highlights for me. He looks to be a pretty hard worker out there who keeps battling away when the odds are against us.
Finally, for future reference there is a toilet out there. It's at the end of a long corridor in the new administration building. So you wont have to spend the next day out there crossing your legs.  ;D            

jackstar is back again

« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
Outstanding as l said most of our Richmond players are not up to AFL standard
They cant even play VFL lol
Did McMahon play for Coburg

McMahon did play, was hopeless

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »
Great report RR   :clapping just one thing mate I totally disagree on your observation on young Astbury.  You would be well aware that Astbury was coming back from injury and yeah he did play in the seconds last week but you need to consider his game time versus his output.  His attack & speed on the ball was very classy, at one stage in the third came all the way down to HB to contest and perservered with a second & third effort to win the free.  He just knows where to get into position.  Just imagine what he would have done if the lacklustre Coburg midfield could of delivered more ball to his chest.  I have no hesitation as naming him as one of our better listed players amongst, Webberly, Rance & Dea.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »

:clapping  Congratulations for taking the feral award of the day.

That's the stuff sport, you didn't even bother having patience to see our young kids, good on ya sport. :clapping

Seen the young kids,
Also seen McMahon Graham , White ::)
Dont know whats happened to Collins but very ordinary
And got better things to do on Easter Saturday than watch rubbish