Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 460856 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3120 on: March 24, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »

This has gotta stop, he misses more this way of rubbish kicking than a regulation drop

No he doesn’t
3rd qrt Jack was about 25 metres out on a slight angle and goes around the corner and misses and your ok with this?

So what, I could pull out many examples of where he has a set shot and misses.

How do you know with your example whether he would have kicked that from a set shot, I will tell you, you don’t.

He has done this from a similar angle 41 times throughout his AFL career. His success rate with the drop punt is 77%, the snap %78.  :shh

...and that's another snap right there.... :clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3121 on: March 24, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »

This has gotta stop, he misses more this way of rubbish kicking than a regulation drop

No he doesn’t
3rd qrt Jack was about 25 metres out on a slight angle and goes around the corner and misses and your ok with this?

So what, I could pull out many examples of where he has a set shot and misses.

How do you know with your example whether he would have kicked that from a set shot, I will tell you, you don’t.

He has done this from a similar angle 41 times throughout his AFL career. His success rate with the drop punt is 77%, the snap %78.  :shh

...and that's another snap right there.... :clapping

You seem to miss understand, I'm not putting him down, he's in my top 10 of all time fav Tiger players,
From a given position on the ground he'll try a set shot and miss, try it from the same position around the body and get a goal.
The next time from a different position on the ground he'll come around the body miss, then from that same position grab a set shot goal.
My point, he seems to be unsure of what his best is. If he could find one way and I don't give a stuff which way he does it, he could kick another 200 goals over the next three years (if he can play that long).
I reckon he could be better, a lot better kick at goal than what he is right now.

77 and 78 % from 25 metres out is nothing to brag about, and hmmmm you didn't seem to show how many behinds, snap  :snidegrin :) ( kidding lol)
From that far out on such a small angle that percentage should be a poo load higher. Wonder what the percentage would be if only one style of kicking was used, I imagine it would certainly be higher.

The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3122 on: March 24, 2018, 05:35:28 PM »
I'd like to think he will be around for a few more years, but regardless of who we develop or get to replace him, we are sure going to miss him.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3123 on: March 24, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
I'd like to think he will be around for a few more years, but regardless of who we develop or get to replace him, we are sure going to miss him.
I'm hoping for at least another 4 years but if he keeps flying high, something may break sooner rather than later.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3124 on: March 30, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
25 metres out, 45 degree angle and tries a banana. stuff me Jack just learn to kick the ball properly, DROP PUNT  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3125 on: April 09, 2018, 03:14:49 PM »
Co-vice-captain Riewoldt had 13 disposals, including seven score involvements, took five marks and kicked four goals, including one late in the game from a well-judged grab that effectively sealed Richmond’s win.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-04-09/top-tiger-trio-pave-victory-path

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3126 on: May 20, 2018, 08:04:05 PM »
Jack Riewoldt

His efforts inside 50 for Richmond were outstanding. He fought and scrapped to win as many contests as possible. The Coleman medallist was rewarded with two goals during the second quarter and he also played a key part in another for Jason Castagna. Riewoldt also kicked one goal during the third term and two during the final quarter. His ability to compete set him apart for the Tigers.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/who-impressed-and-who-didnt-in-west-coasts-statement-win-over-richmond-ng-b88841570z

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3127 on: May 21, 2018, 02:10:57 PM »
Had a great game. Was excellent with his pressure and tackling.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3128 on: May 21, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »
Injured?

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3129 on: May 21, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »
Saying on BF that he was coughing up blood, seems to relate to a bump he laid on Duggan, doesn't sound too good and you would think at least one week's rest is on the cards.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3130 on: May 21, 2018, 04:27:11 PM »
Riewoldt took a team-high seven marks (five of them inside-50), had a team-high nine score involvements, and kicked a team-high five goals.

It was the 24th time in Riewoldt’s 234-game senior league career with Richmond that he’s scored five goals or more in a match. And it also was his best goal return since scoring six against Melbourne on Anzac Day Eve last year.

After nine rounds of the 2018 season, Riewoldt is in third place on the competition’s goalkicking table with 24 goals.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-05-21/jacks-a-ripper

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3131 on: May 21, 2018, 05:08:07 PM »
Really good game. Deserves a lot of credit.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3132 on: May 21, 2018, 08:17:19 PM »
Injured?
Saying on BF that he was coughing up blood, seems to relate to a bump he laid on Duggan, doesn't sound too good and you would think at least one week's rest is on the cards.

Jack Riewoldt given medical clearance to fly home after health scare

By Sam McClure
The Age
21 May 2018

Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt had to be given medical clearance to fly home from Perth on Sunday night after coming off second best in a bump that resulted in him coughing up blood.

The Age understands that the captain of the Virgin flight from Perth to Melbourne was having detailed conversations with Richmond club doctor Greg Hickey before allowing Riewoldt to fly.

Riewoldt came off second best after a late bump on Eagles defender Liam Duggan in the final minute of the third quarter.

Riewoldt had a down-the-ground free kick paid against him for the bump.

It's understood the Tigers star was coughing up blood when the two teams came in for their three-quarter-time huddles.

Richmond made Riewoldt's injury clear to Virgin staff before boarding the flight and further conversations were had once the players had actually boarded, with the plane's captain and  Hickey discussing Riewoldt's condition in the aisle.

Riewoldt, who sat in business class, was eventually cleared to fly home with the rest of the team.

The injury puts Riewoldt in some doubt to play in Saturday's game against St Kilda at the MCG.

Richmond have been contacted for comment.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/riewoldt-had-to-be-medically-cleared-to-fly-home-after-coughing-blood-20180521-p4zgjh.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3133 on: May 21, 2018, 08:18:53 PM »
Jack expected to face Saints despite bump worry

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
May 21, 2018 4:30PM

RICHMOND expects Jack Riewoldt to face St Kilda on Saturday despite reports he was coughing up blood during the Tigers' 47-point loss to West Coast.

Riewoldt was reportedly left battered by a heavy bump by Liam Duggan in the dying stages of the third quarter of Sunday's loss, and coughed up blood as a result during the three-quarter time break.

Riewoldt played out the game and kicked two of his five goals in the fourth term.

Fairfax Media reported on Monday the forward needed medical clearance to fly home after the incident, which included the club's doctor speaking to the Virgin captain responsible for transporting the team back to Melbourne. 

The Tigers confirmed to AFL.com.au later on Monday that Riewoldt "got home perfectly well" and wasn't in any doubt to face the Saints on Saturday at the MCG.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-21/jack-expected-to-face-saints-despite-bump-worry

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3134 on: May 21, 2018, 11:26:54 PM »
Why did the doc have to speak to the Virgin captain? What was he going to do? Take it slowly over the bumps?