Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 459653 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3135 on: May 22, 2018, 12:52:02 AM »
Why did the doc have to speak to the Virgin captain? What was he going to do? Take it slowly over the bumps?
Will try to find out what that was about but most probably inaccurate reporting.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3136 on: May 22, 2018, 03:30:05 AM »
Why did the doc have to speak to the Virgin captain?

Why was Nathan Fyfe involved at all?

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3137 on: May 22, 2018, 09:13:38 AM »
Was also going to ask how the reporter knew the captain was a Virgin?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3138 on: May 22, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
Why did the doc have to speak to the Virgin captain?

Why was Nathan Fyfe involved at all?
:lol

:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3139 on: May 23, 2018, 03:10:54 AM »
‘I was sinking in my seat thinking, oh, please don’t’: Why Jack Riewoldt nearly stayed in Perth

May 23, 2018
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

Jack Riewoldt just wanted to get out of Perth on Sunday. Richmond had been pumped at Optus Stadium and to make matters worse, the dual Coleman medallist copped a big bump from West Coast young gun Liam Duggan just before three-quarter time.

As the Eagles coasted away to a 47-point victory, establishing themselves as the real deal in the process, Riewoldt was left spitting out blood for the last quarter.

So when Richmond doctor Greg Hickey and Virgin flight staff held up the Tigers’ flight home by discussing whether or not Riewoldt could fly home, the premiership hero sunk lower and lower into his seat, which was, naturally, right at the front of the plane.

“I was sitting on the plane and I could hear the conversation happening behind me between the Virgin staff and our doctor,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360 on Tuesday night.

“I was sinking in my seat and just thinking, ‘oh, please don’t (prevent me from flying), all I want to do is get home — we lost this game of footy and all I want to do is go home to my own bed’.

“It all got cleared. People get iffy about the lungs and getting on planes. They were just doing their due diligence which is obviously their job. They backed our medical advice in and here I am today.

“I was already upgraded, I couldn’t have gone any further otherwise I would have been driving the thing. I paid for it too out of me own pocket.”

After overcoming the flight scare, Riewoldt is fine to play golf on Wednesday and fine to face St Kilda at the MCG on Saturday.

“I’m good as gold. I’ll play golf tomorrow, train on Thursday and play Saturday,” Riewoldt said

“I think what’s happened is with the compression of the hip, I’ve split one of the blood vessels either in my throat or in my lung and it is just a case of that.”

LIVE Stream every match of every round of the 2018 Toyota AFL Premiership Season. SIGN UP NOW >. If you’re overseas, you can still stream it LIVE on Watch AFL >

It all happened when young West Coast midfielder Liam Duggan collected Riewoldt with an old fashioned shirt front, before the 29-year-old slotted two last term goals to finish with five for the day.

“I tried to put a bit of physical pressure on Liam Duggan and he got me straight down the middle of the chest,” he said.

“I think it might have been his shoulder; he just sort of flushed me in a bad spot and copped one. I had a mouthful of blood and spat it out.

“I was never in pain it was for anyone who has had a chiropractic adjustment it was like that. For the next half an hour I was spitting up a bit of blood.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/i-was-sinking-in-my-seat-thinking-oh-please-dont-how-jack-riewoldt-nearly-stayed-in-perth/news-story/ba778e9ac78a9683f24a7d2783b40393

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3140 on: June 01, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »
Secret behind Jack Riewoldt’s concussion revealed

By SEN
1 June 2018

Richmond assistant coach Justin Leppitsch has revealed forward Jack Riewoldt failed his first concussion test earlier this week because he didn’t read the instructions correctly.

Riewoldt has since been declared fit for Saturday’s Dreamtime clash with Essendon, but Leppitsch has explained the story behind the 29-year-old passing the concussion protocols.

“He (Riewoldt) is fine,” he told SEN Mornings.

“There is a little secret with that because Jack actually failed his first concussion test, but that’s because he didn’t read the instructions properly.

“In classic Jack fashion, trying to race through it, he failed the first one.

“He didn’t want anyone to know, so I’m lifting the lid on that one.”

Leppitsch also said defender Bachar Houli is expected to return from his groin injury after the bye.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/01/secret-behind-riewoldt's-concussion-revealed/

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3141 on: June 02, 2018, 12:49:06 AM »
Was the concussion test how to top up a Myki?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3142 on: June 06, 2018, 06:51:12 PM »
To further underline Riewoldt’s value to the Tigers, even when he doesn’t have the ball in his possession, he is currently ranked No. 1 among Richmond players, and No. 4 competition-wide, for the most tackles inside 50.

“Goals are one thing you can measure – they’re an outcome of how we play. A lot of our goals are created through Jack, through his contest work,” Hardwick said.

“His ability to create contest against one and two opponents, get the ball to ground, that brings the little guys into play, you know, it doesn’t get any plaudits from the media or the crowd, really, but within our four walls he’s a marvellous player.

“He’s been a marvellous player for a long time . . .

“I look at what he achieved last year, both on and off the field – his leadership and his ability to play the game.

“This year, he’s had an even better year, from my point of view . . .

“He’s certainly a big part of the reason why we’re turning nine (wins) and two (losses) at the halfway mark.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-06/in-praise-of-jack

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3143 on: June 21, 2018, 01:55:58 AM »
From selfish to the ‘most selfless player in the competition’: Stars extraordinary transformation

June 19, 2018
Josh Gabelich
FOX SPORTS

NOT many players have had their body language forensically examined like Richmond premiership hero Jack Riewoldt.

The once petulant forward has his attitude scrutinised for a long time, but not anymore.

Sydney premiership coach Paul Roos believes the dual Coleman medallist’s evolution from selfish to the most selfless player in the game is a key reason behind Richmond’s rise in the past 12 months.

“His transformation has been extraordinary,” Roos said on Fox Footy’s On the Coach on Monday night.

“He’s gone from being a guy that we didn’t question his ability but the body language, to the most selfless player in the competition.

“There is no question; he is the most selfless player in the competition.”

While he might not kick as many goals as he once did, he doesn’t have to.

By sacrificing his own game for the mosquito fleet — Dan Butler, Jason Castagna and Daniel Rioli — Riewoldt has helped mould the Tigers into a far more damaging and less predictable attack.

“I love that, because he would have been accused from some people as being selfish — to the most selfless. That is unbelievable,” Brisbane triple premiership great Jonathan Brown added.

Brown said Riewoldt’s selflessness is infectious, spreading from one teammate to another to make Richmond a better team.

“When one of your stars, and a genuine star in the game who is known for kicking big goals, sacrifices part of his game to do these little things, you get the lesser lights all jumping on board and it just spreads throughout the team,” Brown said.

Riewoldt did the little things — he blocked, he created space, he crashed packs and brought the ball to ground — time and time again on Sunday, as well as chipping in with two goals.

The Tasmanian has now kicked 30.14 for the year, just five goals less than North Melbourne’s Coleman Medal leader Ben Brown.

And with Richmond looking almost unbeatable at the MCG, Riewoldt could add a second premiership medallion to his two Coleman’s by the end of September.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/from-selfish-to-the-most-selfless-player-in-the-competition-stars-extraordinary-transformation/news-story/594cff14330fe8bf0324ca31c183d68b

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3144 on: June 23, 2018, 10:30:02 PM »
Star Richmond key forward Jack Riewoldt will tonight be inducted into the Tasmanian Football Hall of Fame at a gala function at Hobart’s Wrest Point Ca-sino.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-23/riewoldts-top-tassie-honour

:clapping

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3145 on: June 24, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »
Star Richmond key forward Jack Riewoldt will tonight be inducted into the Tasmanian Football Hall of Fame at a gala function at Hobart’s Wrest Point Ca-sino.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-23/riewoldts-top-tassie-honour

:clapping

He should also be made captain of the redhead team of the century and hall of fame.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:21:36 PM by Tigeritis™©® »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3146 on: June 24, 2018, 06:28:50 PM »
Congratulations to @JackRiewoldt08 on being inducted into the Tasmanian Football Hall of Fame last night 🌟 📸 @solsticedigital

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1010690060297986048

🎥 Watch @JackRiewoldt08's speech upon being inducted into the Tasmanian Football Hall of Fame last night -
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-06-24/tasmanian-football-hall-of-fame-riewoldts-speech

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3147 on: June 28, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
23 disposals.
13 contested possessions.
16 marks.
7 contested marks.
3 goals.

B.O.G. :bow
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3148 on: June 28, 2018, 10:20:01 PM »
Not far off the best game I have ever seen from him. Amazing
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3149 on: June 28, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
Marking everything. Clear BOG for me