Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 470038 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #795 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
Damien Hardwick vows to jump on Jack Riewoldt
Rod Nicholson
 Sunday Herald Sun
April 10, 2011

RICHMOND spearhead Jack Riewoldt needs to change his on-field demeanour and attitude - and coach Damien Hardwick will be telling him so this week.

Hardwick was less than impressed with Riewoldt's performance against Hawthorn at the MCG last night, in which he was seen yelling at a teammate and giving "the bird" to the Hawk bench when he left the field before halftime.

"(Attitude) is one aspect that Jack must work on," the coach said of the Coleman medallist.

"He has known that for two years now."

Hardwick said "full-forwards come under scrutiny and they are a bit of an easy target" but he seemed determined to draw a line with the dynamic goal-kicker.

"He was yelling at Dustin Martin at one stage and that (yelling at a teammate) is unacceptable. We will address that during the week," he said.

It has been a frustrating fortnight for Riewoldt, who last week was substituted after being concussed in the drawn match against St Kilda.

He protested demonstratively but later accepted he was in no condition to have played on.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/damien-hardwick-vows-to-jump-on-jack-riewoldt/story-e6frf9jf-1226036653356

Tigermonk

« Reply #796 on: April 10, 2011, 11:57:16 AM »

this is what happens when you hang around with bad company

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2011, 01:39:17 AM »
Dunstall urges Jack Riewoldt to rethink attitude
Mark Stevens
Herald Sun
April 10, 2011 11:11PM

AFL goalkicking great Jason Dunstall has warned Richmond full-forward Jack Riewoldt is in danger of being remembered for the wrong reasons.

After Riewoldt, 22, again allowed his emotions to spill over on Saturday night, Dunstall yesterday advised him to have a lengthy chat to former teammate Matthew Richardson.

Richardson, for all his heroics, is still remembered for breakouts of poor body language, and Dunstall said Riewoldt must act now to kick the bad habit.

"It is decision time now for the Richmond footy club and decision time for Jack Riewoldt," Dunstall said.

"The decision he has to make is, 'How I want to be remembered'. He could do a lot worse than have a good chat to Matty Richardson.

"I love the bloke (Richardson), but he was dogged by, particularly in his latter years, his body language on field ... how petulant it can look and the impact it has on your teammates.

"We saw some shocking cases from Richo and he'd be the first to admit it.

"Jack Riewoldt needs to make a decision very early on whether he needs to go down that path because you will become a maligned player."

Dunstall cut Riewoldt some slack for his actions on the bench in Round 2, when he argued with officials, because he was concussed.

But Dunstall made it clear on Triple M yesterday that there were no excuses for Riewoldt's actions on Saturday night, which included giving the "bird" to the Hawthorn bench.

"He's got to be better than that because he is a guy they are building their future on," Dunstall said.

"He could be a star in the game. You just don't need to do this rubbish."

Dunstall, who as Hawthorn football director worked closely with Richmond coach Damien Hardwick when he was an assistant at the Hawks, said he was sure Hardwick would now come down hard on last year's Coleman Medal winner.

"He'll hit Jack right between the eyes," Dunstall said.

He said he was confident Riewoldt would never repeat the performance after the hard-nosed Hardwick had finished with him.

Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse, who coached Riewoldt in the International Rules series in Ireland last year, yesterday described the Tiger spearhead as a "delightful kid".

However, speaking on SEN, Malthouse said poor body language could have a "profound effect" on other players.

Hardwick made it clear after the game on Saturday night that Riewoldt was out of line.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dunstall-urges-jack-riewoldt-to-rethink-attitude/story-e6frf9mx-1226036903956

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #798 on: April 11, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Jack Riewoldt is going to front the media at around 4:30pm today.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #799 on: April 11, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »

this is what happens when you hang around with bad company

Please explain Tigermonk?

Jack thinks he is a "Superstar" now! Talking to goal umpires, opposition players ... having a go at his own team mates ...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #800 on: April 11, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »
I would probably give my team mates a serve too after the crap they dished up against the Hawks. Storm in a tea cup for mine. Sure he shouldn't have done it but he did, lets move on, give hime the naughty boy speach and get on with it.

We don't need to be dragging this rubbish into the Collinwood game.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #801 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:04 PM »
Richmond full forward Jack Riewoldt has been fined $1200 for his lewd gesture when coming off the field during the second quarter of the Tigers' loss to Hawthorn on Saturday night.

An early guilty plea would reduce the fine to $900.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/111364/default.aspx
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:44:38 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #802 on: April 11, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »
Jack Riewoldt says sorry over 'bird'
Guy Hand
17:22 AEST Mon Apr 11 2011

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt has apologised publicly for his on-field dummy spits during his side's big AFL loss to Hawthorn at the weekend.

Riewoldt has been fined by the match review panel for an obscene hand gesture he made as he came to the bench during the game at the MCG.

He was carpeted by Richmond coach Damien Hardwick and the club's leadership group - of which Riewoldt is a part - on Monday over that incident and a rant at teammate Dustin Martin as the Tigers slumped to a 63-point defeat.

The 22-year-old forward fronted a media conference on Monday to apologise, saying his passion and will to win had spilled over into unacceptable behaviour.

"I'm really disappointed personally in what's happened. I've let the club down, I've let my teammates down, and most importantly, I feel like I've let my family down and my close friends," Riewoldt said.

"I have great passion for this football club and this jumper and I have to be careful how I portray it. The hand gesture's probably the dumbest thing I've ever done.

"It's something I've got to work on."

Riewoldt has not been penalised by the club for his actions.

He suggested he would make an early guilty plea to the AFL on their charge over his hand gesture - in which he raised his middle finger towards the Hawthorn bench.

If he pleads guilty, that would mean an initial $1200 fine is reduced to $900.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8235653

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #803 on: April 11, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
 I can safely say his dummy spits during the game had nothing on those that occurred in my lounge room.
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #804 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »
A bit more from Jack.....

Riewoldt regrets 'dumbest thing'
By Luke Holmesby
5:24 PM Mon 11 Apr, 2011

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt has publically apologised for making an obscene gesture to the Hawthorn bench in last Saturday night's encounter between the two teams.

Riewoldt was fined $1200 for the gesture and was publicly criticised for it and for showing poor body language in the Tigers' loss.

He says it is among the "dumbest things" he has ever done.

"I would like to apologise to the public for my obscene hand gesture on Saturday night. I am really disappointed personally with what has happened. I know I have let the club down. I've let myself down, I've left my teammates down and most importantly I've let my family down and my close friends," Riewoldt said, reading from a prepared statement.

"I'm pretty shattered about what's happened and feel that it is totally out of my character."

Riewoldt said he would continue to wear his heart on his sleeve but admitted that he had to control his emotions with scrutiny on his every move.

"I have a great passion for this football club and a great love for this jumper. I have to be very careful about the way I portray it," he said.

"The hand gesture is probably the dumbest thing I've ever done, if not the dumbest thing I've ever done on national TV and I've got to be really careful about what I do and how I'm portrayed to the public and the media."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/111383/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: April 11, 2011, 06:12:13 PM »
I would probably give my team mates a serve too after the crap they dished up against the Hawks. Storm in a tea cup for mine. Sure he shouldn't have done it but he did, lets move on, give hime the naughty boy speach and get on with it.

We don't need to be dragging this rubbish into the Collinwood game.

You are correct in some respects WAT but the very real risk in the club's reaction here is to allow a Richo MKII scenario.  We all acknowledge that the great man was not as productive as he could have been over his career and is certainly not remembered for all the things a player of his calibre should have been because of sub-standard development and management in his younger days.  Absolutely vital that the club gets it right this time.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: April 11, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
I can safely say his dummy spits during the game had nothing on those that occurred in my lounge room.
 :police: :police: :police: :police: :police: :police:

And now it is up to the leadership group of OER to decide how much you should be fined.  If I can have some input.........a carton of VB payable at a Darwin location of my choosing on or around the 27th May should be ok.   ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: April 11, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
make it coopers pale and I'll even help you empty the stubbies  :cheers
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #808 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:23 PM »
Bloody hell, $1200 and it wasn't even a full on bird. Who's on the MRP, Fred Nile and Bronwyn Bishop?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: April 11, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
make it coopers pale and I'll even help you empty the stubbies  :cheers

Done.

Not my fave but free beer is free beer.  My old man has a saying for it - all beer's good, just some's better than others.  And free beer wins hands down every time!   :cheers