Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 468940 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #2700 on: September 07, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »
Can not play in big games after big build-ups.

Spends all his energy being a flog, putting stupid faces on for the cameras before the game to show how focussed he is etc etc
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2701 on: September 07, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
Coughed beer @

Literally speeds all energy being flog

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2702 on: November 17, 2014, 01:35:25 PM »
FJ recalling the drafting of Jack and us dropping from pick 8 to 13 ...

“The actual final decision (to pick Riewoldt) we made after the grand final that Jack played for Clarence against Glenorchy.  I went to that grand final not really to watch Jack, but to watch who else was there, because I felt any (AFL) club that was seriously considering taking Jack with their first pick, would have been at that grand final.  So, my sole task for the day, was to identify as many people from other clubs as possible, to actually eliminate those people in that range.  At the end of the day, we felt it was a no-brainer (to drop five places in the National Draft) because Jack would still be available at pick 13.  A lot of what-ifs went into that actual decision to swap those picks with Fremantle.”

“The picks in-between seem to take forever, when you have your heart set on a particular player.  At the end of the day, you just work through your list, and if one player’s gone, you just move on.  But it worked out well.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-11-17/tiger-draft-recall-jack-riewoldt

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2703 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
Surely his time can be better used on scouting out kids or actually watching Jack  ::). Send some low paid muppet to go see who's there, good use of our money

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2704 on: November 17, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
Surely his time can be better used on scouting out kids or actually watching Jack  ::). Send some low paid muppet to go see who's there, good use of our money

All TAC games would have been finished, so no TAC kids to scout. 

Also got to remember back then he was basically it recruiting wise. So there was no point in sending a low paid "muppet" because we wouldn't have had one. And if we did because they were in those days just state based scouts they wouldn't  have had a clue who the other clubs "muppets" were.  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2705 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:48 PM »
Jack Riewoldt raising the bar after avoiding post-season surgery
Alex Malcolm 
afl.com.au
December 22, 2014 5:08 PM

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt says he is enjoying one of his best pre-seasons after not requiring post-season surgery for the first time in five years.

The two-time Coleman medallist told SEN he has been able to handle an increased running load this pre-season courtesy of being surgery-free.

Riewoldt, who has kicked 58 goals or more in each of the past five seasons, said he has had to develop his running capacity due to the demands of the modern game.

"This is the first time in five years that I've actually started pre-season with the main group on day one and I haven't missed a beat since then," Riewoldt said.

"It's not about me playing further up the group or me playing in a different position or stuff like that.

"It's the fact that if I want to continue to be a valued member of the football club, then I've got to push up the ground, I've got to defend and that's the same with all of our forwards and our backs and our mids.

"You can't be the guy that's just resting in the goalsquare anymore.

"If you want to play your part for the side you've got to work your butt off and it starts from day one in pre-season and hopefully it takes you through to that last Saturday in September."

The Tigers enjoyed a barnstorming finish to 2014, winning their last nine home and away games before being beaten by Port Adelaide in an elimination final.

Riewoldt admitted Port had shown Richmond just how hard players needed to train during the pre-season.

"The running loads and just general training loads for us have had to go up," Riewoldt said.

"That's just the modern game. We've followed on with a lot of clubs from that Port Adelaide philosophy of training hard and improving our running."

The Tigers took part in a seven-day training camp in Townsville before the Christmas break.

The players trained for three days before participating in a three-day 'Amazing Race' challenge organised by Richmond's elite performance manager Peter Burge.

Riewoldt said this year's challenge was not as fun as previous camps.

"It's more about pushing the boundaries and challenging our group in different ways," Riewoldt said.

"We've matured now as a group under the five years of Damien Hardwick and … we're starting to get to the stage where we expect more of each other and we know each man is capable of more, and I think the fitness staff and coaching staff have seen that. And that's why we've had the increased load and that's why we've been able to train ourselves to another standard."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-22/riewoldt-raising-the-bar

dwaino

« Reply #2706 on: December 22, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt says he is enjoying one of his best pre-seasons after not requiring post-season surgery for the first time in five years.

:clapping I'm raising the bar too.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2707 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
^^^^
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2708 on: December 22, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »

:clapping I'm raising the bar too.
:thumbsup
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2709 on: December 22, 2014, 11:38:14 PM »
He'll be like a new recruit!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2710 on: December 23, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
He'll be like a new recruit!
Just like Foley! ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2711 on: December 23, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
Should bag 100+ and win a real Coleman with a full preseason

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2712 on: January 15, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
More from Jack's interview today ...

* Pre-season at the moment is tough, as every club is going through at the moment. We’re just trying to tick off the sessions, and trying to improve in every session.

* It’s exciting at the moment.  That group’s in a good spot.  We’re looking forward to finishing some solid training over the next few months and getting into season 2015.

* Pre-season training has changed a lot since I started about eight years ago. You see a lot of clubs getting into pre-season mode with the balls, even in November.

* For us, it’s just continuing to work on the way we want to play, and doing drills based around that. We’ve got some guys that are training really well at the moment, and we’ll continue to work hard.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-01-15/hard-work-continues-for-tigers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2713 on: January 27, 2015, 10:03:06 AM »
Should bag 100+ and win a real Coleman with a full preseason

He is moving magnificently atm. A fully fit Jack Riewoldt can be nothing but good for Richmond.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2714 on: January 27, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »
I hope they don't play him up the ground again
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH