Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 454317 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
Exactly Peggles play all 3. Schulz Cleve and Jack are the present fwd line and will be  the future fwd line. Play all 3 of them let them get a feel and an understanding of playing together. Sure they may not get much opportunity this week when comparing to the opposition but they need to play together. I am just preying that if the 3 all play and we get flogged one way or another Terry does not drop one back to Coburg the following week. Remember next week is an MCG game most of these boys future games together will be at the G. Let the boys strut their stuff Terry.   :pray

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »
either move schulz to defence or start 1 of the bench and rotate the 3 young forwards throughout the match. theres absolutely no need to drop any of them.
Sarge is a forward so I agree with starting one on the bench and rotating them. We might create a mismatch in the process too. Jack is handy with is footy smarts when the ball hits the ground too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2007, 04:29:42 AM »

Jack Riewoldt training at Punt Road.
Photo: Michael Clayton-Jones

Riewoldt knocking on Terry's door
Lyall Johnson | May 16, 2007
The Age

RICHMOND'S first-round draft pick Jack Riewoldt looks likely to make his debut this week, after a number of Tigers failed to make an impact in the 40-point loss to Port Adelaide, not to mention the 157-point loss to Geelong in round six.

Richmond coach Terry Wallace yesterday described Riewoldt as "ready" to play, saying the 18-year-old, 192-centimetre forward was an emergency last week and made the trip to Adelaide to give him a taste of going away with the team.

"Very, very close," Wallace said. "It will obviously just be how we want to balance out our side, what the weather looks like doing and working out that sort of thing. He gets to win both ways this weekend, he either plays his first senior game or he goes back to Tassie to play back at home."

If keenness alone were the criterion for selection, Riewoldt would be among the first selected. "He's ready, it just when we're ready to have him in now. He knocks on the door four times a day and asks whether it is this week. He's even offered himself as a ruckman to help us out there.

"I wouldn't say that he resembles his cousin (St Kilda's Nick Riewoldt), really, he's a first-round draft selection and I think most people get excited about their young top-level draft picks put on display, and we're no different … He's a good package. He's a competitor, he likes to get out there and play, he's a natural footballer in the essence of it."

Riewoldt has been performing well in the VFL, punctuating his performances with some spectacular grabs and two five-goal hauls.

With Matthew Richardson likely to have ruck duties in the absence of Troy Simmonds, it could be the ideal time to give him his shot.

Teammate Cam Howat painted Riewoldt as a bit of a lad who was developing well as a footballer, talked "too much" and was well liked. "Jack's his own sort of man, he doesn't really need too much advice, he's just (a) go out and get the footy (type)," Howat said.

"He's a pretty enthusiastic young kid, goes for his marks, he's taken some beauties down in the VFL that I've seen. I reckon he'll really add something to our forward line. He's pretty noisy and bubbly around the place, he's always up and about and he probably talks too much sometimes. But he's a really nice guy and all the boys get along with him."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/give-me-a-game-terry/2007/05/15/1178995158384.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
Congrats to Jack if he gets the call up this week  :clapping

Also with the forward line I hope that Lids is kept up there in a floating role.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »
get him in ...

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »
Go Jack  :cheers, I'm rapt, for along with Cleve, we are going to have another 'winner' on our forward line.
These kids just wanna take big pack marks, kick lots of goals, and they apply defensive pressure unlike our current forwards.They can help make Richmond a winning side again, I've got great faith in them.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
Go Jack  :cheers, I'm rapt, for along with Cleve, we are going to have another 'winner' on our forward line.
These kids just wanna take big pack marks, kick lots of goals, and they apply defensive pressure unlike our current forwards.They can help make Richmond a winning side again, I've got great faith in them.
Spot on DC and they are reliable kicks :thumbsup. Funny how we now have more confidence in our young talls than our smalls. We still need more KPPs but ruckmen and ballwinning midfielders are more now at the top of our shopping list.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 05:48:29 PM »
Looks like Riewoldt has to wait at least another round before his debut  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 05:48:46 PM »
They must be keeping Jack for next week. Debut him in front of Tiger supporters and the publicity that comes with it than interstate.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2007, 07:58:56 PM »
They must be keeping Jack for next week. Debut him in front of Tiger supporters and the publicity that comes with it than interstate.

SOunds like it...

At least he gets to play at home this weekend in front of family before they trek over to Melbourne next week to watch his debut :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 04:01:56 AM »
Richo injury opens door for Riewoldt
22 May 2007   Herald-Sun
Daryl Timms

RICHMOND forward Matthew Richardson's facial injuries have given young Tiger Jack Riewoldt a better chance of making his debut against Essendon at the MCG on Saturday night.

Riewoldt, a younger cousin of St Kilda co-captain Nick Riewoldt, was tipped to play against Adelaide on Friday, but was named as an emergency. He played for Coburg in its away clash against Tasmania.

Richardson will be sidelined for two to three weeks after suffering a broken nose, a fractured eye socket and a gash above his eye that required 13 stitches after he was accidentally kicked by teammate Andrew Krakouer on Friday night.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21772314%255E19742,00.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 05:34:52 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2007, 03:12:25 PM »
The Club said before the Port game that he'd play within a couple of weeks so Jack has to debut on Saturday night  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
Plough said Jack will debut  :clapping.

Jack said his cousin Nick has been like a big brother and told him to just go out play your natural game like the U10's.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2007, 04:45:20 PM »
Great stuff and well deserved  :woohoo

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »
Jack said his cousin Nick has been like a big brother and told him to just go out play your natural game like the U10's.
He should have played in the Geelong game then.  8)  :(

Good stuff.  :thumbsup
I've been hanging out to see Jack play in the seniors.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott