Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 461564 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #3225 on: August 13, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Most scoring shots by a Tiger in 73 years.

Only behind Roach in terms of number of times a Tiger has kicked 10+ goals (Riewoldt now equal with Jack Titus).

Only one of two current players who have kicked 10+ in a game three times (Eagles' Josh Kennedy is the other; Buddy has only done it twice).

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-08-12/jack-jumps-into-elite-goalkicking-company

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3226 on: August 13, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
Is this Jack’s best year?

Goals aside, his work to create goals is just as impressive.
True champion of the game.

Has to be a lock for the AA side imo.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3227 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »
The Norf fans on BF were saltier than a Scott twins sweat when Jack kicked past Ben Clown  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3228 on: August 13, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »
Yup cant see any logic behind him not being FF or CHF in the all-aus team now that he will likely finish top 3 in the coleman at the very least considering hes got them all covered in the other stats i.e. score involvements, marks, contested marks etc. plus hes team is top of the ladder.....

More interested to see where he finishes in the B&F, surely would be close to leading it at this point?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3229 on: August 14, 2018, 11:23:14 AM »
The stats files: Who's in the box seat for the Coleman?

Brown's Kangaroos face Adelaide and St Kilda in the last two rounds, sides he has kicked just a combined 19 majors in 13 career matches against.

Riewoldt, on the other hand – fresh from a sizzling bag of 10 at Gold Coast's expense on Saturday – averages 2.3 goals in 31 clashes with Richmond's upcoming opponents, Essendon and the Western Bulldogs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-14/the-stats-files-whos-in-the-box-seat-for-the-coleman#/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3230 on: August 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
Riewoldt is the best key forward in AFL: Wallace

By SEN
14 Aug 2018

Former Richmond coach Terry Wallace says Jack Riewoldt is the best key forward in the AFL.

The Tigers thumped the Gold Coast Suns by 74-points on the weekend, a victory which was driven by Riewoldt’s 10-goal performance.

Despite the incredible individual effort, Wallace believes it is Riewoldt’s team play that makes him so special.

“Jack Riewoldt,” Wallace told SEN’s KB and The Doc, when asked who he thinks is the best key forward in the league.

“He brings more other players into the contest than any other of the forwards.

“Ben Brown has had a great year, fantastic year, but more of his work is straight lead out at the ball, take possession of the ball.

“He is not orchestrating as many goals, it doesn’t mean he is not having a great season, but he is not orchestrating as many goals for others as what I think Riewoldt is.

“I don’t even think Buddy (Lance Franklin) has done that this year. He still has played some outstanding games but to me, it’s really Jack Riewoldt.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08/13/riewoldt-is-the-best-key-forward-in-afl-wallace/

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3231 on: August 14, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »
He is having a career best season I feel and has become the ultimate team player. It would be fantastic to see Jack win another Coleman however I feel the next two matches there might be a push to be more team orientated from Dimma.

Meanwhile n0rf will do everything they can to help krusty pip Jack for the Coleman.  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3232 on: August 14, 2018, 02:23:10 PM »

Meanwhile n0rf will do everything they can to help krusty pip Jack for the Coleman.  :shh

Yep, watch them try to get their big doofus over the line.

Jack might even be a shot at AA captain  :shh

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3233 on: August 15, 2018, 02:43:09 AM »
Yup cant see any logic behind him not being FF or CHF in the all-aus team now that he will likely finish top 3 in the coleman at the very least considering hes got them all covered in the other stats i.e. score involvements, marks, contested marks etc. plus hes team is top of the ladder.....

More interested to see where he finishes in the B&F, surely would be close to leading it at this point?
Jack's now jumped to the lead in the all important and prestigious OER Tiger of the Year Award  ;D :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3234 on: August 15, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »

Jack's now jumped to the lead in the all important and prestigious OER Tiger of the Year Award  ;D :thumbsup.

You forgot "Time Honored" in your descripton too.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3235 on: August 19, 2018, 07:14:30 PM »
Duck eggs for slinky head tonight.... :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3236 on: August 19, 2018, 07:30:17 PM »
Duck eggs for slinky head tonight.... :clapping

3-4 goals for jack against the doggies should lock in the Coleman.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #3237 on: August 19, 2018, 07:38:53 PM »
Isn't Buddy doing his swag poo again too. He's up there now. Could be anyone of those 3 winning it.

We don't play for individual awards but I hope we feed Jack a little bit once we get the game under control next week
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3238 on: August 19, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »
Coleman Medal Race after Round 22

Jack Riewoldt   60  .... vs Dogs
Ben Brown       58 ..... vs Saints
Lance Franklin  57 ..... vs Hawks
Tom Hawkins   56 ...... vs Suns (remember Jack kicked 10 against them)
Luke Breust     52
Jesse Hogan    47
Jack Gunston   46
Tom McDonald 45
Josh Caddy      43

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3239 on: August 19, 2018, 08:01:04 PM »
Isn't Buddy doing his swag poo again too. He's up there now. Could be anyone of those 3 winning it.

We don't play for individual awards but I hope we feed Jack a little bit once we get the game under control next week

Can’t see him kicking 3 more goals against the hawks than jack kicks against the doggies. Think brown and Hawkins are the biggest threats.