Author Topic: Coburg vs Box Hill - Anzac Day  (Read 6516 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Coburg vs Box Hill - Anzac Day
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 05:31:17 PM »
All in favour of ditching Richmond and supporting Coburg for the rest of the season raise your hands lol  :rollin

:gotigers (of the Coburg type)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 06:14:58 PM »
Connors - had a good burst early on, showing a lot of flair and bravado - played in a cocky manner, but was a bit hit and miss. He'd do a couple of clever and stylish things, then totally stuff up the next opportunity. Anyway, he played with a great deal more confidence than the previous two times I've seen him. When down back, played a bit like Joel Bowden does. I'm more confident about him now, because his upside is impressive. He appears to have a touch of real class.Has a bit of dash as well.
Connors sounds very promising GB. I was surprised when Connors lasted to pick 58 so hopefully we've picked up a bargain and a good classy footballer.

Sadly for Cass he just take a trick at the moment with injury. Plays well then he has to start again.

Sewell got a lot of possessions and worked really hard.
Is he the brother of Hawthorn's Brad?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
Guys first post but went to the Coburg game today. Really impressed with the structured manner in which they play out of the backline ... they appear well coached!! Just some comment on some of the players:

Polo - he was a cut above the others (keeps his feet)
Patto - he was much more effective playing forward (CHF??!!)
Jack - he is very good, a great judge of the ball in flight
Danny Connors - he is hard at it and has very good disposal
Kel Moore - I did not see him miss a disposal today, he has surprising pace for a mid size backman, BOG today
Matty White - genuine pace and broke the lines many times today, not far behind moore for BOG
Danny Meyer - finally showed something today, appeared to be limping slightly by end of game, great finisher

I stood near Jade Rawlings and Choco Royal - they took many notes when Danny and Jack were near the ball.

All in all I was really impressed with their performance.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2007, 06:59:52 PM »
They both come fron Nth Ballarat Rebels/Newlyn, so they must be brothers or cousins. Similar work rate.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »
Welcome TigerRocket :clapping

I think GB has covered everything off nicely.

I think the problem Cam Howat has got and it's been spoken about is that he only has a left foot and no right when it comes to kicking and he is getting found out a bit which is the thing I reckon he really needs to work on/workout.

Everyone will be pleased to know the chess board on the back of Polo's head has been removed  ;D

I reckon the improvement in Jarrod Sylvestor this season is outstanding and perhaps he would be worth considering as a mature age rookie. Has certainly bulked up across the shoulders and is super fit. Actually the entire Coburg team looks super fit - gee they really run and run and they are very quick. Because any team can run but it doesn't mean they have pace - Coburg certainly have pace :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2007, 10:18:59 PM »

Everyone will be pleased to know the chess board on the back of Polo's head has been removed  ;D

I didn't really mind it WP  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 02:05:31 AM »
Great first post TigerRocket  :clapping. Welcome to OER  :).

On SEN's VFL hour last night they said Polo ended up with 27 possessions and like you said TigerRocket he was a cut above. They love Jack and the way he plays. The only thing that was annoying was they kept going on about how young a side Box Hill are. Did someone there forget to look at Coburg's list  ???. 

I think the problem Cam Howat has got and it's been spoken about is that he only has a left foot and no right when it comes to kicking and he is getting found out a bit which is the thing I reckon he really needs to work on/workout.
The reason he remained a rookie IMO. You need to be dual sided now days.

They both come fron Nth Ballarat Rebels/Newlyn, so they must be brothers or cousins. Similar work rate.
Thanks GB. Yeah they must be related. Brad has been a find for Hawthorn.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 02:09:52 AM »
Sadly for Cass he just take a trick at the moment with injury. Plays well then he has to start again.
I'll correct myself as a PM I got said Cass was seen on Ch 9 news training with Richmond. Great news if that's so. Hmmm could be a few changes this week.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 02:18:27 AM »
But will polo be one of them, with a bog or close to it he obviously took his medicine well.
After a rocket up ya then perform like that maybe another chance this week, the conditions will suit and he hasn't been the worst (Apart from that hairdo) :lol

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 02:29:19 AM »
Good to see the youngsters are starting to shine  :thumbsup :gotigers
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 03:21:53 AM »
But will polo be one of them, with a bog or close to it he obviously took his medicine well.
After a rocket up ya then perform like that maybe another chance this week, the conditions will suit and he hasn't been the worst (Apart from that hairdo) :lol
I agree CUB that Polo has done his penance but 3 full games in 8 days is a tough ask recovery wise in modern footy. It would be odd if the RFC pulled out JON, Clever, Jacko and Cass and then played someone who played yesterday instead.   

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger cubs learning fast (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 04:18:09 AM »
Tiger cubs learning fast
26 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Geoff Poulter

RICHMOND is going through hard times, but the Tigers' VFL affiliate Coburg continues to throw up selection options among its lively youngsters.

Yesterday it was Dean Polo's turn to impress in Coburg's 73-point win, 20.9 (129) to 7.14 (56), against the Box Hill Hawks at Box Hill City Oval in the first of the Round 4 fixtures.

Polo was prominent in defence and won the Gibbs-Lines Medal for best-on-ground.

Danny Meyer (four goals), Jack Riewoldt (three goals) and Matt White all look capable of coping with promotion to AFL level, while Kelvin Moore and Cameron Howat also stood out yesterday.

Polo played for the Tigers on Friday night against the Western Bulldogs and was dropped to try to gain some hard match conditioning.

"I think Deano just wanted a really good four-quarter game," Coburg coach Andrew Collins said.

"He's been on and off the bench and I think (Richmond coach) Terry (Wallace) just wanted to get some miles into his legs and he was very classy today."

Riewoldt, who resembles Mark Harvey and plays with Dermott Brereton-like flair, is gradually picking up the tempo. He doesn't turn 19 until October 31.

"He is going to be a terrific player for the Richmond Football Club in years to come," Collins said.

"He has got real class and flamboyance about him that every key forward needs."

Coburg has won three straight to charge to top place, perhaps temporarily with five Round 4 games left.

"We wouldn't have anticipated that with such a young group, but our young guys are coming along a lot quicker," Collins said.'

"And you know that article about Richmond youth and Hawthorn youth, well it was on display today, wasn't it?

"These are guys that Terry is looking at to step up and they are developing really nicely as footballers at the moment."

Coburg's defence was sound and the Tigers looked a well-drilled unit.

"We've recruited very well," Collins said, referring to the likes of Fortunato Caruso (Calder Cannons), Myles Sewell (North Ballarat), Logan Hill (Dandenong Stingrays) and Ryan Anderson (Northern Knights), who were all good contributors yesterday.

In contrast, there was not much to enthuse about Box Hill's performance. Beau Dowler can be a threat in the air and Zac Dawson was willing.

With a bye in the next round, Coburg doesn't play again for 18 days. "We might do some soccer and some rugby, have a lot of fun and support our reserves playing some good footy over the next couple of weeks," Collins said.

"It was always going to be a test of wills and I was really pleased with our performance."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21622318%255E19771,00.html

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »
I'll correct myself as a PM I got said Cass was seen on Ch 9 news training with Richmond. Great news if that's so. Hmmm could be a few changes this week.

Yep, on Ch 10 news definately saw Casserly, Hughes and Jackson training at Gosch's paddock yesterday with the main group.  Didn't see JON but you'd think he's a definite starter. 

Maybe they'll make a late call and whoever doesn't get picked will play for the Coburg reserves.

Casserly is definately not injured it seems.

Would love to see all 4 in at the expense of Polo, Krakouer, Johnson and Gaspar.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
Craig McRae in EOTT said Cass went off with a sore groin against Werribee but he must be okay now.

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2007, 05:50:58 PM »

I didn't really mind it WP  :thumbsup

I never saw the hair-do... anyone get a photo of it?

All in favour of ditching Richmond and supporting Coburg for the rest of the season raise your hands lol  :rollin

:gotigers (of the Coburg type)

:lol :rollin
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!