Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast matchday thread  (Read 7995 times)

Bulluss

Re: Richmond vs West Coast matchday thread
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 05:52:52 PM »
I thought it was a pretty good effort today also but i have to disagree with you Wayne in regards to Newman.

Didnt show enough respect to Wirrapunda today and was well beaten. I dont care how many kicks he got, his first job is to stop his opponent as a defender.

Lots of positives today!!! :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 06:43:25 PM »
The effort and style of play in 3 of the quarters was very good and the best we've played this year. 2nd quarter got ugly when we stopped running and presenting which proved costly in the end as did Schulz's 4 straight behinds. He said in the press conference that he had a bad day.

Moving Richo out of the forward line was a good move by Plough. I was nervous seeing him deep in defence at times but the big fella didn't let us down with his disposal.

Our dumb turnovers through skill erros continue to gift the opposition soft goals and hurt us with the same old senior players the culprits. We need to bite the bullet and offload them and their too cute dumb ways. We can argue we need their bigger bodies to protect the kids but we couldn't match the Eagles at the stoppages and clearances anyway.

Anyway plenty of highlights and positives that offer hope for the future:

Tambo's getting better by the game despite a couple of dumb kicks. A ripper first quarter obviously with 4 goals followed by 3 solid quarters.

Lids finally using his torpedo.

Polak and McGuane were very good.

Edwards, Hughes and JON did some nice cameos. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »
I thought it was a pretty good effort today also but i have to disagree with you Wayne in regards to Newman.

Didnt show enough respect to Wirrapunda today and was well beaten. I dont care how many kicks he got, his first job is to stop his opponent as a defender.

newman lost me today, his lack of accountability was shocking, lost many browni points

letsgetiton!

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 06:53:32 PM »
why cant we recruit or develop players who can kick like hurn

today deledio and clever made me eat humble pie, 2 masive goals

Ramps

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 09:09:26 AM »
Ratings

Newman 6
Gaspar 4
J.Bowden 6
McGuane 6
Tambling 7
Deledio 5
Polak 8
Richardson 7
Tivendale 4
Pettifer 4
Foley 6
Oakley-Nicholls 5
Raines 7
Hughes 6
Schulz 4
Hyde 5
Simmonds 7
Johnson 5
Tuck 4
Jackson 5
King 6
Edwards 5

letsgetiton!

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 09:42:27 AM »
Ratings

Newman 4 too loose on wirra
Gaspar 3 this guy needs some angry pills, too damn soft and seems in dreamland
J.Bowden 6
McGuane 6
Tambling 7
Deledio 5
Polak 9 owned the half backline
Richardson 5
Tivendale 2
Pettifer 2
Foley 5 disposal still an issue
Oakley-Nicholls 5
Raines 6
Hughes 6
Schulz 4
Hyde 5
Simmonds 7
Johnson 5
Tuck 1
Jackson 6 killed braun
King 6
Edwards 5 would have got more if had more game time

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
Tambo's getting better by the game despite a couple of dumb kicks. A ripper first quarter obviously with 4 goals followed by 3 solid quarters.

Lids finally using his torpedo.

The two highlights of my day was Tambo's first quarter and Lids massive goal

Offline TigerRocket

• Future Richmond star
  • Tigers 4 Ever
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
Backline much better with Polak @ CHB he is a natural there.
Time for Moore to replace Gaspar, we just can't have his poor disposal any longer, Polo in for Tucky next week 
Bling and Cleever play them and they will deliver and Delidio in the middle was great
Loved Richo running around the ground, whilst his disposal is not the best it makes our forward line looks better and the opposition ruckman had to choose between Simmo and Richo ... liked it a lot .... now if we can only get Benny Gale to explain defensive positioning to the big fella he would kill them.

A lot to like about today, we would have beaten any other side on that performance ... let's get the pussies next week
 :gotigers

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 10:33:09 AM »

Sorry, can you repeat that?  In the caps that you love. ;D

letsgetiton!

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »

Sorry, can you repeat that?  In the caps that you love. ;D

TODAY DELEDIO AND CLEVER MADE ME EAT HUMBLE PIE, 2 MASSIVE GOALS  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »
Interesting the media blamed JON for not going for goal but Plough believed JON made the right decision and blamed those up forward for not being front and square. JON probably positioned his chip to far to the left of the square but if he had blazed away and missed the media would have pinned JON for that. Kingy and JON should have faked cramp when they didn't think they could kick that far and got Clever to walk over and take their kicks instead.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 08:05:57 PM »
Interesting the media blamed JON for not going for goal but Plough believed JON made the right decision and blamed those up forward for not being front and square. JON probably positioned his chip to far to the left of the square but if he had blazed away and missed the media would have pinned JON for that. Kingy and JON should have faked cramp when they didn't think they could kick that far and got Clever to walk over and take their kicks instead.   

we liek everyone prob thought jon would go 4 goal, but he obv stuck to the game plan , yes it went a bit left but maybe he intended that, maybe he was switcvhed on and everyone else lost concentration. i dont blame him nor jake, i blame tuck and gas and tiv for their turnovers and blame petts cos he wore his skirt again and blame the bloody umpires

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »

:clapping :clapping Agree Bull - I thought Newman was our worst - did stand his opponent at all yesterday and gave Wirrapunda far to much latitude. It cost us goals. He has always worried me against these smart small forwards gets beaten far to often IMHO.

Though Richo was sensational as a round the ground player. Even when he had to do the ruck work he did OK simply because he didn't give away free kicks ;D. Just made sure he got in front and gave a contest. The best part about it was that it meant Polak got to play in a set position and he starred. Brilliant in the contested mark situation.

Lots of positives most definitely but another game we could have won and didn't and that's still a disppointment

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 09:31:12 AM »

we liek everyone prob thought jon would go 4 goal, but he obv stuck to the game plan , yes it went a bit left but maybe he intended that, maybe he was switcvhed on and everyone else lost concentration. i dont blame him nor jake, i blame tuck and gas and tiv for their turnovers and blame petts cos he wore his skirt again and blame the bloody umpires

Could you please list and describe tiv's alleged turnovers from saturday?I would like specific examples, if you don't mind.
I think you'll find that others, eg Foley and Tambling, were the real offenders.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 09:38:47 AM »

foley and blingers can be excused, yes they made a turnover or 2, but they are still young and at least are having a positive impact on teh game

tiv is as useless as t@s on a bull! if you could not see all the mistakes he made on teh w/e then u obv were sleeping!

just watch the replay, and u will see, but you would have seen more of his crap work being at the ground ,

tivendale, let he be gone

Could you please list and describe tiv's alleged turnovers from saturday?I would like specific examples, if you don't mind.
I think you'll find that others, eg Foley and Tambling, were the real offenders.