Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast matchday thread  (Read 8021 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Richmond vs West Coast matchday thread
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2007, 07:09:50 AM »
Why are you always YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats with this yelling crap!
ffs, sometimes i hit the caps button by accident and it stays on, i dont look at my screen as i type, and by the time i notice it, i cant be stuffed retyping it with caps off!!!

Geez chris  EVEN IF CAPS ON MEANS YELLING, ITS NOT LIKE YOYUR GONNA GET AN EAR AKE OVER IT!!!! CAN U HEAR ME SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

no u cant, so  :P

letsgetiton!

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2007, 07:10:48 AM »
and by the way. im italian. its in my culture to talk LOUD

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2007, 07:38:47 AM »
I don't care what your background is.  It is either showing extreme ignorance or arrogance to constantly be yelling when everyone knows that typing in capitals is considered yelling and is bad form.  You seem to do it to get your point across.  Fair enough if it is accidental but then you can always edit your threads.  It's not like this is the first time it has been brought to your attention either.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2007, 08:24:55 AM »
I don't care what your background is.  It is either showing extreme ignorance or arrogance to constantly be yelling when everyone knows that typing in capitals is considered yelling and is bad form.  You seem to do it to get your point across.  Fair enough if it is accidental but then you can always edit your threads.  It's not like this is the first time it has been brought to your attention either.

1/ i dont have time to edit my threads
2/ i dont really give a rats clacker if ppl get upset if they dont like caps on
3/ its not ignorance, its not arrogance, it mostly at times accidental and if you dont like it, DONT READ IT.(sorry if that deafand you, does this size refer to as whispering ?)

seriously if ppl get upset cos caps are left on, they should get a life!

now i have never heard anyone yell or scream over a forum, they are just words, whether they are in capital or lower case, they have no sound , no voice.

if caps on means yelling to most , if thats a non written rule. stiff cheddar. letting go of a footballl incorrectly is a rule, but u dont see the umpires abiding by that, or has that gone over your head

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2007, 08:55:47 AM »
Could you please type slower? I can't read fast.  :whistle

Mark Robinson said he will be writing an article about us tomorrow in the Herald-Sun. He also said he hadn't seen our game and will be watching the second quarter for the umpiring.
I saw him there an hour before the game.  :-\
Probably got thrown out for being dressed like a hobo - wearing those strides that you're not sure are long shorts or long pants his mum has taken up too much  :help and thongs. Oh yeah, and for just being a boofhead.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »
Tivs first three games this year were good but he had a shocker on the weekend. I still have no idea what he saw when he handballed backwards to no one in the second quarter. IIRC Clever had just put us up by 21 points. From the bounce Simmo taps into free space defensive side of the centre circle. Tivs runs and collects perfectly running onto his left. Everyone expects him to kick long into our forward fine but no he tries to be too cute and handballs blindly behind him to no one. Ball bounces straight into the path of an Eagle who passes it to Wirrpanda  
As stated above, that was Deledio, not Tivendale. I checked the videotape. MT has made an error - fortunately he doesn't make many, and when he does, he admits his error.
I'm not all that "pro-tiv". I recognise both his strengths and weaknesses (eg did you know that he made 9 tackles against WC?).I know that he can regularly make turnovers, it's just that he hasn't made many THIS year. People's perceptions don't match the reality, and that's my whole point.
Tiv gets treated unfairly by a lot of people. If you're going to criticise him for causing turnovers in a specific match, then I think it's only fair(to Tiv, for instance)to specify what the turnovers actually were when requested.Did he cause turnovers, or is he being unfairly maligned in this specific match?Is the perception different than the reality?MT has already given an example of where the facts did not support an allegation.

X - why don't you just say that you can't come up with any examples from saturday's match,or can't be bothered doing so, and that your comment was possibly influenced by Tiv's past performances, and that you made some assumptions?.....and then move on. I'm moving on now, otherwise I'll be labouring my point.In fact,if you wish, don't bother with any more coverage of this issue, because it's finished.

By the way, X, I'm going to assume that you referring to me as "gorgon" Bennett was a typing error. Of course, if you had ever seen me in person you might have some actual evidence to back up that remark!!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 10:59:06 AM by Gordon Bennett »

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2007, 10:24:00 AM »
That explains why Richmond players are turning to stone in the last quarter.
Might need to get Simmo to do something with your hair.  ;)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »

By the way, X, I'm going to assume that you referring to me as "gorgon" Bennett was a typing error. Of course, if you had ever seen me in person you might have some actual evidence to back up that remark!!

gorgon was a typo, apologies

and about tiv, i dont have time to mention how many mistakes he make, not just statistically, but when and whre he was running, things off the ball. his kicks look gr8 , but they are shockers most of teh time, even though he did lay some nices passes on the w/e.

his is a mature body now, but plays like a skinny raw 16yo girl. enough is enough and i bet by mid yr we wont see him again

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
As stated above, that was Deledio, not Tivendale. I checked the videotape. MT has made an error - fortunately he doesn't make many, and when he does, he admits his error.

Yep sorry to Tivs  :-[. Did Lids get dragged for that? He should have. I can think of another one that was definitely Tivs but I'll quit while I'm behind lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »

X - why don't you just say that you can't come up with any examples from saturday's match,or can't be bothered doing so, and that your comment was possibly influenced by Tiv's past performances, and that you made some assumptions?.....and then move on. I'm moving on now, otherwise I'll be labouring my point.In fact,if you wish, don't bother with any more coverage of this issue, because it's finished.

ok gordon bennett

if you really insist, now these are just off the top of my head, but feel pleased to check them out

quarter 1
with 8min 15sec to go in the quarter  Tambling hand passes the ball to Tiv, this would have given him an easy run inside 50 on his preferred side but what did he do, under no pressure fumbled and teh ball went OOB.

7.13 tiv passes inside 50 to tambling under no pressure and kicks over his head! We were just lucky blingers had enough agility to double back and get hit high by stenglein, and he goaled, but dont let that sugar coat tivs pathetic disposal inside 50

7.00 centre bounce, Tivs showed no desire to get a lose ball, under no pressure just spectated instead of going hard 4 teh pill, all he had to do was attack the ball, but he didnt and we lost the clearance!

0.30 tiv again, soft attempt at a tackle, his lack of desire to do the team and right thing cost us another clearance. that clearance result in a set shot from jones, a goal he should of kicked just b4 the siren

quarter 2

14.30 bombs tyhe ball inside 50.  stupid and wrong option, esp by an experienced player.  caused a turnover and goal

8.20 tiv should have run hard defensively. he was 3 metres  or less away from wirrapunda. rather than pressure wirra, he just watched kick an easy open goal. he spectated. sure it wasnt his man, but he was in teh area, and its a team sport

2.40 tivs, again inside 50, shocking disposal, missed clever on the lead

quarter 3

offered nothing all quarter, hardly sighted. pathetic and lazy effort. and guess what, he didnt really get the ball that quarter , and we matched the eagles! they didnt get away from us, well what do ya know!

quarter 4
had 2 early possessions in teh fiorst 2 minutes, then nothing, see qyarter 3, absolutely went missing, did nothing at all to help the team. at least when he dosnt get the ball we play better, and hows that, we got withing 4 points and again matched teh eagles in that quarter.

to some up, these are just some things you could see on tv, at the ground he was worse, ran to the wrong spots, was never where he was supposed to be, never used his run offensively and was absolutely pathetic defensively.

at least pettifer improved as the game went on, but tivs went from pathetic to effing stupid pathetic.  

and if tivs and tuck are not dropped next week , that means terry is weak as poo and does not walk the walk

we all know terry loves tivs, why, thats an effing mystery

Moi

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »

ok gordon bennett

if you really insist, now these are just off the top of my head, but feel pleased to check them out

quarter 1
with 8min 15sec to go in the quarter  Tambling hand passes the ball to Tiv, this would have given him an easy run inside 50 on his preferred side but what did he do, under no pressure fumbled and teh ball went OOB.

7.13 tiv passes inside 50 to tambling under no pressure and kicks over his head! We were just lucky blingers had enough agility to double back and get hit high by stenglein, and he goaled, but dont let that sugar coat tivs pathetic disposal inside 50

7.00 centre bounce, Tivs showed no desire to get a lose ball, under no pressure just spectated instead of going hard 4 teh pill, all he had to do was attack the ball, but he didnt and we lost the clearance!

0.30 tiv again, soft attempt at a tackle, his lack of desire to do the team and right thing cost us another clearance. that clearance result in a set shot from jones, a goal he should of kicked just b4 the siren

quarter 2

14.30 bombs tyhe ball inside 50.  stupid and wrong option, esp by an experienced player.  caused a turnover and goal

8.20 tiv should have run hard defensively. he was 3 metres  or less away from wirrapunda. rather than pressure wirra, he just watched kick an easy open goal. he spectated. sure it wasnt his man, but he was in teh area, and its a team sport

quarter 3

offered nothing all quarter, hardly sighted. pathetic and lazy effort. and guess what, he didnt really get the ball that quarter , and we matched the eagles! they didnt get away from us, well what do ya know!

quarter 4
had 2 early possessions in teh fiorst 2 minutes, then nothing, see qyarter 3, absolutely went missing, did nothing at all to help the team. at least when he dosnt get the ball we play better, and hows that, we got withing 4 points and again matched teh eagles in that quarter.

to some up, these are just some things you could see on tv, at the ground he was worse, ran to the wrong spots, was never where he was supposed to be, never used his run offensively and was absolutely pathetic defensively.

at least pettifer improved as the game went on, but tivs went from pathetic to effing stupid pathetic.  

and if tivs and tuck are not dropped next week , that means terry is weak as poo and does not walk the walk

Don't know if that's the case or not - too lazy to get the video out.  But really, if you analysed every player, wouldn't you come up with similar numbers of errors?  If you didn't, I'd be pretty surprised because I haven't noticed us winning too many games.  Every loss can't be Tiv's fault lol

Then maybe you feel some sympathy for those of us who've seen the same love affair with Krak for years.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
moi, gordon wanted examples about tiv

but if you want i wil giv examples on al players, but tuck , petts and tivs were our worst.

newman needs a kick in the backside for some of his efforts

guys like lids, blingers foley etc who made just a few errors can be let of the hook, cos they are young, and at least they didnt stop trying

now about krak, yes i saw the best in him, but am i upset he has been dropped .....no

its whats best for the team, team comes first, not krak, not tivsm not brown, not richo.........etc......the team is no1.

and for teh team, its best tivs petts and tuck get dropped, petts until his workrate imprives, the ither 2 for good!

if petts and tuck dont improve, we have to use them as trade bait. tiv simply must be let go

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2007, 11:00:38 PM »
Don't know about the yelling but I am getting bloody annoyed with the constant using of the "f" word in its many different forms e.g. ffs, effen etc

We've asked people to tone it down twice in the last month - is it really that hard people ???

:banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2007, 08:29:29 AM »
omg

damn, i have sinned

i will go to confession on sunday morning

*edited*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:06:47 AM by X-CITED »

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »
I wanted to "move on", but I suppose it's my fault because I challenged X to provide some evidence, and he did. So well done, X. However, the evidence you provided is certainly open to interpretation. I went through it and none of them really come under the definition of "turnover", which I think means where after a player's inaccurate disposal by hand or foot, possession directly goes to the opposition

quarter 1

- the kick to Tambling went slightly over his head, but he still retained posession - no turnover
- a fumble leading to the ball going out of bounds leads to a throw-in - no direct link to loss of possession, no poor disposal, therefore no turnover.

No turnover, nor do I agree with your interpretation of events

quarter 2

I don't think a long kick to the hotspot 25 m from goal, where a pack forms, only to be marked by the opposition, constitutes a turnover. I'm not sure he had a clear alternative, with the ump calling 'play on", and no free man leading to him.Anyway, this one is the closest one to a turnover you've provided.

8.20 - not a turnover
2.40 - yes, the kick wasn't perfect, but you could argue Hughes got under the ball. Anyway, Hughes punched the ball to Schulz, who then handballed to Hyde running passed, who then got caught by Kerr. Therefore, you can't say that Tiv turned it over because 3 more players were involved before possession was lost.

quarter 3

quarter 4

there are no turnovers in these examples from the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Generally, Tiv played only an average game - 15 possessions, 9 tackles, and wasn't perfect in all of his decision-making or disposals, but who was?

The key point is that, by definition, he didn't cause multiple turnovers, and we didn't lose the game because of his actions.

And that's my last word on this matter......and WP, there are no "f" words in this post.