Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50342 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »
You couldn't do it. You can't trust a drug addict. What a damn shame.
Cousins is finished. No club will touch him now even if the AFL don't deregister him. He's a risk to sponsorship, draft picks, club fines by the AFL, etc... on top the risk of poisoning the playing group. He needs major help and being in the spotlight won't help that. It's a sheer waste of such a gifted footballer. Brownlow medallist to expelled drug addict in the space of 2 years.

SEN said there's been a ring around the clubs and no club is interested in him in the PSD.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2007, 11:17:38 PM »
I WAS ASKED FOR A NAME- I PROVIDED THE NAME!

NOW SOME OF YOU SAY - IT DOESNT COUNT!

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

CAN RICHMOND GET JUST 1 ... JUST 1 BIG NAME PLAYER!

IM NOT ASKING FOR THE RETURN OF CONSTANTINOPLE TO GREECE

ALL IM ASKING IS FOR OUR CLUB TO SIGN 1 RECOGNISED BIG NAME PLAYER!

THAT IS ALL!

DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS NOT DESERVE TO HAVE HOPE?

DONT RICHMOND SUPPORTERS DESERVE BETTER?

OR DO RICHMOND SUPPORTERS HAVE TO ACCEPT WOODEN SPOON AFTER WOODEN SPOON?

Nope, not good enough and you know it. Stevens is completely irrelevant and is NOT IN ANY WAY validation of your argument. My five year old nephew puts his hands over his ears and yells blah blah blah whenever he doesn't want to hear when he's wrong, I'd hope you could be a bit more mature.

So again, you are yet to name one big-name player that has gone to the PSD after being attracted there by a club.

Michael Johnson - was he a big name player when he was drafted? NO.
Brent Maloney - see above. NO.
Craig Bolton - No, he was discarded by Brisbane, hardly Sydney attracting a big name player.

So again we are left with not one single big name player ever entering the PSD because of the actions of another club to get them there.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

you got owned when i named a player.

Your full of it, you asked me for a name, I provided it. Now can you tell me why RICHMOND is incapable of getting a big name player.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2007, 12:30:44 AM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

THAT IS ALL!

Nope, not good enough and you know it. Stevens is completely irrelevant and is NOT IN ANY WAY validation of your argument. My five year old nephew puts his hands over his ears and yells blah blah blah whenever he doesn't want to hear when he's wrong, I'd hope you could be a bit more mature.

So again, you are yet to name one big-name player that has gone to the PSD after being attracted there by a club.

Craig Bolton - No, he was discarded by Brisbane, hardly Sydney attracting a big name player.

So again we are left with not one single big name player ever entering the PSD because of the actions of another club to get them there.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Your full of it, you asked me for a name, I provided it. Now can you tell me why RICHMOND is incapable of getting a big name player.

To use your example Ramps, we couldn't land the big name player (Judd) because WCE weren't prepared to let him go for nothing, andwere undercompenstaed by Carlton rather than be complete losers so Richmond could benefit... ??? Carlton only won out by being in the right place at the right time.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers haven't discussed Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2007, 03:41:25 AM »
Tigers haven't discussed Ben
18 October 2007   Herald Sun
Daryl Timms

RICHMOND football director Greg Miller said last night it would be a huge call for any club to offer Ben Cousins another chance.

Although the Tigers have first pick in the pre-season draft, Miller said he could not say whether the club would show any interest in the disgraced Eagle.

"I would have to speak to (coach) Terry Wallace and he is on holidays for three or four days," Miller said.

"It's a massive call and we would need to discuss it with the coach and the board."

Miller said Cousins would be eligible to be picked up in the pre-season draft unless he was deregistered by the AFL.

"Unless the AFL puts some suspensions on him, of course he can go into the pre-season draft," he said.

"But it's that big a question that it's something I couldn't answer, so that's why it would have to go to the coach and board."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22605006%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2007, 03:43:42 AM »
Jude Bolton and Tenace have re-signed with the Swans and Cats respectively.

So our choice has narrowed down to Brennan (who could also still re-sign with the Lions) and Richards  :-\.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2007, 07:12:28 AM »

So our choice has narrowed down to Brennan (who could also still re-sign with the Lions) and Richards  :-\.

what about ben rutton, heard he hasnt re-signed at the crows, is this true?

also i dont care that ben cousins has had all this drama. if there is no one good enough in the psd, i would rather take a risk on cousins than a dud like richards.
no one really knows why or what ben is goingthrough, but with continued support he may just come good. but lets be honest, he is a better player than judd, he is a monster , just the way he runs and gut runs sio hard, is an inspiration on the field. the off field stuff will be sorted out.

ben needs help and needs support , yes i know he has f up, but sh it m, he is only human and not the only one ever. ben has had to put up with so much pressure from a very young age, none of us would ever know what he is going through or gone through.
but even though he is 29 or so, his body is mint and he could play to over 35, if harvey can do it, vben definately could.

he would be just a machine in our midfeild and i hope ben gets through this and ends his career as a gun at rfc

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH

You do realise how pathetic you come across with the "BLAH BLAH BLAH" don't you?

Anyway, back on topic.

No, you have not named one single big name player that has been attracted into the PSD by a team with the first pick. Nick Stevens was not lured into the PSD by Carlton.

So you have failed.

Tigermonk

« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2007, 07:54:07 AM »

also i dont care that ben cousins has had all this drama. if there is no one good enough in the psd, i would rather take a risk on cousins than a dud like richards.
no one really knows why or what ben is goingthrough, but with continued support he may just come good. but lets be honest, he is a better player than judd, he is a monster , just the way he runs and gut runs sio hard, is an inspiration on the field. the off field stuff will be sorted out.

ben needs help and needs support , yes i know he has f up, but sh it m, he is only human and not the only one ever. ben has had to put up with so much pressure from a very young age, none of us would ever know what he is going through or gone through.
but even though he is 29 or so, his body is mint and he could play to over 35, if harvey can do it, vben definately could.

he would be just a machine in our midfeild and i hope ben gets through this and ends his career as a gun at rfc

would be nice but his deregistered by AFL

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2007, 08:49:52 AM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH

You do realise how pathetic you come across with the "BLAH BLAH BLAH" don't you?

Anyway, back on topic.

No, you have not named one single big name player that has been attracted into the PSD by a team with the first pick. Nick Stevens was not lured into the PSD by Carlton.

So you have failed.
Jezza - you've presented a coherent and logical case.

Meanwhile, Ramps stamps his feet like a toddler and does a lot of SHOUTING.

I think the valid expression is "you can't get blood out of a stone". If no leading player wants to leave his club in the first place, and then want to come to Richmond via the PSD, there is not a lot that Miller can do.He must also act responsibly, and not try to attract someone by offering them twice what the market says they're worth in order to get them to move.
We all would love a great player in the PSD.However, many of us are realistic enough to know that it's unlikely to happen, and we're not going to put a disproportionate amount of blame on the shoulders of anyone if it doesn't happen.

To say that Jezza "got owned" is plainly ridiculous.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

THAT IS ALL!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Ramps, you didnt name a big-name player who was enticed into the PSD.

Stevens was FORCED into the PSD because Port and Collingwood couldnt make a deal, not that Carlton convinced him to go there.

Now stop acting like a stuffing toddler.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2007, 09:13:30 AM »
The other thing to take into account is that it's still important to maintain decent relationships with the other sides when it comes to trading. Collingwood weren't a chance for Judd because they have burned bridges with WCE in the past. We play nice with WCE over Morton and help them in the Judd trade and it'll mean any future trades will be easier to do. The idea of completely shafting other clubs at all costs is not realistic and only exists on message boards.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:57 AM »
The other thing to take into account is that it's still important to maintain decent relationships with the other sides when it comes to trading. Collingwood weren't a chance for Judd because they have burned bridges with WCE in the past. We play nice with WCE over Morton and help them in the Judd trade and it'll mean any future trades will be easier to do. The idea of completely shafting other clubs at all costs is not realistic and only exists on message boards.
Good point.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »

thought cuz was saceked by wce, not deregistered by teh afl

whats going on with rutton?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:13 AM »

thought cuz was saceked by wce, not deregistered by teh afl

whats going on with rutton?

You're right X, at the moment he is only sacked but odds are he'll be deregistered.

Rutten still hasnt signed but Crows supporters reckon it's a formality.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »
If we choose one of richards or whitnall then miller might as well pack his bags.

ive said many times before id rather take a punt on a rookie than choose one of these losers.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.