Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn match thread  (Read 6885 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn match thread
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
u took my sentence way out of context

top notch workers in their jobs dont get sacked.

dont bring sh it like ford into it. thats totally different. thats high corporate cost cutting bs, nothing to do with whjat i am on about

kb a good man , dont think so, kb a good coach no way!

if u are the best of teh best and the best at what u do u will never get sacked! full stop 

never saw allan jeans get sacked when he was the best coach

why has kevin sheedy lasted so long

mchale

why was brian naylor never ever sacked as a news reader

because if ur the best at what u do u will never get sacked!
full stop

any of these ford workers btw, if tehy are the best at what they do, they will find work elsewhere

if tehy cruise through what they do, join the dole q

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2007, 01:00:42 PM »
mt watches nearly every tiger training session , i guess that makes mt an assistant coach too!  ;)
Gawd I hope not. I don't want to be blamed for this year  ;D.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »
u took my sentence way out of context

top notch workers in their jobs dont get sacked.

Did I? Was Jackstar a high ranking official at rfc was he? He must've been if you have mentioned him in the same breath as Jeans, Sheedy, McHale and so on.
Grant Thomas has a pretty good coaching record but he got sacked.

My point is X, is that it doesn't matter how good you are at your job, you are always a danger of being sacked, especially if you are the type to open your mouth and challenge the status quo.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2007, 03:11:27 PM »
As much as there's this fascination with another poster's employment history it is against the site's guidelines to get so personal. 

Back to the topic of yesterday's game please otherwise drop it.

Passionfruit

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »
can tell you that I have watched the pies train probably 8-10 times this year and guess what. BT was there every time ;)

u know where u can shove ur winks, cos i know that he has only been there in a coaching capacity for only 3 weeks!

mt watches nearly every tiger training session , i guess that makes mt an assistant coach too!  ;)

for someone who supposedly works for essendon, u sure get around, u at every single clubs training sessions

jack, u were sacked cos u talk shi t! and were no good at ur job!

good men never ever get sacked

Get this straight, I WALKED !
Secondly , I do go to every clubs training sessions, and see that Collingwood train on punt road and get an easy car park, I go and watch there drills as there drills are extremely good, not the under 13, s stuff that the Tiges do. I actually sat with Mightytiges at a Richmond session and he even agreed that dont train to flash. They actually practise kicking the ball high in there , lol

And you can see why there inside forward 50 work is poor as they all go for the same ball at training, thus its happens in a game and the forwards dont spread.
I actually watched the Bulldogs train when Wallace was coaching them and has changed his training drills dramatically.

You want to watch a good side train. go and watch the Kangas!
Everybody was reday to sack Ladley, he is miles away of a lot of coaches in his drills, if you dont beleive, go and have a look for yourself and stop bagging me!

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2007, 12:47:44 PM »
Wayne Schwas was questioning Richmonds training during the broadcast on MMM of the game. He wondered whether they practised their game skills or just trained!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »
Wayne Schwas was questioning Richmonds training during the broadcast on MMM of the game. He wondered whether they practised their game skills or just trained!
Richmond training is skill based but rarely the drills are done under pressure (i.e. another player putting pressure on the kicker). It's disjointed too IMO. We should finish off our work when doing our rebounding drills rather than just going back and forth the length of the ground. That's not to say I think Terry's tactics should be scrapped but he needs to "tweak" it over summer. We need to straighten up and use less handball. That of course means we need Tigers with good footskills and who can gut-run. If Terry can change over a preseason (unlike Spud) then he'll save his career.

Collingwood training, from the couple of time I've seen it, is game based. Malthouse runs the show and plays the role of umpire and game-controller in scratch matches. I'm surprised they fork out some much $$$ on assistants lol. Very simple gameplan (get it out wide from defence then cut inside to the corridor and go long to Rocca and Cloke) which means even dumb players can follow it lol but whether it stacks up come finals time with their list I don't believe so. Same with Laidley and the Roos.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd