Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 24318 times)

Life goes on

Re: Wallace
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
hey jack, if u really know that terry will be gone at the end of teh year, stop the winking and smug smiles, just let it out and tell us everything you know. tell us your source, and tell us who will replace him.
And then have the courage of your convictions to sign it off with your real name.  You said you would tell Wallace to his face everything - then why not here?
You won't of course.

And dont waste your time talking about courage either.
Everybody knows who i am here anyway smart arse, just grab last years annual report. ::)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
And I reckon Wallace he will walk at years end.
Tell you whats funny, all of you have an opinion and thats fine but none actually know Wallace. Well. in my opinion he will walk.

so its just your opinion , not anything concrete

my opinion is he wont walk

the only reason he left the dogs was because he had a better offer from the swans, end of story

now who would make him a better offer atm, no one, so unless he gets a better offer, he will stay

and imo, he will stay, mike sheahan as we know knows terry well, and he has stated in teh papers that unlike other coaches in the past who have stated the season this bad, terry is as safe as houses and going know where

there is know way, terrys ego will let him quit while he is down. the dogs was different, he moved on to what was meant to be a bigger and better contract, it it appears he was paid in full for 2 yrs of doing nothing

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2007, 12:31:02 PM »

You are the one who was claiming Wallace never said our list was better than Hawthorn.

It was me.  ;) I still am.
Wallace didn't say it in that whole quote, from a week before he took the job, you seem to claim as supposed proof he did. A nice piece of selective bolding and increasing in size to warp his point.
You forgot to find a quote where he says he chose Richmond because they had a better list than Hawthorn, as you also falsely claimed. You won't.

Here's what he said on the day he was announced as coach: (page 11 of this thread)

On Hawthorn:

"I just didn't think the EGM (extraordinary general meeting) pathway was the right way to go. I thought there was an ability at Richmond to allow a smooth transition for me to be able to take on the role. That was significant in the final decision making."

"It just became a situation where I would have only been going with my heart (to Hawthorn) and I didn't think the right reasons. I just thought it was a little bit cloudy."

"We never got to the terms of agreements or anything like that with Hawthorn because there was just roadblocks I the way that didn't allow it to get that far."

"They could not assure a clear passage through to me being able to take on the job, that there may be some EGM or some sort of situation there that wasn't clear….that was a key factor in me not going to Hawthorn."

On Richmond and Hawthorn's lists:

"I didn't think there was a lot of difference between the lists. If you're looking at a long-term sustainable objectives as a coach, unless there is a huge margin between the two I didn't pick it on list structure."

Having a problem with Wallace is one thing, twisting what he has said into something he didn't say so that it supports your opinion is something else.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2007, 01:04:53 PM »

As my grand old mum would have said about this thread "it will end in tears"

Can anyone tell me why I can't get 3AW through my computer - has the AFL banned streaming on football now? No game on free to air - any wonder the fans are unhappy.

ps - this site needs an Ox filter -  :rollin

Bulluss

« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2007, 01:09:18 PM »
Fish,

that quote was from an article from the Age. Wallace said it.

Wallace clearly stated that our list was in a better shape than Hawthorn's in particular the young kids.

Wallace aside, there is no way that anyone could in their right mind say that our current youngsters are better than Hawthorns.

I would say that Carltons youngsters are also better than ours also.

Sad fact but very true.

Life goes on

« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2007, 01:35:05 PM »
Went and watched the Hawks on friday night. They are the real deal.
Not many lightweights either.
And the biggest mistake ever at a draft was taking Tambling before Franklin . I liked Richard but have seen Buddy heaps this year. he will be a superstar if not already

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2007, 01:59:17 PM »
that quote was from an article from the Age. Wallace said it.

Wallace clearly stated that our list was in a better shape than Hawthorn's in particular the young kids.

I know the quote was from The Age and he said it. We'll have to disagree that he said our list was in better shape because I don't see it, let alone clearly. He said he thought our kids were more advanced at that stage, not our list.
From the time he came to the club he has pointed out the big hole in our list.

Their kids are probably performing better than ours atm, but those kids are not the ones he mentioned in the quote. Most have been recruited since.
A mixture of luck and good recruiting by the hawks, and good on them. You can't dump them on him for something he said in 2004 though.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
hey jack, if u really know that terry will be gone at the end of teh year, stop the winking and smug smiles, just let it out and tell us everything you know. tell us your source, and tell us who will replace him.
And then have the courage of your convictions to sign it off with your real name.  You said you would tell Wallace to his face everything - then why not here?
You won't of course.

And dont waste your time talking about courage either.
Everybody knows who i am here anyway smart behind, just grab last years annual report. ::)

oh we all know who you are jackstar, no need to worry about that...  ;)more than a few at the RFC know what you are up to....

Life goes on

« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2007, 03:19:22 PM »
Dont tell me, let me guess , undermining the football club ::)
Good luck to them :thumbsup

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2007, 03:36:37 PM »
Dont tell me, let me guess , undermining the football club ::)
Good luck to them :thumbsup

more like good luck to you.....not unlike 'pushing water up a hill'

Life goes on

« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
It is actually good luck to me.!
And you can tell them as well, to give me a call when they win a game. Would love to congratulate them ::)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2007, 04:33:03 PM »
Went and watched the Hawks on friday night. They are the real deal.
Not many lightweights either.
And the biggest mistake ever at a draft was taking Tambling before Franklin . I liked Richard but have seen Buddy heaps this year. he will be a superstar if not already

Just with Buddy he is going to be a star but not a consistent one IMHO. The type of player he is he will play probably 4-5 awesome games and the rest where he will just be a contributor rather than star.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2007, 04:59:44 PM »
And you can tell them as well, to give me a call when they win a game. Would love to congratulate them ::)

i thought with your connections within the RFC you wouldnt have to wait for a call, been stepping on too many toes have we or perhaps worn out your welcome.

Life goes on

« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »

i thought with your connections within the RFC you wouldnt have to wait for a call, been stepping on too many toes have we or perhaps worn out your welcome.

I actually want nothing to do with them, I am hardly an arse crawler, so I dont actually fit in , do I ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »
And I reckon Wallace he will walk at years end.
Tell you whats funny, all of you have an opinion and thats fine but none actually know Wallace. Well. in my opinion he will walk.
We're using the same train of thought of Wallace to come up with opposite opinions. I can't see him voluntarily walking out and being remembered as a wooden spoon coach. He would know if he leaves now it would be his final year as an AFL coach ever. His ego even if you believe he's only in it for himself wouldn't allow it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd