Author Topic: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton  (Read 55910 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Jordan McMahon and Mitch Morton
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 10:31:07 PM »
Agree with Jack that Morton has replaced Petts. Some might say Jordy has replaced Joel too. Hard to fit both in the one side if they both play the same role.

Personally prefer Joel, more versatile

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2008, 02:39:14 AM »
Agree with Jack that Morton has replaced Petts. Some might say Jordy has replaced Joel too. Hard to fit both in the one side if they both play the same role.

Personally prefer Joel, more versatile
Joel was but at the moment, whether it be age or lack of form, he is playing too loose off his opponent and is too one dimensional which is why he got dropped. Jordy is much quicker too for the role of a attacking rebounder.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
joel is too slow and jordy is a better kick

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2008, 05:02:03 PM »

As for McMahon, he doesnt really add much to our team IMO. As someone said at the footy today, i wonder how many of his possesions are from spotting up on a kick out.
You can tell that someone it was 2 against Freo (out of 32 possessions).

Last Sunday's game is on Fox tomorrow. I'll watch and give you a count from it.

McMahon, you know my thoughts, gains insignificant possesions from the kick ins which glorfiy his stats :chuck
What about the players who gain more possessions from kick ins, like Jake King for instance?
Are they insignificant possessions as well or only when it's McMahon?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

richmondrules

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
What about the players who gain more possessions from kick ins, like Jake King for instance?

From what I have seen McMahon does play better in a team that is on top. Having said that I have been extremely impressed with his creative disposal of the ball. He really does set the play and the player up nicely and he does have a good turn of speed.

I have no problem with him being a bit of a front runner since I fully expect the team to start giving him an environment where he will thrive. I wouldn't have wanted him in the team last year when we were struggling.

Little Jackie

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »

As for McMahon, he doesnt really add much to our team IMO. As someone said at the footy today, i wonder how many of his possesions are from spotting up on a kick out.

McMahon, you know my thoughts, gains insignificant possesions from the kick ins which glorfiy his stats :chuck

You might want to watch the game, he had 4 possesions in 20 secs in one instant on Sunday.
To compare Jake King and McMahon is a joke. Jake actually runs hard and take players on by foot, McMahon isnt real brave, or havent you noticed.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »

To compare Jake King and McMahon is a joke. Jake actually runs hard and take players on by foot, McMahon isnt real brave, or havent you noticed.
My comparison was for being spotted up from kick ins.
I'll ask you again - Is it insignificant possessions from the kick ins which glorify stats for Jake King (or any other player) as well or just for McMahon?
Pretty simple question.

Actually, I haven't noticed McMahon isn't real brave. Looked brave sitting under the ball knowing he was going to get cleaned up on Sunday.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »

You might want to watch the game, he had 4 possesions in 20 secs in one instant on Sunday.

i saw judd have 6 touches in 20 sec a few weeks back and the ball went no where, cheap possies , but no one questions juddy

jack jack jack

Little Jackie

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2008, 09:42:08 PM »

I'll ask you again - Is it insignificant possessions from the kick ins which glorify stats for Jake King (or any other player) as well or just for McMahon?
Pretty simple question.

Actually, I haven't noticed McMahon isn't real brave. Looked brave sitting under the ball knowing he was going to get cleaned up on Sunday.

Oh dear ::) Being brave has nothing to do with standing under a high ball, they all do that. being brave is taking players on by leg speed and backing your own ability to beat an opposition player, thats brave. Foley and King are perfect examples of being brave. tambling is also getting better at it

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »

Pretty simple question.

Oh dear ::) Being brave has nothing to do with standing under a high ball, they all do that. being brave is taking players on by leg speed and backing your own ability to beat an opposition player, thats brave. Foley and King are perfect examples of being brave. tambling is also getting better at it

:lol Jackstar you crack me up, love your examples of been BRAVE.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »
Believe it or not JacK, I'm actually not trying to be smart with this - I am genuinely interested in your answer.  Using your theory above, do you consider Raines to be brave?

Little Jackie

« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2008, 08:33:27 AM »
Believe it or not JacK, I'm actually not trying to be smart with this - I am genuinely interested in your answer.  Using your theory above, do you consider Raines to be brave?

To a certain degree yes, his use of the ball and decision making isnt the best, well not as good as last year.
Guys who run and break lines are brave.
Players who get easy possesions behind the ball.,arent real brave

Little Jackie

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
Chris Newman is brave I might add. disposals are killing him at the moment though

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2008, 09:11:04 AM »
Being brave has nothing to do with standing under a high ball, they all do that. being brave is taking players on by leg speed and backing your own ability to beat an opposition player, thats brave.
Like brave Sir Robin in MP & The Holy Grail.
He used leg speed to beat the opposition by bravely running away.  :D  ???
To steal your own line, you might want to watch the game. McMahon uses leg speed to beat opposition players.

I get what you're saying about Foley and King but I'd choose taking players on with leg speed ahead of standing unflinchingly under a ball and waiting for an oncoming pack to hit me (as McMahon did) every day of the week.

Getting back to the crux of my reason for posting in this thread, how's the insignificant possessions from kick ins answer coming along? Every player who is spotted up from them or just McMahon?  ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:28:07 AM by Fishfinger »

Moi

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2008, 09:28:16 AM »
Really sad the attack on this boy, even before he played a game at the club.
Just typical garbage that's being spewed out every day on nearly every site.
It's like they hope he goes bad just to prove points.
Some sick ppl in this world.

Go Jordy  :thumbsup