Author Topic: Wallace to stay or go???  (Read 13563 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Wallace to stay or go???
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2007, 06:15:49 PM »
The writing is on the wall now and I’m not prepared to support TW and the Club’s methods when they don’t deserve supporting.  Instead, I’d rather challenge them.

People say the state of the list and all its inherited problems are an issue, or ‘the’ issue.  You can accept that to some degree, but at times you just have to wonder if our results are simply the fault of the list, and I don’t reckon they are entirely.

If they are then what are we supposed to do until this perfect world arrives and our list is ideal?  Maybe we should just go and tend the garden and forget about footy for a while, contemplate our navels, take up needle point, or just take a trip around the world?  Unless you’re a glutton for punishment, why would you bother going to games if you already know to expect nothing much for some time to come yet?  But people go anyway, just in hope, if nothing else.

And so they should have hope.  After all, where’s the evidence to say that you can’t see any sort of results until the perfect world arrives?  If the coach’s faith is placed where it should be, in his players, rather than in the system, then the human spirit is only limited by belief.  At RFC they’ve mastered the art of illusion, and if they spent as much time on their players, as they do appeasing supporters, maybe we’d have something resembling a team, sooner rather than when the ‘premiership clock’ says we should have.

But the only people they are deluding now is themselves, because all this approach has served to do is eliminate the capacity for what the human spirit is capable of and replaced it with rhyme and reason.  There is always an explanation, an excuse and a reason for any and all situations.  No more does the human element play a part at RFC.  It all comes down to logic, stats, facts, figures, reasons why it is not and why it is so.

For as long as their faith is placed in systems, processes and reason, rather than people, then the possibility for anything else to occur is nigh on impossible.

One then has to ask what is the purpose of professional sport, if it is not to inspire people; not with the expected, but with unexpected amazing feats, endeavours and human ingenuity and spirit?  They are probably kidding themselves that they have people fooled, but they are the only real fools here, because they continue to fail, as a Club, to get the best out of players.  And instead of directing their energies in the areas that need it most, they prefer to use their energies to deflect, divert attention and relieve the pressure whenever failure occurs.

What they say may make a whole lot of sense, but seriously, where is the balance and where in this oh so logical and reasoned place is the potential for anything other than what is logical to occur?  What of the human element and the ability of humans to inspire through commitment, belief, determination, and shear will?  Where is there room for any of that to occur, under the current circumstances and way of doing things?

Nowhere I say, but what choice is there other than to wait patiently until our ideal list materialises.  Guess that is when we will start to see some coaching happen?  Nope, nothing happening here for a while folks, probably 2011 I reckon.

Clearly, the faith at RFC is misplaced.  It’s not where it should be.  It’s in deflecting, diverting attention, systems, processes, the list; managing the list, getting the list to the right number of games and in the right age brackets, blah, blah, blah.  We heard it the first time and understood, but when does achieving unexpected results, through coaching, come into things, like at other Clubs?  They’re trying to tell us it’s not possible, even though it happens at other Clubs.

Added to that are the continual excuses and distancing from any responsibility when it comes to poor performances, which are a bit rich.  The press conferences after games are a real eye opener, especially as TW seems to think that just by putting the onus on his players to perform that it will magically make them play better the next time or something.  Got me beat how it hasn’t worked so far.  There’s nothing like knowing your players and how to build their confidence and create a united team front.  Nothing at all.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
I left on my own steam as i wasnt going to work for a "" bunch of clowns"".

Wouldn't that make you a bitter and twisted ex-employee ??

Passionfruit

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:30 PM »
I left on my own steam as i wasnt going to work for a "" bunch of clowns"".

Wouldn't that make you a bitter and twisted ex-employee ??

No!, got better job elsewhere, end of subject!

Moi

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »
The writing is on the wall now and I’m not prepared to support TW and the Club’s methods when they don’t deserve supporting.  Instead, I’d rather challenge them.

People say the state of the list and all its inherited problems are an issue, or ‘the’ issue.  You can accept that to some degree, but at times you just have to wonder if our results are simply the fault of the list, and I don’t reckon they are entirely.

If they are then what are we supposed to do until this perfect world arrives and our list is ideal?  Maybe we should just go and tend the garden and forget about footy for a while, contemplate our navels, take up needle point, or just take a trip around the world?  Unless you’re a glutton for punishment, why would you bother going to games if you already know to expect nothing much for some time to come yet?  But people go anyway, just in hope, if nothing else.

And so they should have hope.  After all, where’s the evidence to say that you can’t see any sort of results until the perfect world arrives?  If the coach’s faith is placed where it should be, in his players, rather than in the system, then the human spirit is only limited by belief.  At RFC they’ve mastered the art of illusion, and if they spent as much time on their players, as they do appeasing supporters, maybe we’d have something resembling a team, sooner rather than when the ‘premiership clock’ says we should have.

But the only people they are deluding now is themselves, because all this approach has served to do is eliminate the capacity for what the human spirit is capable of and replaced it with rhyme and reason.  There is always an explanation, an excuse and a reason for any and all situations.  No more does the human element play a part at RFC.  It all comes down to logic, stats, facts, figures, reasons why it is not and why it is so.

For as long as their faith is placed in systems, processes and reason, rather than people, then the possibility for anything else to occur is nigh on impossible.

One then has to ask what is the purpose of professional sport, if it is not to inspire people; not with the expected, but with unexpected amazing feats, endeavours and human ingenuity and spirit?  They are probably kidding themselves that they have people fooled, but they are the only real fools here, because they continue to fail, as a Club, to get the best out of players.  And instead of directing their energies in the areas that need it most, they prefer to use their energies to deflect, divert attention and relieve the pressure whenever failure occurs.

What they say may make a whole lot of sense, but seriously, where is the balance and where in this oh so logical and reasoned place is the potential for anything other than what is logical to occur?  What of the human element and the ability of humans to inspire through commitment, belief, determination, and shear will?  Where is there room for any of that to occur, under the current circumstances and way of doing things?

Nowhere I say, but what choice is there other than to wait patiently until our ideal list materialises.  Guess that is when we will start to see some coaching happen?  Nope, nothing happening here for a while folks, probably 2011 I reckon.

Clearly, the faith at RFC is misplaced.  It’s not where it should be.  It’s in deflecting, diverting attention, systems, processes, the list; managing the list, getting the list to the right number of games and in the right age brackets, blah, blah, blah.  We heard it the first time and understood, but when does achieving unexpected results, through coaching, come into things, like at other Clubs?  They’re trying to tell us it’s not possible, even though it happens at other Clubs.

Added to that are the continual excuses and distancing from any responsibility when it comes to poor performances, which are a bit rich.  The press conferences after games are a real eye opener, especially as TW seems to think that just by putting the onus on his players to perform that it will magically make them play better the next time or something.  Got me beat how it hasn’t worked so far.  There’s nothing like knowing your players and how to build their confidence and create a united team front.  Nothing at all.

Very disappointing stuff from you TS, I thought you were a good supporter of this club.
Nah, just the same as everyone else on here, have a whinge for the sake of whinging.
Yep, the list problems, the getting the players from the right age group etc etc etc etc as you moan about here still exists.  How do you suggest we get to your utopia world without the plan we have place at the moment.
You can't do it without it taking time.
But you go on and have your little sook like the rest of the people on here, offer nothing while you're blaming TW for everything including the drought  ::)
Completely dismiss history and expect one man to rewrite it in a heart beat.
And to do it by making no mistakes along the way.
And spare us your thoughts on human spirit and all that other garbage you crap on about, it's just fairytales. 

Ramps

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2007, 06:06:48 AM »
its mistakes like giving away a very good pick for McMahon when we could have kept it and offered something substantially lesser that makes the supporters disappointed Moi.

Moi

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2007, 06:13:42 AM »
its mistakes like giving away a very good pick for McMahon when we could have kept it and offered something substantially lesser that makes the supporters disappointed Moi.
How can you make a judgement like that?
How do you know the player we might have picked up would be any better.
And if the draft is only 20 deep, what precisely have we really missed out on.
Is it just having picks for picks sake, to live in hope, or is to use them where deemed appropriate.
TW will live or die by these decisions, but he's the only one who has set down a plan - boring to some I know - but it's far better to someone like me who hated the club moving forward reacting to what supporters thought.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »
How can you make a judgement like that?
How do you know the player we might have picked up would be any better.
Correct, Moi :thumbsup
Going by the number of 1st rd draft picks delisted this year, it indicates that it is likely that McMahon will prove to be a better bet.

richmondrules

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

What's done is done and it has not been proved to be a mistake as yet no matter what anyone may suspect. Not a lot you or I can do about it now anyway. Time to get on with the important job of supporting which is where the noun "supporter" comes from. It is after all why we are all here.

Passionfruit

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »
McMahon isnt worth $1,000,000 for 3 years and is greatly overated.
Another lightweight who is too easily brushed aside.
Opposition sides will play a taller forward in F 50 and thus you will see Jordon sitting on the bench for long periods.
Is extremely deficent overhead which is real problem with players who play in D 50.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »
McMahon isnt worth $1,000,000 for 3 years and is greatly overated.
Another lightweight who is too easily brushed aside.
Opposition sides will play a taller forward in F 50 and thus you will see Jordon sitting on the bench for long periods.
Is extremely deficent overhead which is real problem with players who play in D 50.

Why are you bagging McMahon before he's even played a game for us?? I actually rate him and I think he will fill a void for us in the back line sweeping role. As far as your get brushed aside comment goes....Geezus!! Not every player has to be a friggin Micky Conlon!! :banghead :banghead McMahon is a speedy agile player with good disposal skills which compliments players like Polak, Thirsty & McGuane. You don't have to match every player for height as long as there is good defensive pressure. Every team more often than not will play at least 1-2 small forwards in a game. McMahon has not been employed as a KPP!  So get off his case and let him play a couple of games for us before you start trashing him.

If he goes well for us, you will all be eating your words. If he doesn't perform??? Well at least I have a clear conscience in the fact that I have at least provided support and welcomed a new player to our club as all good SUPPORTERS should do. You bagged Polak from day one saying that you had inside info from Freo that he was no good and he would spend the majority of the time at Coburg.  ::) 

As for the cash....I couldn't give a fat frogs fanny what he's being payed as long as it fits in our player budget.

Passionfruit

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2007, 08:59:09 AM »
Jury still out on Polak, one better than average year dont make a career, its not that he won the B&F with the bottom team, did he ::)Dogs supporters were glad to see the back of lighweight Jordon.
I dont rate him or guys like  Ray for that matter

by the way, we have Raines and King too play on smalls. throw in Jackson and White

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »
Jury still out on Polak, one better than average year dont make a career, its not that he won the B&F with the bottom team, did he ::)Dogs supporters were glad to see the back of lighweight Jordon.
I dont rate him or guys like  Ray for that matter

by the way, we have Raines and King too play on smalls. throw in Jackson and White

jury is out? thats funny.

At the start of the year he was not even play a game and he was going to a coburg player that no other club would want. Now the jury is out...mmmmmmmmmmmmm ::)

lets see 23 yr old 194cm can mark and quick and courageous, played every game and with a better training base and pre-season will play chb, chf and pinch hit in the ruck.
He is basically our most important player...structurally. But as is the jackstar way, dont let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Question

Have you kept your job at the bummers?

Passionfruit

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
You amaze Blaisee , always making person attacks at me, get over it mate.
I see Polak as a player who played well when he didnt have an opponent when he played loose man back ( actually played that role for several weeks). Thought he dropped away towards the end.
Lets see this year when the honeymoon period is over and he is made accountable..
Am working for a club next year, leave it at that

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2007, 10:25:05 AM »
u guys crack me up with your crap and personal attacks.

it seems some of you just love the old TW and thats fine, however there are some including myself who view his choices since he started at PUNT road as pathetic and not worth a cent.

For me its his choice of picking up kingsley and other duds. i would rather us fail with a youngster than pick him up or mcmahon to be honest. he is a lightweight and one of our BIGGEST problems is that area.

i watch us get brushed aside by the likes of barry hall(one game this year) and other big forwards and what do we do. Pick up lightweart mcmahon. give me a break please...
wallace just like he brought in bowden decides to bring this bloke in.

whose next jose romero back out of retirement!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »
u guys crack me up with your crap and personal attacks.

:lol

I actually liked the stuff about "supporters". Refreshing.