Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238606 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: June 07, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »
Why hasn't Petrie and Harvey retired

Because they can count on minimum of one and maximum of two good games for the year

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1381 on: June 08, 2014, 08:18:16 AM »
Rance did one shocking kick sure but it's been unfairly singled out IMO. Plenty have kicked howlers without the scrutiny. Alex's kicking is pretty reliable overall these days.

tony_montana

« Reply #1382 on: June 08, 2014, 10:30:48 AM »
Rance did one shocking kick sure but it's been unfairly singled out IMO. Plenty have kicked howlers without the scrutiny. Alex's kicking is pretty reliable overall these days.

In todays day and age slogans and catchcry's are the buzz over substance and truth. Its much easier for commentators to gleefully mention a RANCE MOMENT rather than spend extra time expaining that his kicking is generally pretty good.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1383 on: June 08, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
That bad kick from Rance was a rushed, shanked, kick on his wrong foot
Prefer to see that than him turn back into traffic to get onto his preferred foot.

The option was on as he had man in the other pocket free.

All the while he is copping flack for that, the players who made the most infuriating schoolboy mistake of kicking under pressure from the back pocket into the centre corridor dont get a mention.

Stuff me that is a cardinal sin, it is the most dangerous and most stupid kick you make in a game of football and i couldn't believe that I saw it 3 or 4 times in one game.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1384 on: June 08, 2014, 12:05:58 PM »
That bad kick from Rance was a rushed, shanked, kick on his wrong foot
Prefer to see that than him turn back into traffic to get onto his preferred foot.

The option was on as he had man in the other pocket free.

All the while he is copping flack for that, the players who made the most infuriating schoolboy mistake of kicking under pressure from the back pocket into the centre corridor dont get a mention.

Stuff me that is a cardinal sin, it is the most dangerous and most stupid kick you make in a game of football and i couldn't believe that I saw it 3 or 4 times in one game.

:thumbsup great call Al.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1385 on: June 21, 2014, 04:53:14 AM »
Late mistake ruins Rance's good night

Tigers defender Alex Rance was on track to take the points against Lance Franklin for the third straight time, but his hard work was undone in the fourth quarter when he gave away a free kick and handed 'Buddy' the goal that gave the Swans the breathing room they needed. Rance, who had held Franklin to one goal in each of his past two matches against the Tigers, performed well for three quarters, with Franklin's two goals to that point coming from set shots beyond 50m. There were a number of one-on-one contests that Rance clearly won, but Franklin was eventually the match-winner with two final-quarter goals to finish with four on a low-scoring night. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-20/five-talking-points-richmond-v-sydney-swans

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: June 21, 2014, 07:42:58 AM »
Rance was epic on Buddy last night. Is becoming elite as a defender
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: June 21, 2014, 09:10:35 AM »
He was fantastic and I would say he has been elite for some time :clapping

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1388 on: June 21, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »
Late mistake ruins Rance's good night

Tigers defender Alex Rance was on track to take the points against Lance Franklin for the third straight time, but his hard work was undone in the fourth quarter when he gave away a free kick and handed 'Buddy' the goal that gave the Swans the breathing room they needed. Rance, who had held Franklin to one goal in each of his past two matches against the Tigers, performed well for three quarters, with Franklin's two goals to that point coming from set shots beyond 50m. There were a number of one-on-one contests that Rance clearly won, but Franklin was eventually the match-winner with two final-quarter goals to finish with four on a low-scoring night. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-20/five-talking-points-richmond-v-sydney-swans

WTF who writes poo like this. Rance killed him for 3 quarters. 3 out of 4 l know who the winner is. Rance

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1389 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »

Agree. Especially a good matchup for Bud because he's not a great aerialist.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1390 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:46 PM »

Agree. Especially a good matchup for Bud because he's not a great aerialist.

He's been getting better overhead

Rance is a gun

It's a shame to be some players manic ie. rance

Ande others cruising. Chaplin. Grigg houli etc

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1391 on: June 21, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
Alex was stuffen AA last night.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1392 on: June 21, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
I loved that passage where he beat Franklin in a 1 on 1 then proceeded to run through Goodes. It's these "Rance moments" which the media need to give him credit for.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1393 on: June 21, 2014, 06:13:50 PM »
The leader emerges.......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1394 on: June 21, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »
Outplayed Buddy big time, lucky Buddy was kicking well otherwise he would have been well and truly pantsed