Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238605 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
Almost knocked out goodes whilst rance has the ball

Awesome

tony_montana

« Reply #1396 on: June 21, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »
I loved that passage where he beat Franklin in a 1 on 1 then proceeded to run through Goodes. It's these "Rance moments" which the media need to give him credit for.

Just about the only key defender that can match franklin for agility, speed and athleticism. He was putting distance on buddy when he ran straight through Goodes, hs some serious wheels

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1397 on: June 21, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
I've been calling him one of best young defenders in the game for  a while now, rancer should be first Backman pencilled for AA  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1398 on: June 21, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »
I loved that passage where he beat Franklin in a 1 on 1 then proceeded to run through Goodes. It's these "Rance moments" which the media need to give him credit for.

Just about the only key defender that can match franklin for agility, speed and athleticism. He was putting distance on buddy when he ran straight through Goodes, hs some serious wheels

Has done so with Buddy for a hird year straight. Last two with Hawthorn we slammed the Hawks in contested footy and any opening they got Rance was alert to the danger and used his strength and agility to nullify him. Given how poor we have been in contested footy this year and how the Swans go about it makes last nights effort on Buddy better than the previous years efforts. Well done Alex Rance. :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #1399 on: June 21, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »
as probably rances biggest critic on here if not his only critic im more than happy to acknowledge when he has a great night. once again he showed hes a great match up for for a great player,and had a very good night overall.
still buddy did his job as well kicking 4 goals against an opponent who matches up on him as well as anyone.

regardless of the debate about what rance does well and what types he should match up on im still adamant the club has to go out and find a big bodied kpd. in fact id like another two on the list.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1400 on: June 21, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »
Rances biggest critic and tom lees biggest fan, enough said isn't it  :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1401 on: June 21, 2014, 08:31:35 PM »
I think Astbury showed this year he can be one of those gorillas Clawski. I'm actually not that worried about our backline long term. At least not compared to our forward line anyway.

the claw

« Reply #1402 on: June 21, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
Rances biggest critic and tom lees biggest fan, enough said isn't it  :lol
you know given the exact same circumstances again id still say give tom lee a chance as a rookie. thats where i wanted us to take him.  stkilda saw enough to take him with a pick in the 20s 12 months later.
here you had a 21 yo who tore the wafl apart with consistent high performances. he did everythjing right  to deserve another crack at afl footy.  none of our younger tall players had have  done consistently at state level what tom lee did for two seasons on the trot. given those performances in the same circumstances i would not hesitate to put his name up for a rookie spot.

oh  yes im highly critical of a couple areas of rances game and i will remain critical until those areas actually improve.
 unlike some (who now have no credability left what so ever)  yes bo im looking at you,   i dont have rose coloured glasses on when it comes to every single player and every single  thing about richmond.  i hate to break it to ya bo but alex has weaknesses in his game they have always been there and they likely always will be. you know smart clubs have  and smart players learn to play to their strengths. id say rance on franklin allows alex to play to his own strengths.

id say ive been more than justified with my stance on these things the last 2 or 3 yrs when you look at what has transpired. in fact when dealing with posts like yours above  i could really just come on here and say i told you so ad nauseum. thing is i dont.
a question ddid alex stop and beat a great marking player. whats that i hear no. he beat a player with the exact same strengths rance has. a player with similar limitations in areas and like rance he cops criticism for them.
im not interested in point scoring unlike yourself. i want to debate what is wrong and why we cant drag this club out of the onfield mire.

give me a big strong f/b ben rutten type, give me a big  agile hard running super fit  strong aerialist like ben reid at chb  and give me every day a tall running defender whos accountable like rance as the third one up every time. what we argue about here is not if he rance can play but the role he should play. his attributes dictate that hes very good in some ares  and not so good in others why is that so hard to admit.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1403 on: June 21, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
Claw can you name a player without flaws in their game?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1404 on: June 22, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
Well said. I've made the same comment previously.
Everybody has flaws in their game. Even GA junior probably has a defensive side that could be improved!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: June 22, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »

Of course he can, he has mentioned him every now and then; a ruckman from WA that didn't play professional but he was commonly known not to have any flaws

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1406 on: June 22, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »
To criticise Alex Rance is to be stuck in the woods desperately waiting for a helicopter to winch him up to seeing the entire forest
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

the claw

« Reply #1407 on: June 22, 2014, 01:47:16 PM »
as probably rances biggest critic on here if not his only critic im more than happy to acknowledge when he has a great night. once again he showed hes a great match up for for a great player,and had a very good night overall.
still buddy did his job as well kicking 4 goals against an opponent who matches up on him as well as anyone.

regardless of the debate about what rance does well and what types he should match up on im still adamant the club has to go out and find a big bodied kpd. in fact id like another two on the list.
this time around it started with this . i dont see any criticism of his game against franklin.

if you blokes think rances game is complete and he doesnt deserve any sort of critique at all thats fine by  me stick your heads in the sand. im happy to stand by what ive said.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: June 28, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
Rance continues his great form, he is the gun full back of the comp :clapping

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1409 on: June 28, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
Is he a fb?

Is nick road ff?