Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211928 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1785 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:21 PM »
What would happen if Rance needed surgery, considering he is a JW and all?

He would not be able to receive any blood or blood products if necessary due to large blood loss.

However he can donate blood to himself and have it kept in storage if he wants to.

JW's can eat or use the flesh from any animal however they cannot take the blood.

He'd have banked some of his own.
Doesn't work that way. Once it has left their body they can't have it back.

It does work that way. I give people blood transfusions frequently and I care for JW's relatively often and I've seen a handful actually need/refuse blood transfusions.

One of them also gave me a DVD to help me understand their stance on the matter.
Not quite correct. I have lectured on the subject and looked after many JWs in my life. Strict JWs do not accept blood that is their own once it has left their body. Their blood must be in a continuous circuit with their body.
Of course I have also come across many types of JWs who accept all sorts of things, but strictly speaking, I am correct.

What makes you correct? Do you know how strict of a JW Rance is?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1786 on: July 09, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
Bingo

I don't buy it either
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1787 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »

He would not be able to receive any blood or blood products if necessary due to large blood loss.

However he can donate blood to himself and have it kept in storage if he wants to.

JW's can eat or use the flesh from any animal however they cannot take the blood.

It does work that way. I give people blood transfusions frequently and I care for JW's relatively often and I've seen a handful actually need/refuse blood transfusions.

One of them also gave me a DVD to help me understand their stance on the matter.
Not quite correct. I have lectured on the subject and looked after many JWs in my life. Strict JWs do not accept blood that is their own once it has left their body. Their blood must be in a continuous circuit with their body.
Of course I have also come across many types of JWs who accept all sorts of things, but strictly speaking, I am correct.

I am correct when I say the faith actually opposes receiving their own blood once it has left their body unless it is in a continuous circuit. I have to deal with this all the time so I think I should know!!!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1788 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »

I am correct when I say the faith actually opposes receiving their own blood once it has left their body unless it is in a continuous circuit. I have to deal with this all the time so I think I should know!!!

But isn't that like saying Christians are not sposed to sex before marriage? And yet its been known to happen

Are u an jw expert?

Are u sure there are not different levels of it? ' '

If arance married a jw women and they had a girl and five year later she was going to die unless she got blood - u r saying 100% he would let her die? Big call
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1789 on: July 09, 2015, 10:27:32 AM »

But isn't that like saying Christians are not sposed to sex before marriage? And yet its been known to happen

Are u an jw expert?

If arance married a jw women and they had a girl and five year later she was going to die unless she got blood - u r saying 100% he would let her die? Big call
I'm not saying that at all. I don't know how strict Rance is. I don't know what individuals would do. I am saying what their faith generally agrees to or opposes.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1790 on: July 09, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »

Are u an jw expert?

I'm not saying that at all. I don't know how strict Rance is. I don't know what individuals would do. I am saying what their faith generally agrees to or opposes.

I don't know so I'm interested

I know Muslims are not supposed to suicide bomb but that still happens

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1791 on: July 09, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »
Not the case YBB

'In addition to this, Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Blibical understanding does not absolutely prohibit the following so an individual must decide personally according to their own conscience whether they will accept:
• Small blood fractions such as immunoglobulins, haemophiliac preparations, albumin, cryoprecipate, SPPS.
• The following surgical techniques on the condition that there is a continuous extra-coporeal circuit: Haemodilation, Heart-lung dialysis, intra and post-operative blood salvage and reinfusion, and renal dialysis.
• There are also a number of IV fluids that are acceptable for use with Jehovah's witnesses patients.(See Attachment B)'

http://publicadvocate.vic.gov.au/file/file/PracticeGuidelines/PG07_Jehovahs_Witnesses_and_Blood_Transfusions_09.pdf

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1792 on: July 09, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
As you can see, JW's can accept some blood products as they see fit, and accepting their own blood once it has been removed from the body is acceptable in many cases such as dialysis, salvage etc.

Strictly not a dichotomy here.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1793 on: July 09, 2015, 01:47:27 PM »

We are discussing Rance here, no one cares about your work despite your attempts to bring it up at every opportunity.

As you can see, JW's can accept some blood products as they see fit, and accepting their own blood once it has been removed from the body is acceptable in many cases such as dialysis, salvage etc.

Yeah but that's only some blood products. Whole blood is a different story

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1794 on: July 09, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »
I've grown tired of the semantics of whether Rance will take blood or not. All I care about is that he bleeds yellow and black and busts his gut for us week in week out

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1795 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:28 PM »
The JW's I've met said they're allowed to have yellow & black blood transfusions, it's just red blood transfusions that are forbidden.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1796 on: July 09, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
I've grown tired of the semantics of whether Rance will take blood or not. All I care about is that he bleeds yellow and black and busts his gut for us week in week out

Just cross ya fingers if he cope an injury

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1797 on: July 09, 2015, 03:22:57 PM »
If he wins any media awards is he allowed to accept if the prize is a Plasma TV?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1798 on: July 09, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
Not the case YBB

'In addition to this, Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Blibical understanding does not absolutely prohibit the following so an individual must decide personally according to their own conscience whether they will accept:
• Small blood fractions such as immunoglobulins, haemophiliac preparations, albumin, cryoprecipate, SPPS.
The following surgical techniques on the condition that there is a continuous extra-coporeal circuit: Haemodilation, Heart-lung dialysis, intra and post-operative blood salvage and reinfusion, and renal dialysis.
• There are also a number of IV fluids that are acceptable for use with Jehovah's witnesses patients.(See Attachment B)'

http://publicadvocate.vic.gov.au/file/file/PracticeGuidelines/PG07_Jehovahs_Witnesses_and_Blood_Transfusions_09.pdf

Just as I thought i stated. Their blood is ok as long as it is in a continuous circuit!!!!

dwaino

« Reply #1799 on: July 10, 2015, 10:51:26 PM »
I love this guy.