Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211820 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1815 on: July 14, 2015, 10:11:43 PM »
He certainly is Ollie  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1816 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:20 PM »
Did anyone see how he was hurting us in offence in the first? Maybe I was just in awe and didn't realise it but apparently Dimma did

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1817 on: July 14, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
I vaguely remember he took the wrong option in the first on a hbf in the outer. He may have gone wide instead of inboard. Apart from that one of the most attacking FB games I have seen. The risks he takes are enormous but they seem to pay off nearly every time, I could forgive Rance for many more errors than he makes, which isn't many. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1818 on: July 16, 2015, 03:01:54 AM »
Rance on 3aw...

AUDIO: https://audioboom.com/boos/3368349-alex-rance-on-3aw-in-the-rooms-post-rd-15

* I talk to a lot of the younger, more developing players like Batch and Grimesy about how you’ve got to have something which makes you feel good about your game/ Early days, it was just spoiling those contests and I felt good about that.  But then it wasn’t enough, I wanted more.  I felt like I needed to win those contests. So you’ve got to start from what is your strength.  If it’s a Bachar Houli, you’re running off getting handball receives.  You’ve got to have something that makes you feel good about yourself and feel good about your game.

* I knew that I could push weights in the gym but I couldn’t really translate that out onto the field. It’s pretty well publicised that former Richmond assistant coach Justin Leppitsch taught me a few things - towards my footwork and technique stuff with my hands in a contest that I could translate power from my legs into another person and shift them out of the drop zone.  Identifying the drop zone and then having that patience, once you’re in the contest, not to be frazzled and just swing wildly at it.  But yeah, I’m in control here. Shift him a few metres there, I’ve got the drop zone, away we go.

* Then, I still enjoyed going to the gym but I could find I could get enjoyment playing out there and starting to push a few blokes around. Now I’m starting to get enjoyment of reading the ball a bit better, obviously with the help of some "dirty" balls coming from the midfield and just building that game. But you definitely can’t put the ball before the cart. If I tried to intercept the ball and run off early days, it would have come very unstuck for me.

* I still never really feel like I am the top of the tree.  Every game I go into feeling nervous. And it’s funny, come Thursday I still look at the text that comes out from Dimma - who’s in and who’s out - because I still within myself feel like I’ve still got to earn my spot.

* There’s always more room to improve. My decision-making is vastly improved from when I first started.  Because I do take those intercept possessions, it’s a matter of knowing when to go quick and knowing when the bubbles so dense. Making the most of those intercept possessions. That’s something that I really look at and scrutinise hard now with our defensive coaches - to know when to go quick and around the bubble or when just to take your time and let the bubble disperse.

Full article" http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-07-15/rance-reveals-secret-of-his-success

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1819 on: July 16, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
Thank you Leppitsch for helping Rance evolve into the beast of a defender he is today.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1820 on: July 16, 2015, 02:20:59 PM »
Should get him back as an assistant after Brisbane sacks him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1821 on: July 17, 2015, 09:09:24 PM »
Richmond's Alex Rance has been the most reliable kick in the competition, hitting targets 12.2% above the expected rate, based on the difficulty of his kicks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-17/the-inquirer-hard-facts-and-quirky-outcomes

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1822 on: July 18, 2015, 01:06:51 AM »
Rance is an average footballer with terrible kicking skills and gets caught with the ball to often to be not called slow minded. If any club was bumb enough to offer an early pick we would be MAD not to take it. We picked him up at pick 18 and in the two years he has been at the club he has shown not much really. In fact he was dropped from our very, very average side toward the end of the year. And he played better under TW coaching than Jade's.
He is a half back flanker/back pocket at best

:clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1823 on: July 18, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »
Wow  :gobdrop
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1824 on: July 18, 2015, 10:31:38 AM »
We are all entitled to one huge bad call on OER. I think big tone has made his!  ;)
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1825 on: July 18, 2015, 12:39:44 PM »
just to put some perspective on it.

Batchelor is mediocre at best but Dea is just a nothing footballer.
Wasn't you that didn't rate Rance either? You don't rate Jack either do you?

Yeah was a big critic of Rance about three years when he was a dumb panicky turnover merchant who couldn't keep his feet and regularly got slaughtered by power forwards  - so were a lot of people - and have always rated Jack. What's Dea done - do you watch much of our  VFL side when they're not on TV or the internet?
See that's the difference, i can see something in a player before they are actually dominating. 

So, sure rance had some bad deficiencies early on, but worked through them and improved. Many of us could see them, but only some went the whole hog and wrote him off.

What this shows is that it easy to go early on a player, and then even easier to make out otherwise.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1826 on: July 18, 2015, 01:09:51 PM »
Big tone is by no means alone.

This was where most of the sustained  vitriol was coming from:-

Typical Richond, the supporters fall in love with yet another dud,He aint up to it, get an extra pick in the draft please

Dont care what anyone says on here, he isnt up too it.

good footballer is Alex :chuck
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:31:36 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Jonah Vark

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1827 on: July 18, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »
Yes but unlike Mr. Big Tone, Mr. Jackstar isn't now claiming that he always saw something in him.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1828 on: July 18, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »
Yes.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1829 on: July 18, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »
Not picking on BT

Just read this:

Richmond's Alex Rance has been the most reliable kick in the competition, hitting targets 12.2% above the expected rate, based on the difficulty of his kicks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-17/the-inquirer-hard-facts-and-quirky-outcomes

And thought gee we come a long way

Picked comment at random, page ten
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus