Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211931 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1800 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »
Rance is a god.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1801 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
I like rance but I but love him.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1802 on: July 10, 2015, 11:06:49 PM »
A brick wall in the first half. Every week, he just prevents so many goals going against us.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1803 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »
Will convert from heathenism
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #1804 on: July 10, 2015, 11:10:52 PM »
Heaps better than SOS, glen jackovich etc...

IMHO - if you were starting a new club to tomorrow and got a player to build around you'd be bonkers to take fyfe over rance...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance shows why he’s league’s best (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1805 on: July 11, 2015, 03:18:28 AM »
Alex Rance was at his best against Carlton, showing why he’s one of the league’s best defenders

Sam Edmund
Herald-Sun
July 11, 2015

WHEN Alex Rance last month decided against a footy-free life of backpacking and religious devotion, we can only imagine the collective groan from the AFL’s elite forwards.

On Friday night at the MCG it was Lachie Henderson who was made to look inept by the competition’s premier defender.

Henderson, Carlton’s go-to forward, was moved to a wing in the last quarter of the Blues’ 30-point loss in a desperate attempt just to get him involved.

Because he couldn’t touch it beside Rance, who was simply supreme. The Tiger defender not only mauled Henderson in the one-on-one’s, but then rubbed his face in it by surging back the other way with the ball in hand.

On a night where both sides found new and comical ways to butcher forward entries, Rance was a picture of polish and assurity.

At half-time, Rance was the leading possession winner on the ground with 18, which included a team-high seven contested possessions and two contested grabs.

Richmond’s full-back wasn’t just a rock in defence, he thought he’d add ‘ball magnet’ to his skill set.

With every Rance act of domination you could see the dollars falling off Henderson’s contract.

If Rance just signed a lucrative four-year deal, this performance won’t exactly fatten the bottom line of Henderson’s.

Yet for three quarters Carlton directed the lion’s share of their forward entries to him, even when the impressive Matthew Kreuzer was lurking inside 50m with Jake Batchelor as an opponent. Henderson’s solitary goal came after his solitary contested mark — in a mismatch on Kamdyn McIntosh.

To be fair to Lachie, Carlton couldn’t hit the side of a barn. There were missed kicks, missed handballs, fumbles, bumbles and every other dysfunctional mistake you could imagine in four quarters that returned just five goals.

Eight minutes into the third quarter, the Blues’ kicking efficiency was as low as 38 per cent. They could only convert one of their first six set shots at goal, with Jason Tutt missing from 35m directly in front.

Rance, meanwhile, operated at 90 per cent efficiency, and his influence only started to wane when his teammates up the ground started to gain a foothold in the contest.

There was a time not so long ago when if Trent Cotchin had a bad first quarter he had a bad game.

But the Tiger captain is a more resolute proposition now.

Cotchin was held to one handball at quarter-time by Andrew Carrazzo, but hit back with vengeance in a second term that saw him gather 10 touches and a goal. He finished with 23.

Brett Deledio was also a class act in a clanger-fest, clean above his head and below his knees in dangerous areas.

http://www.news.com.au/national/alex-rance-was-at-his-best-against-carlton-showing-why-hes-one-of-the-leagues-best-defenders/story-e6frfkp9-1227437563132

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1806 on: July 11, 2015, 06:03:27 AM »
The best defender at Richmond since St Francis
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1807 on: July 11, 2015, 07:03:00 AM »
Stuffing general  :bow
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1808 on: July 11, 2015, 07:16:50 AM »
Please close this thread, coat it in gold, frame it and put it in a shrine. There is nothing more to say about this player. AMAZING, FANTASTIC. It just goes on, God can he get any better!!!!!

:bow :bow :bow :clapping :clapping :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1809 on: July 11, 2015, 12:05:21 PM »
I like rance but I but love him.
LMAO
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1810 on: July 11, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
I wonder how many goals Rance would kick in a match if we plonked him at full forward?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1811 on: July 11, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »
not as many as he prevents when down back.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1812 on: July 14, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
Tross makes the AFL website's Team of the Week again ...

ALEX RANCE (Richmond) - Was best on ground on Friday night, towelling up Lachie Henderson in the first half with 18 possessions and eight marks. Henderson, meanwhile, had just three touches before moving into defence in the second half.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-14/team-of-the-week-round-15

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1813 on: July 14, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »
The best defender at Richmond since St Francis
Concur , I was actually saying on the weekend he plays like the great man, taking marks in the hole, unstoppable one on one and fearless in attack , long may it continue  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1814 on: July 14, 2015, 10:07:05 PM »
What a great footballer he has become. Who would think you could have such an exciting player at full back! He has nailed all aspects of his game this year. Great to watch.