Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239647 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #630 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »
I think defensively we are in a hole. More pressure on him and the ball is coming in more quickly and direct in the opposition forward line.

12-6 Freo.
12-2 GWS
17-4 Adel

Alot of corridor scores we are giving away putting pressure on the backs. Burden falls on Rance because he played on Pavlich, Cameron and Walker. UNfortunantely his smaller size as a KPP is being exposed. We need a monster like Merrett or a Glass type who can negate these fwd types.

Surely Foley's absence can't be a coincidence and the lesser midfield pressure. :-\

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #631 on: July 01, 2012, 02:35:03 AM »
The first 10 or so rounds Rance was on song (people talking AA) but since then he's been well beaten by his direct forward .... Pav, Cameron and now Walker today. Is he carrying some niggle or something (?) as he's terribly lost form. He's losing contact with his opponent all to readily and is just being too slow to react and is being caught out of position which sees him lose his feet at times.

Its not just rance mate

Look at how teams mark jack.

The team needs to support the bloke playing on the other sides best forward. Our team work is quite rubbish.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: July 01, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »
Agree need to help out teamates more

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »
just has been going to ground too easily of late, and he is getting a few mates following this trend.
I also feel he worries too much about his man at times rather than just backing himself to get a fist to the ball.
I think defensively we are in a hole. More pressure on him and the ball is coming in more quickly and direct in the opposition forward line.

12-6 Freo.
12-2 GWS
17-4 Adel

Alot of corridor scores we are giving away putting pressure on the backs. Burden falls on Rance because he played on Pavlich, Cameron and Walker. UNfortunantely his smaller size as a KPP is being exposed. We need a monster like Merrett or a Glass type who can negate these fwd types.

Surely Foley's absence can't be a coincidence and the lesser midfield pressure. :-\

Hmmm, you could be onto something there tucker.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #634 on: July 01, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

12-6 Freo.
12-2 GWS
17-4 Adel

:clapping

Ruanaidh

« Reply #635 on: July 01, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »

12-6 Freo.
12-2 GWS
17-4 Adel

Tucker, I dont know why we would engineer a smaller loose man down back against a tall Adelaide forward line :huh. Grimesy should have been the 'loosey' in order to negate the prescence of their big blokes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #636 on: September 07, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »
Rance came second this year in the 'Reverse Coleman' -  most goals kicked on one player for the year.

GWS' Phil Davis had 52 goals kicked on him in 22 games, ahead of Richmond's Alex Rance (48 goals, 22 games) and Port Adelaide's Alipate Carlile (47, 20).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147092/default.aspx

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #637 on: September 07, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
The reverse coleman :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: September 07, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »
somehow, it doesn't sound as appealing as the reverse cowboy....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #639 on: September 07, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »
:lol

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: September 08, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »
Eddie McDire has shortened in the reverse kanga award for turning a club to custard from a seeming glorious era.
Sticks has also made a play after singing stand by your man to serenade Ratts with his fingers crossed behind his back
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

« Reply #641 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:45 AM »
rance is so overrated its not funny

he is only handy when grimes is there to help him

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #642 on: September 08, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »
gtfo
Lots of people name their swords......

the claw

« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »

Best thing in the article was the remider that Rance is still only 22 years old.

:cheers
the sad thing is after 5 yrs the falling over the poor judgement in the air the poor one on one contests remain a constant and have hardly improved one bit.

Gigantor

« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »
In my opinion Alex is in our top 2 or 3 in one on one contests.Gives away a lot of height to some of the powerhouse forwards in the AFL.Hence the probability of us drafting chaplin