Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239512 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Rance's Position
« Reply #735 on: January 21, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
CHB. Where he plays now, and plays damn well.
He's a much better/younger player than Chaplin. Put Rancey on the trade table and there would be plenty of interest, i reckon.

He's an arse CHB I reckon. My mate found it easy to lose him in traffic. Took 13 marks on him FFS ;D Play Rancer deep in the backline. Has great closing speed which is very handy when playing on the hitup forwards who play close to goal. Can't believe you have slagged Chappy, Slick. Disgraceful form mate

Coach Poodle. Great to hear from you, babes. CHB vs. FB is much of a muchness for me these days. More about the opponents they line up on. All KPDs get beaten sometimes. As you know well, Shulzy is a good player. I think Tross wins more than he loses, without a lot of help for the best part of last year. I wasnt slagging Chaps, I just really rate Tross. I'm not sure of your stance on either tho, thb. Havent been able to get on here much over summer so it's hard to keep up with your vendettas and sarcasm.  :laugh:

gerkin greg

« Reply #736 on: January 21, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
CHB. Where he plays now, and plays damn well.
He's a much better/younger player than Chaplin. Put Rancey on the trade table and there would be plenty of interest, i reckon.

He's an arse CHB I reckon. My mate found it easy to lose him in traffic. Took 13 marks on him FFS ;D Play Rancer deep in the backline. Has great closing speed which is very handy when playing on the hitup forwards who play close to goal. Can't believe you have slagged Chappy, Slick. Disgraceful form mate

Coach Poodle. Great to hear from you, babes. CHB vs. FB is much of a muchness for me these days. More about the opponents they line up on. All KPDs get beaten sometimes. As you know well, Shulzy is a good player. I think Tross wins more than he loses, without a lot of help for the best part of last year. I wasnt slagging Chaps, I just really rate Tross. I'm not sure of your stance on either tho, thb. Havent been able to get on here much over summer so it's hard to keep up with your vendettas and sarcasm.  :laugh:

He doesn't rate either and has been posting essays without punctuation on why the club should have got merrett and jake carlisle in every thread

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #737 on: January 21, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »
I don't even know who Jake Carlilse is :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #738 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »
 :lol me neither, another north melbong invisible man

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #739 on: January 22, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »
Our best backman currently. Will probably play CHB now that Chaplin will play on the monsters. His best position is closer to goal but has the leg speed to move the ball forward quickly. Not elite by foot but can get it out to space and players like Grigg, Morris etc in particular. He won't be moved out of the backline. If anyone out of the players mentioned need to Griffiths is the obvious choice to go forward.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #740 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »
Our best backman? Not a chance.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #741 on: January 22, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »
Good chance.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #742 on: January 22, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
I didn't agree with Dimma putting McG in the forward line as he was our best defender for a number of years.

But, reckon Grimsey has overtaken Rancer and is now our best defender. Steven Morro goes alright too.
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #743 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
Grimes wouldnt look half as good without rancher there helping.

Can't compare Morris. Apples and oranges.

McG has always been woeful. Can't be a defender. Liability. At least we he buggers up as a forward is isn't a direct goal.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #744 on: January 22, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »

McG has always been woeful. Can't be a defender. Liability. At least we he buggers up as a forward is isn't a direct goal.

Disagree. Took a fair few scalps in his time down back. Held it down like a fortress
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #745 on: January 22, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Coburg

Great Trolling Effort Here keep up the good work. One day you may be as good as the cucumber who is  an emerging talent of the troll express. ;D

You think I'm joking Ramps. I'm not. Rance may very well be the most over rated over hyped player in our side at the moment, he is probably our third best back if that. I'm not saying he can't get better, but he certainly isn't what people think he is at this minute.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #746 on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
Coburg

Great Trolling Effort Here keep up the good work. One day you may be as good as the cucumber who is  an emerging talent of the troll express. ;D

You think I'm joking Ramps. I'm not. Rance may very well be the most over rated over hyped player in our side at the moment, he is probably our third best back if that. I'm not saying he can't get better, but he certainly isn't what people think he is at this minute.

If Rance (and others) were as good as some of our posters think then we'd be sitting pretty in the top 4 at the moment.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #747 on: January 22, 2013, 03:42:41 PM »
If ranc was at Sydney or geelong. He would not look out of place.

He's not much behind Ted Richard , tom lonergan.

Grimes has been lucky the team is not as poor as when alexrance debut

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #748 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
I have watched a lot of replays of our 2012 games over the off season (yes - need a life my wife tells me) and Rance was rarely beaten and embarrassed a lot of forwards with his pace and strength. Grimes may overtake him but Rance does the hard work that allows Grimes the luxury on playing the weaker forward. Grimes' body is not reliable enough to make him a lock defender at present - he's more a developing/bonus type until he can prove otherwise.

Hopefully it will be Rance's turn to look even better with Chappy doing the hard body work on the monster forwards this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger Rance eyes the sky (afl site)
« Reply #749 on: February 20, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
Tiger Rance eyes the sky
By Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
7:14pm AEDT Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THE ONLY way is up for Richmond defender Alex Rance – and not just on the football field.

The 23-year-old backman is being taught to fly a light plane, along with teammate Dylan Grimes, by former North Melbourne and Geelong player Leigh Colbert.

Colbert, a qualified pilot who will soon relocate to Hong Kong to start a commercial pilot's role with Cathay Pacific, has been taking the pair of young Tigers in the sky for the past two months.

Rance loves it after initially dabbling with a carpentry apprenticeship.

"I loved the end process [of carpentry] but it wasn't as fun as flying around," Rance told AFL.com.au.

"It's very cool. Leigh has been a fantastic teacher and it's a nice rush.

"I don't think about footy or anything else when I'm flying. It's awesome."

Rance and Grimes try to dedicate at least one day a week to their new hobby, and make sure they're both on top of the theory required to get a light plane off the ground in their down time.

They fly for hour-long stints after renting a five-seat Cessna and are on par with one another with training and knowledge.

"Right now, it's mainly about getting the technical aspects down so it's about turning, keeping the plane level. We've done a few landings and that sort of stuff," Rance said.

"It's getting a little bit more intense now, taking off, landing, doing the calls."

Rance, who married partner Georgia in Cottesloe, Perth, on December 22 last year, isn't yet contemplating the end of his football career.

However, he does like to think he'll be ready to move into the airline industry once he gets there.

With a commercial pilot requiring around 200 hours of flying experience before being considered by an airline, he knows he will likely have to fly smaller planes in remote areas to get the necessary qualifications post-footy.

But Rance calls it a "three or four-year project" after his playing career is over and remains excited about the possibilities ahead.

"I love traveling and exploring, so I think that's one of the main selling points for me," he said.

"I'm just working on my private licence at the minute and then next year I'll probably work on my commercial and after that we'll see what happens.

"I love it and hopefully by the end of my footy career, I'll have some sort of licence to be able to earn some money from it."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-19/eye-on-the-sky