Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 239179 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Rancer
« Reply #795 on: March 30, 2013, 02:20:43 PM »
You can tell he's worked on his slipping over the summer.Is now an elite slipper.

Yeah moulded souled boots on wet and slippery turf can do that.
A few of our boys can relate to that from Thursday night.
As long as the boots look good though that's the main thing. ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #796 on: March 30, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
Regarding the bad Rance slip that cost us a goal - the main culprit in that play was Griffo who didn't protect his team mate at all.  He should have kept the Carlton player at bay and Rance would have still had ample time to recover, instead of peeling off to receive before Rance even had possession.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: March 30, 2013, 03:00:01 PM »
Regarding the bad Rance slip that cost us a goal - the main culprit in that play was Griffo who didn't protect his team mate at all.  He should have kept the Carlton player at bay and Rance would have still had ample time to recover, instead of peeling off to receive before Rance even had possession.

:clapping :clapping

Correct
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #798 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Casboult is better than Petrie. Did play really well last night did the prancer  :thumbsup

Been having too many coffees down Lygon St Coach?

;)

Anyone who towels up Casboult will be one of the best defenders in the comp. However, performances on players like Petrie & Schulzy do not matter.

umm howzabout buddy franklin :shh...i know you were hoping I wouldnt say that :lol

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Hawthorn lost to us by 11 goals last year but Franklin still had 20 and kicked 1.3 and played a big hand in some of their only goals for the day. Easily beat his opponent in the extremely wet conditions. The year before he kicked 5.2 from 22 disposals. Really not sure what you're on about here pal

Big Drew usually picks on poo teams but he raped Rancer last year. Murdered him really. Isolate Rance with a gun forward and he struggles. Rance can play but I disagree with anyone who rates him as one of the best in the game (Bojangleburg)
IMO Petrie is the one KPF Rance can't stop. And though we improved last year let's be honest if we barracked for someone else we'd have been calling Richmond a poo team last year so no surprise Petrie picke on us.  :lol

The day Petrie does something against a good team is the day Norf wins a final. Won't be holding my breathe because I may run out of air.  :lol

There's definitely more than one the prancer can't stop. Agreed on Petrie though

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #799 on: March 30, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »

Geez Griff even getting blamed for Rance slipping.  Rance was 25m in the clear. Griff had every right to spread and give an option

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #800 on: March 30, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »
IMO if you don't rate Rance it just shows you don't know much about the game... Simple
He was very good Thursday night with his spoiling, tackling and rebounding but all some nuffys want to bring up is a couple of times he lost his footing. Get a clue!
Even worse is when flogs bring up stupid stats from games from last year to try and prove their point. Laughable....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #801 on: March 30, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »
IMO if you don't rate Rance it just shows you don't know much about the game... Simple
He was very good Thursday night with his spoiling, tackling and rebounding but all some nuffys want to bring up is a couple of times he lost his footing. Get a clue!
Even worse is when flogs bring up stupid stats from games from last year to try and prove their point. Laughable....

I think it shows people don't have a clue when they try to twist words and fail to comprehend what has actually been written. You are one of those people. Perhaps you have a small brain.
I rate Rance. I think the others who talked about him slipping over would rate him as well. One of the best defenders in the AFL? I think not. If anyone thinks that "it just shows you don't know much about the game... Simple" ;)

Rance is a good player but he has been beaten easily in the past by very good forwards. Not his fault, he's just not as good as those players no matter what way you and Bojangles want to spin it. That's why we need Grimes back in the side to help out when we come up against good clubs. Rance improving? Yes. Rance a good player? Yes. Rance one of the best defenders in the game? Not on your stuffing life  :lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #802 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
Of course he s one of the best young defenders in the game , name one same age or younger that better, this will be good, im going for some popcorn :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #803 on: March 30, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Of course he s one of the best young defenders in the game , name one same age or younger that better, this will be good, im going for some popcorn :lol

Who said he wasn't one of the best young defenders in the game? He is. Earlier you said he was as good as Ben Rutten, Brian Lake, Darren Glass, Ted Richards etc which is nonsense. You didn't say anything about him being one of the best young defenders, you said should he should have been All-Australian and that he was one of the best defenders in the game. Young or not, you made those comments

Don't catch coward bro. Own up to your mistakes

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: March 30, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »

I think it shows people don't have a clue when they try to twist words and fail to comprehend what has actually been written. You are one of those people. Perhaps you have a small brain.
I rate Rance. I think the others who talked about him slipping over would rate him as well. One of the best defenders in the AFL? I think not. If anyone thinks that "it just shows you don't know much about the game... Simple" ;)

Rance is a good player but he has been beaten easily in the past by very good forwards. Not his fault, he's just not as good as those players no matter what way you and Bojangles want to spin it. That's why we need Grimes back in the side to help out when we come up against good clubs. Rance improving? Yes. Rance a good player? Yes. Rance one of the best defenders in the game? Not on your stuffing life  :lol
Twisting words? Is that your way of having a bit each way? Been reading your crap about Rance since last season so don't change your tunes now. Let's face it, you are wrong and your not big enough to admit it. I hope it's that, or maybe it's you with the small brain.  :thumbsup And just for the record, Rance was in the All Australian squad last year and was unlucky not to make it. Maybe the All Australian selectors, the RFC  and most on here don't know as much as the 'coach'    :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:01 PM »
The coach is omnipresent

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: March 30, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »

Who said he wasn't one of the best young defenders in the game? He is. Earlier you said he was as good as Ben Rutten, Brian Lake, Darren Glass, Ted Richards etc which is nonsense. You didn't say anything about him being one of the best young defenders, you said should he should have been All-Australian and that he was one of the best defenders in the game. Young or not, you made those comments

i didnt make any mistake h is one of the best defenders in the game and right now has most of those vets covered, seriously , you think lake is better than him :lol...heck while you re at it why not david dench or dunkley....get a grip coach you need to see the game more clearly he killed it thurs night

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #807 on: March 30, 2013, 10:09:06 PM »
Twisting words? Is that your way of having a bit each way? Been reading your crap about Rance since last season so don't change your tunes now. Let's face it, you are wrong and your not big enough to admit it. I hope it's that, or maybe it's you with the small brain.  :thumbsup

What do you mean by "having a bit each way"? I've said I think Rance is a good player. But I disagree with anyone who rates him as one of the best defenders in the game. What crap did I write last season? Oh, that's right. You took offense to me talking about how Petrie beat him with ease when they isolated him with Rance. Did you also have a cry when Schulz took 13 marks and kicked 4 on your favourite player? And as I said before, it's not Rancey's fault. He's just not as good as those players. He's punching above his weight when playing on the best forward of some clubs. Read last seasons player of the year voting to see if I have anything against Rance

And just for the record, Rance was in the All Australian squad last year

No, he wasn't. He wasn't in the 22 or the squad of 40. It annoys me when people make things up to suit their argument. Just stick to the facts.

Maybe the All Australian selectors, the RFC  and most on here don't know as much as the 'coach'

The AA selectors didn't select him so obviously they agree with my rating of him as a good player but not as good as Richards/Glass/Lake etc. The RFC? Well as far as I know they haven't talked him up as one of the best defenders in the comp so no problem there from me. And people on here? Well I don't know of many who rate him as high as you & BJ do. So what's the problem? I have criticised your man in the past and you have a problem with it? So what. I have said time and time again that he is a good player and will be a good 3rd tall for us. Not sure why there is such a problem when someone disagrees with the idea of a Richmond player being the next SOS because he's young & played some good footy.

I ain't wrong about anything. You can say I am wrong when Rance is an All-Australian B&F winner. But until then I maintain that he is a good player, nothing more. What is wrong with being good?

i didnt make any mistake h is one of the best defenders in the game and right now has most of those vets covered, seriously , you think lake is better than him :lol...heck while you re at it why not david dench or dunkley....get a grip coach you need to see the game more clearly he killed it thurs night

Lake killed it last year mate. Why do you think the runners up recruited him? I said he played really well on thursday.  :huh :huh :huh Some of us can have a realistic view on things you know.

hey hey whoa whoa

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #808 on: March 30, 2013, 10:12:33 PM »
Lake killed it, is that why they used him up forward or was it he who jack gave a bath.... :lol...he was dead set ordinary last year....haw recruited him on a wing and a prayer

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #809 on: March 30, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »
Barely kicked a goal last year and apparently he played forward. Ok Bojangles, you're right. Lake has never played a good game and Hawthorn recruited him because they have no idea. Ok

whoa hey hey