Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 204750 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 05:22:23 PM »
Rance interviewed on 3aw after the game in the rooms.

* Flattening to let the game slip through our fingers like that.

* Improvements from last week? Team spirit, enthusiasm and want to get the ball and want to help out teammates. Looking more about the team than the individual. It's about team spirit.

* How did you find the step up to AFL? Hardness and skill level a big step up. "I've got a lot of reflecting to do before next week. I know I've got a few areas to improve in."

* Rance has 4 inside 50s.

* Last year was a learning year. This year is my year and I know what it takes to be an AFL footballer.  I want to now work and stay in the side.

* What did Wallace say at half time. 8 goals is a great effort? Came back to team spirit. Winning Contested footy and getting our hands on the footy and quickly to our forwards who were lively.

* Perhaps it was tiredness but it's not good enough to let the game slip like that.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
A good debut against such quality opposition. He sounds like he has great belief in himself at this level which is good to hear.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 06:59:20 PM »
like how he goes about it, HARD and likes to dash...will be a very good player :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 07:03:44 PM »
is he more of a CHB or HBF ?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
Thought it was an excellent debut from the youngster, he is better at CHB running through the centre and up the ground. Great game Rance.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 07:50:11 PM »
I thought he looked right at home.
I think he loks better off CHB. An excellent game and a 10 year player for the club. Must not be dropped this season. This kid needs to further his confidence which he already has and play senior footy week in week out. He's a gem. :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »
Very good debut. Will become a 10 year player for us.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
this kid will be a winner. :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »
I thought he looked right at home.
I think he loks better off CHB. An excellent game and a 10 year player for the club. Must not be dropped this season. This kid needs to further his confidence which he already has and play senior footy week in week out. He's a gem. :thumbsup

agree

been asking for his inclusion for a while now and it finally came. He didnt dissapoint.

MUST NOT be dropped this season and MUST stay across HB. I expect Wallet to start moving him around all over the place very soon.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2009, 09:28:25 AM »

Agree. I thought Alex was very good, gave great run out of the back half but was also prepared to chase and do the little things ..eg. that massive spoil on the wing

Could we have actually got something right at the draft table  :rollin :rollin :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2009, 09:53:34 AM »
well done alex
imo i woul dlove to see rance play on a wing doing richos role when richo goes fwd or if richo ends up as a permanent fwd again. maybe once post makes the grade and gets a spot in defence rance would be imo a very hard match on a wing and could be a matchwinner for us there

Ramps

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »

Agree. I thought Alex was very good, gave great run out of the back half but was also prepared to chase and do the little things ..eg. that massive spoil on the wing

Could we have actually got something right at the draft table  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Yes we did, we got it 70% correct which in reality is a great result, we wasted the trade on McMahon, for if we had kept our pick we would have taken young selwood and my 70% would be an 85% result. Johnson showed once again that smaller/medium forwards kill us. And McMahon is deservedly in the twos.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2009, 12:35:58 PM »

Yes we did, we got it 70% correct which in reality is a great result, we wasted the trade on McMahon, for if we had kept our pick we would have taken young selwood and my 70% would be an 85% result. Johnson showed once again that smaller/medium forwards kill us. And McMahon is deservedly in the twos.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Relax I'm just taking the you know whatskees  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2009, 01:14:26 PM »
Blah Blah Blah  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
Maybe not this week but Rance would be a show for a Rising Star nomination if he repeats that performance in the coming weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd