Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies  (Read 9920 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Pies
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2008, 04:39:31 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

stripes he is a terrible coach mate. yes the senior players are for me the main cause of my disgust at our performance but geez mate bowden on medhurst and the way he dances around the real reason why we are average.

TW is not a good coach because he rewards failure. pathetic pettifer, bowden, tivendale should all be dropped.

i would rather get pumped with kids than see these players get us to within 50 points every week.

by the way anyone see john anthony yesterday? 2005 draft what a great size he has on him.
compare that to players we have on our list. our development issues falls straight on TW, king, and that idiot royal.

no other team in the afl would keep a coach for 4 or 5 years with no finals expierience.
Tw knew what he was doing when he came to punt road. unlike clarkson he chose to keep players like tivers and hyde on our list instead of a complete overhaul. that reeks of someone out of touch

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »
until every senior player at the club goes, we will go nowhere, Richmond should trade or delist every player over the age of 25 currently at Punt Rd.

Tigermonk

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »

rubbish Lids has got plenty around him to help in Foley Tuck & others there is no excuse
Kingy l dont think you been watching who he is playing on has taken some big name players other the weeks
[/quote]

Foley is the same age as Lids and Tucky is only there for his size. Who would you tag or put your best defenders on out of Foley/Lids or Tuck/Johnson? Who would you be more worried about at the moment in the forwardline after Richo -  Browny has lost his mojo, Petts is ordinary and the rest are developing players themselves?

I am not trying to defend the indefendable (though it feels like it at the moment ;)) but I just want to put things into perspective. Thomas is a great player but he is given more opportunities to shine than Lids does - that is my whole point adn thats it.

Ask yourself this, do you think Thomas would be as good at Tigerland?

Stripes
[/quote]

Teams dont need to tag us we destruct ourselves  :lol & we get smashed most of the time & dont control the play so why would they tag us when they have control of the ball most of the day. everyone says Foley gets tagged alot when its his player that is taking the ball from the contest aint that funny  :lol & its always there players running in packs out of the centre with the ball hence the roos game.  l dont call that tagging l call it player match up & l'm yet to watch the replay of yesterday game cause its really not worth it
We use Jackson to tag players,  l think he does a good job when not half beaten to death & cloth hanging off
you tag players who are dominating the game like Thomas but seriously Richmond dont have any player capable of damaging a side over 4 quarters to worry about being tagged, we just dont have a damaging player who stands out all day.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
stripes

i know where u r coming from, and im not asking for terrys head yet.

i have maintained all along all our senior group must be sacked.

i would be more than happy to see terry play th ekids and watch us lose by 7 goals (or more) rather than watc h us lose by the same margins with our senior group.

if terry wants me to support him, he must make big changes with our team as of yesterday and send all our senior duds to finish the yr of at the coburg 2s

{X} (Great name though but I prefer you previous avatar :))

I am glad you can see where I'm coming from and I agree completely with what you are saying. The only reason the senior players should ever get a game from here on end is to help the kids full stop. If they are not either offers leadership, delivery, support or a 'buffer' then move them on permanently.

Tiv, Petts, Bowden and unfortunately Browny offer us nothing that a young player doesn't already so they should be moved on...
Johnson gives us experience and some talent in the middle so he can stay temporarily while Richo should move on for the opportunity for your young forwards to create a new Forward Team as I've harped on about earlier.

I not trying to say with all these posts that TW should not share in some of the blame for our current predicament (sp?) but just that there are other people that are more responsible at the moment than him. I think TW is perfect for the club at the moment to get us through this rebuilding stage. If he wasn't good with the media and good at spreading the message the Tigers suporters would have derailed the process long a go.

If TW proves to be inept by the end of his contract then at least we have the satisfaction of knowing he allowed us to build up a large group of potentially good players who will hold us in good stead for the future.

At the moment though, if we have to point the finger at players, start at the top because they are not doing there job.

Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2008, 04:56:31 PM »

rubbish Lids has got plenty around him to help in Foley Tuck & others there is no excuse
Kingy l dont think you been watching who he is playing on has taken some big name players other the weeks

Foley is the same age as Lids and Tucky is only there for his size. Who would you tag or put your best defenders on out of Foley/Lids or Tuck/Johnson? Who would you be more worried about at the moment in the forwardline after Richo -  Browny has lost his mojo, Petts is ordinary and the rest are developing players themselves?

I am not trying to defend the indefendable (though it feels like it at the moment ;)) but I just want to put things into perspective. Thomas is a great player but he is given more opportunities to shine than Lids does - that is my whole point adn thats it.

Ask yourself this, do you think Thomas would be as good at Tigerland?

Stripes
[/quote]

Teams dont need to tag us we destruct ourselves  :lol & we get smashed most of the time & dont control the play so why would they tag us when they have control of the ball most of the day. everyone says Foley gets tagged alot when its his player that is taking the ball from the contest aint that funny  :lol & its always there players running in packs out of the centre with the ball hence the roos game.  l dont call that tagging l call it player match up & l'm yet to watch the replay of yesterday game cause its really not worth it
We use Jackson to tag players,  l think he does a good job when not half beaten to death & cloth hanging off
you tag players who are dominating the game like Thomas but seriously Richmond dont have any player capable of damaging a side over 4 quarters to worry about being tagged, we just dont have a damaging player who stands out all day.
[/quote]

Lets hope we have more players tagged then in future ;)

Tigermonk

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2008, 09:32:47 AM »
All the Dale Thomas knockers have gone to ground  :thumbsup   ;D :lol  :rollin :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »
All the Dale Thomas knockers have gone to ground  :thumbsup   ;D :lol  :rollin :rollin

was thinking the same thing.
and what about the guys that knocked me when i said last year that i would rather leon davis than pettifer.

cant find those people anymore either.

Tigermonk

« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2008, 11:15:23 PM »
Neon Leon is getting better every year
but yeah looks like they really peeed off about young Dale Thomas
he took them on & won compared to Tambling freightened football, walking behind play & skill errors
Deledio was not sighted much at all for being damaging as l said these 2 are overated & need to start performing like other club cubs
was poor Kingy, Moore, Thursfield, Patto shining doing the work

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

Not me - still don't rate him that highly ;D Missed a couple of opportunities to really put some defensvie pressure on in the F50 but again didn't chase but people don't worry about these things because the Pies were miles in front ;D

And can I just add I nearly choked on my porridge the other morning when it said in the HUN that 7 or 8 (cant' remember which) of his possessions were contested :gobdrop  As JP McEnroe would say "You cant be serious"  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
well your wrong he did get the contested ball many times he freakin swamped us & spend alot of time on the bench also
there is no perfect footballer in the AFL even Judd & Harvey make mistakes during the game,  what you want to curse him for a few mistakes  :rollin what about the good stuff he did to maul us  :lol just wait till the end of year he will poll more brownlow votes then any gutless Richmond player
if you dont rate him highly you never played football in your life  :lol :lol & dont know what your talking about  :rollin

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

Not me - still don't rate him that highly ;D Missed a couple of opportunities to really put some defensvie pressure on in the F50 but again didn't chase but people don't worry about these things because the Pies were miles in front ;D

And can I just add I nearly choked on my porridge the other morning when it said in the HUN that 7 or 8 (cant' remember which) of his possessions were contested :gobdrop  As JP McEnroe would say "You cant be serious"  :rollin

u poor man powell. u are living in a bubble if u believe that.

he ran rings around mcmahon, not one many times.

on the wing, he won the 50/50 ball and ran right away from ur mate jordy.

he will be a gun if he isn't already. 200 game player no mistake.
how many of those types have we got. none!!

open ur eyes pal instead of being so biased.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »
there is no perfect footballer in the AFL even Judd & Harvey make mistakes during the game,  what you want to curse him for a few mistakes  :rollin what about the good stuff he did to maul us  :lol just wait till the end of year he will poll more brownlow votes then any gutless Richmond player
if you dont rate him highly you never played football in your life  :lol :lol & dont know what your talking about  :rollin

GOTCHA 1

A lot of people reckon I don't know what i am talking about  :lol :rollin :thumbsup I did play footy when I was kid until I got suspended for whacking my brother  ;D

u poor man powell. u are living in a bubble if u believe that.

he ran rings around mcmahon, not one many times.

on the wing, he won the 50/50 ball and ran right away from ur mate jordy.

he will be a gun if he isn't already. 200 game player no mistake.
how many of those types have we got. none!!

open ur eyes pal instead of being so biased.

:rollin :rollin GOTCHA 2

Firstly Jordy aint no mate of mine

Secondly my eyes are wide open.

Biased me .... never just like having some fun. :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2008, 07:38:04 PM »
 ;D  :thumbsup

anyway time to lock this Skunk thread  ;D