Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies  (Read 9841 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Pies
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:09:44 AM »
This is a huge game coming up for the Tiges after the poor one against North.

Big crowd and up against the Maggies where we have been their bogey side for over a decade. Will the ownership continue?!

Discuss   :gotigers

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Pies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
bloody oath, we will beat them.
the pies were not that impressive v the lions, and we all know now how crap the shocker dockers are

brownie always has a field day v the pies and i just feel we will fight back hard and strong and be to fast for the serial chokers and pretenders

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:54:20 AM »
To be honest i don't go with ownerhips of them. We have a good recored in this decade but each game stands on its own merits.

We are at home. Hopefully the Tiger Army will respond to our biggest home game of the season and turn out in force. We really should have 40,000 there if we are serious about being a powerhouse. They will bring 30,000 to an away against us and neutrals should hopefully push the crowd up towards 75,000. It'll probablty be the only game they play in Victoria this year in which they are outbarracked. They are not used to that and don't respond well to it - they never have - as our record V them shows. I really believe the fans can play a part so everyone BE THERE.

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:41 PM »
To be honest i don't go with ownerhips of them. We have a good recored in this decade but each game stands on its own merits.

We are at home. Hopefully the Tiger Army will respond to our biggest home game of the season and turn out in force. We really should have 40,000 there if we are serious about being a powerhouse. They will bring 30,000 to an away against us and neutrals should hopefully push the crowd up towards 75,000. It'll probablty be the only game they play in Victoria this year in which they are outbarracked. They are not used to that and don't respond well to it - they never have - as our record V them shows. I really believe the fans can play a part so everyone BE THERE.

Thats a good post & spot on  :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 12:24:32 PM »
Now we get to see just how Thomas
whos gunna stop him  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:33:30 PM »
For some divine reason perhaps even God himself will take time out from his day of rest to "rest with a tinny in hand" and watch us.  After all Collingwood epitomise all that is evil in this world but God has promised Lucifer his day in the sun at some point in time so on this coming Sunday knowing that he can't promise Lucifer and the Pies their day in the Sun  he will sit back relax and watch the Tigers beat the living daylights of the Pies at the Colosseum, and just like in Byzantine Times in Rome when the Big Cats slaughtered the Christians pay back will be ensured when the Infidels and Hellish ones will be slaughtered by the Big Stripy Cats in that Colosseum in East Melbourne this time round. The underdog will have their day and maybe the sleeping giant may fall asleep again come Round 4 but for one week at least it will rub its eyes in that dawning glow knowing that this is a day of monumental proprortions and will seek to write the wrongs of 26 years of failure and underachievement against an opponent who if it was not for people who are more stupid than those who actually support it and blow their trumpet still talk of failures and mediocrity long gone as if they were reunited with a long lost love from primary school (because that's when they start to interbreed) are in a calming and soothing sort of way worse than us.

Seriously all would have loved it to be a wet weekend a very wet weekend. Who on this forum still has fond memories of the 2006 game when we led by 10 goals at half time in the wet. Alas it aint and it will be relatively dry but who here does not remember the rd 19 game in 2007 in dry conditions.
Anyway two key dules will win this game
Richo vs Wakelin
Thursfield vs Rocca

Sure the usual midfield battles will take place and the Pies will come down to our level or we will rise above their level or whatever but we seem to always match up well on them have more pace more grunt more fierceness and more persistence in these games at the Colosseum against the Skunks. Hence our success against them even in an era when our pickings have been so very slim.

I personally think the 2nd/ 3rd tier  players will ultimately decide it. Will the accountability and performance of blokes like Jacko Newman Simmo Pettifer Tucky Hughes Polo Johnno be worth more than those of Thomas Medhurst Goldsack Cloke and Shaw Pendlebury Davis. I think it will be only just on the mere logic that the Tigers just seem to rise to the occassion whenever we play these Smelly Skunks. If only we played them 22 times in a season then life could be much much sweeter. See you all at the G and a victory adorned in Yellow and Black.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 07:58:34 PM by Hellenic Tiger 74 »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:23:44 PM »
Now we get to see just how Thomas
whos gunna stop him  ;D

To see how Thomas... What TMonk.

Does his hair :rollin :rollin

:thumbsup

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »
15 wins to 7 since 1994 is a lop-sided ledger.

Based on past games between us and the Pies the team that wins the stoppages and clearances will win. If we allow the Collingwood mids to feed easy ball like we allowed North last week then the Pies small mid-size forwards will cut us to shreds. If we get enough of the footy out of the midfield (we smashed them last time) then our forwards should get on top to kick a winning score.

No Presti means Richo will have either Wakelin, Maxwell or Brown on him. He should be too mobile, strong and unpredictable for either of them (but not all of them if our dumb mids bomb it ::) ). Browny has always posed probs for the Pies so interesting who they go for this time. As much as commentators would love it I can't see our Nathan Brown (182cm) on their Nathan Brown (195cm).

Hopefully this week we have plan B if the Pies try to isolate Kingy like North did although he'll probably be on Leon Davis this week who's about the same height.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 11:08:04 PM »
MT  :lol Richo too big too strong for them  :rollin :rollin the useless prick cant kick straight.  :lol they dont care how much ball he gets cause he hardly causes any damage to teams seriously when Richo gets the ball & shoots for goal its more like a turnover they get control the other sides & blast past our forward to there attack  :lol Richmond will never be a powerful side with him at the helm. get real we had over 14 years of his crap l sick of hearing how good his not he constantly breaks down in front of goal it costs us so many games its beyond the joke. he be more service away from goals.
Richmond willnot be a good side till the rot is gone of the chip kickers & missed easy shots are gone & the pricks who play slow backwards football
l hope Richmond beat the pies cause l hate them,  but seriously l cant see it happening this weekend.  l going there not confident & only to honor my arrangments & bets otherwise l stay at home. If you hear or see anyone banging hard on the window when Richo misses a easy goal its me

WP, Thomas loves wet weather football & if the weather is bad he will cherish it & cause us problems.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 11:48:35 PM »
WP, Thomas loves wet weather football & if the weather is bad he will cherish it & cause us problems.
You mean TM like when Thomas choked in front of goal last week as did Rocca and Didak that would have won them the game  :lol.

Sure Richo is hit and miss but he has plenty of mates in the AFL. Goalkicking is one skill of the game that hasn't improved in the modern era. Peter Hudson still puts nearly all of these professionals  ::) to shame.

Hudson                  70+%

Richo      750 513 = 59%
Rocca     407 277 = 59%
Riewoldt 259 168  = 60%
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 12:54:45 AM »
After watching both teams play last weekend I fear the worst.
Pies will do us easily. :help

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 07:51:54 AM »
they are a very well coached side.
we have the wood on them but thats history i think they have our measure.

if we continue to reward players like petts with games week in week out we deserve to lose.

he should be made to pay after we dished out last week. a b-loody disgrace he was last week
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 09:48:19 AM »
You always grasp your stats MT but the fact is they prove nothing at all. the stats dont show when the goals are missed in the crucial point of the game.  Richo always misses the important goals when the game is in the balance.
stats dont show nothing of when the game is there to be won or taken control,  so l dont know why you put them up,  you cant denie Richo cost us many games at critical times
l reckon Richo needs anxiety tablets,  cause when his close to goal 5 - 40 metres out he is overwhelmed by the oppostion supporters heckling him, he turns to pooh,  :(  but can kick great goals on the run or beyond 55m because his brain is racing & his switched on & cant hear the heckling  ;D
If after all these years he cant grasp the task of slotting the ball through under preasure & direct in front 5 - 40m out then he should not be played in that position cause the whole team is counting on him & when he misses the players lose confidence & l been told this by several players that its costing the team dearly & there has been some flak caused by it. Also Richo is against his own players comming into his zone just look on his face his even stared down Robin the boy blunder recently  :help

Yes many big blokes do kick badly we all know that,  its been the case for the generation of football,  l could name 100 players. some players are picked for there ruck skills & strong marking overhead but cant kick well.  FF's are picked cause they kick well & thats there job,  but its time we blooded a new permanent FF to win games,  not to play someone because there been at the club 14 years whatever it is & can take strong marks & then kick the ball on the full or score points,  which as l said is turning the ball over & as l stated many times before our forwards cant defend the forward 50 properly
l love Richo but his a better player for Richmond down the ground,  he still runs like a 25 year old & is one of the best strong marks in the league over his career & he should be used that way. Richo has great recovery when going for his own ball after a attempted mark & when he gathers the ball in he often sets someone up. You can get your stats out every week but l see the same thing happen every week & its wearing very thin with supporters & players.

Some supporters like you say yeah the Saints & Skunks do the same & l agree they do but they also kick alot more goals than us,  get your stats out & look at our percentages for the last 25 years + there always been pooh & thats why teams like the Saints & Skunks win & have good percentages come years end. When Kozsy for the Saints is missing someone else is kicking them & Kozsy is worse than Richo by a mile. Rewoldt fixed his problem so why cant Richo & Rewodlt for your stats is not the Saints FF so l dont know why you put them up for comparrison with Richo,  why not put big Fraser G up or does he have better stats.  l sure you will put them up cause they mean nothing to me FG has won many games for the Saints & kicks them when the game is in the balance.  Richo has won us a hand full cause we have not won many games at all over the years

Dont take this personal either this is a discussion about a great player who l think is costing us game & l think change should have been made some years ago. Richo deserves his B&F cause his earned it not for kicking goals but his committment to winning the contested ball
l dont like stats cause they dont show how a game is really played. If you go off any Richmond stats & Jackstar can back this up,  we over use the ball every game. Handballs, Marks, Kicks, going backwards, sideways, inside 50,s then out again then back in then out again & inside 50 again then bang there that big important turnover & bang goal to other team  :lol someone once said to me we had the most inside 50's  :lol l wonder how we got the most when our shots on goals are very low,  its because we get it inside 50 then dont have confidence to have a shot & go backwards then come back in again & again gmae after game of leather burns

Hughes, Shultzs, & Rewoldt are our future so we should be playing them in there positions now. Take a look at Roughhead the new kid on the block his cemented that position at FF & is very dangerous,  that lad aint even played to his full ability yet. he will destroy us like the days of Dinstall & Ablett but wait we have Thursfield yes can he become a great fullback,  Franklin has cememted his position yet Deledio, Tambling, are still being thrown around & a few others are still scratching Polo, Polak, Shultzs, Hughes, Raines, McGuane, Rewoldt, Pettifer still get chucked around that shows me the coach is not confident in his players ability & cant coach this squad with his current assistant coaches there is a problem that lays underneath  ;D

anyway time to do some work but my point is we should be cementing the youngsters into thier positions & let them learn the hardway
Carlton are doing it with Gibbs & Murphy so why cant Richmond

& if Collingwood beat us be prepared for me cause l wont be taking it great

PS  :lol Daniel161  :thumbsup we do have the wood on them we have the wooden spoon from last year.  l bet Wallet spanked the players with it after the bad effort against the Kangaroos

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »
You mean TM like when Thomas choked in front of goal last week as did Rocca and Didak that would have won them the game  :lol.

l prefer to have Thomas with the ball under preasure than Richo anyday  :lol cause we know 100% Richo is the leagues biggest choker
Dont you listen to the commentators when you watch your replays  :rollin
Dont forget the great goals Thomas kicked under preasure last week when the game was in the balance & the umps made critical mistakes in the dying minutes of that game just like some critical ones against the tigers but hey lets not blame the greatly coached umpires & thier stupid rules from Stupid Geishein

anyway eff Collingwood its war in this household this week  :banghead my money is on Richmond & l wont be happy without a win so l hope King will lay Thomas out cold  :pray :pray :pray

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
No comment apart from 3rd biggest game of the year for us and I will be there as per usual.

NB: The 2nd biggest game is the return match against Carltank.

:gotigers