Author Topic: Tigers vs Pies  (Read 9925 times)

richmondrules

Re: Tigers vs Pies
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 10:36:11 AM »
You always grasp your stats MT but the fact is they prove nothing at all. the stats dont show when the goals are missed in the crucial point of the game.  Richo always misses the important goals when the game is in the balance.

I would have thought this was more of an indictment on the rest of the team. Richo's accuracy is as good as any champion forward. Unfortunately for him his kicks are so much more important in the scheme of things than these other forwards since nobody else will step up and kick the necessary score. There have been plenty of times Richo has single handedly won games for us, and yes there have been times when his inaccuracy has cost us matches. But I would say that these other forwards have been let off the hook since when they have a bad day there have been others to take the load and win the matches. Browney could do this for Richo but unfortunately we all know what has happened there. No one else ever kicks more than four goals in a game. When was the last time one of our forwards kicked a bag of 6 or 7 whose name is not Matthew or Nathan.

Richo, when he has a bad day, is just ridiculous. A complete laughing stock. He'll miss a goal by 20 meters from 20 meters. The others may miss by a couple of centimetres if they are having an off day. Still a miss but more excusable because they look far less stupid.

Richo is not our problem. Expecting him to win matches by himself over and over again is unfair.

Tigermonk

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
No comment apart from 3rd biggest game of the year for us and I will be there as per usual.

NB: The 2nd biggest game is the return match against Carltank.

:gotigers

talking of Carltank l seen somewhere a paper or internet where the Richmond supporters showed the Scum a bedsheet with cheating tankers on it  :rollin what a classic

richmondrules

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
talking of Carltank l seen somewhere a paper or internet where the Richmond supporters showed the Scum a bedsheet with cheating tankers on it  :rollin what a classic

lol. Yes. "Tankers are Wankers" is what it said if I remember correctly.

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
You always grasp your stats MT but the fact is they prove nothing at all. the stats dont show when the goals are missed in the crucial point of the game.  Richo always misses the important goals when the game is in the balance.

I would have thought this was more of an indictment on the rest of the team. Richo's accuracy is as good as any champion forward. Unfortunately for him his kicks are so much more important in the scheme of things than these other forwards since nobody else will step up and kick the necessary score. There have been plenty of times Richo has single handedly won games for us, and yes there have been times when his inaccuracy has cost us matches. But I would say that these other forwards have been let off the hook since when they have a bad day there have been others to take the load and win the matches. Browney could do this for Richo but unfortunately we all know what has happened there. No one else ever kicks more than four goals in a game. When was the last time one of our forwards kicked a bag of 6 or 7 whose name is not Matthew or Nathan.

Richo, when he has a bad day, is just ridiculous. A complete laughing stock. He'll miss a goal by 20 meters from 20 meters. The others may miss by a couple of centimetres if they are having an off day. Still a miss but more excusable because they look far less stupid.

Richo is not our problem. Expecting him to win matches by himself over and over again is unfair.

l'm sure you didnot read my post or dinot grasp it  :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »

lol. Yes. "Tankers are Wankers" is what it said if I remember correctly.

Thats the one l seen a white sheet saying tankers are Wankers  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Magpies focus on shutting down Foley (SMH)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 05:09:12 PM »
Magpies focus on shutting down Foley
April 3, 2008 - 3:44PM

Shutting down Richmond clearance star Nathan Foley will be a big emphasis for Collingwood in Sunday's round three AFL game at the MCG.

Foley's bursts from the centre set the Tigers up for quick goals in the opening minutes of the last clash between these sides and paved the way for an upset win in round 19 last season.

Having been part of the Collingwood side which was overrun by the Brisbane Lions last week, midfielder Dane Swan said on Thursday the Magpies were aware of Foley's ability to win the ball from stoppages and dash clear at breakneck speed.

"He's very good at his stoppages and that's where he gets all his ball, and he's lightning quick out of them," Swan said.

"So if we can nullify his getting the ball at stoppages and if he gets it, he has to try to run through us instead of breaking out.

"So hopefully we can get him going the other way so he has to kick the ball, because if he gets a little bit in front of you you're not going to catch him because of how explosive he is."

Swan, who is likely to spend some time on Foley given the high number of interchange rotations Collingwood employ, said Foley was one of Richmond's key players.

"He's a very good footballer, he's very quick and he's very good at stoppages, so if we can stop him at the stoppages that's half the battle because they do look for him a bit," he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/magpies-focus-on-shutting-down-foley/20080403-23fw.html

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
MT  :lol Richo too big too strong for them  :rollin :rollin the useless prick cant kick straight.  :lol they dont care how much ball he gets cause he hardly causes any damage to teams seriously when Richo gets the ball & shoots for goal its more like a turnover they get control the other sides & blast past our forward to there attack  :lol Richmond will never be a powerful side with him at the helm. get real we had over 14 years of his crap l sick of hearing how good his not he constantly breaks down in front of goal it costs us so many games its beyond the joke. he be more service away from goals.
Richmond willnot be a good side till the rot is gone of the chip kickers & missed easy shots are gone & the pricks who play slow backwards football
l hope Richmond beat the pies cause l hate them,  but seriously l cant see it happening this weekend.  l going there not confident & only to honor my arrangments & bets otherwise l stay at home. If you hear or see anyone banging hard on the window when Richo misses a easy goal its me

WP, Thomas loves wet weather football & if the weather is bad he will cherish it & cause us problems.

Great post, i have had this view about Richo for a long time. Look you cant deny the guys passion for the game and if effort alone was the measure of success then he is one of the best. Unfortunately reality is that he is a forward and a forward is there to kick goals. When will the tiges finally recruit some forwards who you can depend upon to kick that oval thing between the two big sticks? Its that simple however at vital times Richo fails to do it. Commentators keep saying that one week he will come out and kick 15 goals, well with his accuracy record he would have to have about 60 shots at goal, not likely. I dont think since Michael Roach have we had someone that can thread the eye of a needle from 50 metres. Until we get a potent forward i think we will always struggle to compete with the stronger teams.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

Great post, i have had this view about Richo for a long time. Look you cant deny the guys passion for the game and if effort alone was the measure of success then he is one of the best. Unfortunately reality is that he is a forward and a forward is there to kick goals. When will the tiges finally recruit some forwards who you can depend upon to kick that oval thing between the two big sticks? Its that simple however at vital times Richo fails to do it. Commentators keep saying that one week he will come out and kick 15 goals, well with his accuracy record he would have to have about 60 shots at goal, not likely. I dont think since Michael Roach have we had someone that can thread the eye of a needle from 50 metres. Until we get a potent forward i think we will always struggle to compete with the stronger teams.

na sorry dont agree. look at the pies always there abouts come finals time and who is their forward. anthony rocca.
the eagles won the flag with no specialized ff.
if the coach and players are good enough they can make do.
we dont have the cattle or coach to do this.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 02:23:19 AM »
TAB Sportsbet Odds

Head to Head

Richmond      $ 3.30 
Collingwood   $ 1.30 

Line

Richmond   +20.5 Pts   $ 1.90 
Collingwood -20.5 Pts   $ 1.90 

Margin

Richmond Under 39.5 Pts    $  4.00 
Richmond Over 39.5 Pts      $15.00 

Collingwood Under 39.5 Pts  $ 2.25 
Collingwood Over 39.5 Pts    $ 2.75 

Draw  51.00

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 09:02:34 AM »
$3.30.  I'll take those odds in a two horse race. 

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »
TAB Sportsbet Odds

Head to Head

Richmond      $ 3.30 
Collingwood   $ 1.30 

Line

Richmond   +20.5 Pts   $ 1.90 
Collingwood -20.5 Pts   $ 1.90 

Margin

Richmond Under 39.5 Pts    $  4.00 
Richmond Over 39.5 Pts      $15.00 

Collingwood Under 39.5 Pts  $ 2.25 
Collingwood Over 39.5 Pts    $ 2.75 

Draw  51.00

This game is a punters dream  :thumbsup  ;D ;D ;D ;D  :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 04:27:53 PM »
WP, Thomas loves wet weather football & if the weather is bad he will cherish it & cause us problems.
You mean TM like when Thomas choked in front of goal last week as did Rocca and Didak that would have won them the game  :lol.

l prefer to have Thomas with the ball under preasure than Richo anyday  :lol cause we know 100% Richo is the leagues biggest choker
Dont you listen to the commentators when you watch your replays  :rollin
Dont forget the great goals Thomas kicked under preasure last week when the game was in the balance & the umps made critical mistakes in the dying minutes of that game just like some critical ones against the tigers but hey lets not blame the greatly coached umpires & thier stupid rules from Stupid Geishein

anyway eff Collingwood its war in this household this week  :banghead my money is on Richmond & l wont be happy without a win so l hope King will lay Thomas out cold  :pray :pray :pray
The Pies had the run of the umps in the first 3 quarters yet all we hear is whinge whinge about the last quarter. How many times did Magpie players throw the ball and it wasn't called ::). If you think they got screwed by the umps wait till Sunday and watch them get everything because they had a whinge to Geisch ::).

As for Thomas, you knock Richo for missing crucial goals (which might surprise you I agree he does) but Thomas missed the crunch goal last week which cost them the game. I mean sheesh he was gifted the chance by the ump too who missed O'Bree's rugby throw. Choked big time. Anyway comparing apples and oranges comparing a small with a tall.

Riewoldt and Richo play similar roles so the comparison is fair. Both play high and low in the forward line and their athleticism is their main weapon. Riewoldt is still relatively young so his spring is still there whereas Richo, while he can still take a speckie, the jumping jack of his younger days is gone. I would put my house on neither when shooting for goal and the stats back that up whatever you think of them  ;D. As for Rocca well we all know about his record when it comes to kicking crucial goals  :lol. His average number of goals is almost half that of Richo's too. One great game from puff puff and then you won't see him for 5 weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Foley, Lids and Browny must lift against 'Pies - David King
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »
Tigers AFL trio must lift against 'Pies
SMH
April 5, 2008 - 11:36AM

Richmond have challenged key trio Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley and Nathan Brown to produce their best football more often before Sunday's AFL game against Collingwood at the MCG.

The three Tigers can be match-winners on their day but their starts to the season have been sporadic after patchy performances in the opening win over Carlton and the seven-goal defeat to North Melbourne.

Brown booted three goals against the Blues but gathered only 24 disposals in the first two games, Deledio was quiet against Carlton but gained a career-high 27 touches last week and Foley began well but was subdued against the Kangaroos.

Ahead of a game against an old rival, Richmond assistant coach David King said the Tigers needed more output from the skilful threesome.

"You just feel if we can get Nathan Brown, we can get Nathan Foley and Brett Deledio to fire or to go somewhere near their best - and they don't have to be best on ground but if they can just lift at parts of the game - it gives us an opportunity to win," King said.

"Without those guys firing it probably leaves too much to too few and unfortunately where we are at the moment, we can't go with that."

Foley's work clearing the ball from stoppages was instrumental in the Tigers' win over Collingwood last season and King said Richmond wanted more of the same from the young onballer.

"If he can produce something like that, you're not going to ask for that every week, but if he can hold his own and be the normal Nathan Foley we know at stoppages then we're on our way," he said.

Similarly, Deledio also starred in the win over the Pies last time with five goals, but has been unable to match that form positioned in the forward line at the start of 2008.

"At the end of last year he had a fantastic patch, being able to (have an) impact (on) games as a full-forward," King said.

"We've probably targeted that role for him this season but he probably hasn't started the way we wanted, he's probably had more impact when he's been released into midfield.

"Our challenge is to get him into the game and his challenge is to fire in all areas no matter where we put him.

"If he's going to become a top-line player in this competition he needs to be able to stand up and play a number of different roles for us because that's what good players do."

King nominated the evenness of Collingwood's midfield as the major area Richmond had to focus on, but conceded small Magpie forwards Alan Didak, Leon Davis and Paul Medhurst could be damaging if left unchecked.

http://news.smh.com.au/tigers-afl-trio-must-lift-against-pies/20080405-23w6.html

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »
This is a huge game coming up for the Tiges after the poor one against North.

Big crowd and up against the Maggies where we have been their bogey side for over a decade. Will the ownership continue?!

Discuss   :gotigers

Just concerned that we may be half expected to beat them. I live in the bush and if there is anywhere where there is an over representation of toolhead collingwood supporters it`s up here. I`ll be hiding ,listening and hopefully coming out paying those stuff wits out. Good luck to all the supporters heading to the G, i`d love to be a part of the army and not surrounded by the toolheads

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »
This is a huge game coming up for the Tiges after the poor one against North.

Big crowd and up against the Maggies where we have been their bogey side for over a decade. Will the ownership continue?!

Discuss   :gotigers

Just concerned that we may be half expected to beat them. I live in the bush and if there is anywhere where there is an over representation of toolhead collingwood supporters it`s up here. I`ll be hiding ,listening and hopefully coming out paying those eff wits out. Good luck to all the supporters heading to the G, i`d love to be a part of the army and not surrounded by the toolheads

You may not be there go Richo but you are still part of the Tiger Army and you won't be hiding from little magpies. Win lose or Draw you'll be swaggering about like you should do. You are a Tiger.