Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee  (Read 13853 times)

jackstar

Re: Coburg vs Werribee
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »
Looks like Jack and his apologist are back with avengence.   :banghead

Sticking up for Terry are we ?  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »
I laugh when people think we have improved. :lol
The bottom four sides are terrible, we aint improved.

I laugh when I hear you go on and on about the same thing for the last 18 months  :lol or should it be :banghead You say you are not disgruntled but that is how you appear.

let me see... for 3 weeks or so we didn't hear a peep out of you - why was that exactly...could it have been because... struth we were playing Ok - not great but OK. Then right on queue you reappear when there is a bad loss and you keep going on an on about the same things - nothing new just the same old same old.

This thread was about the Coburg -v- Werribee game, not wallace but Coburg but as per normal you take that and turn it into another bash Wallace thread

And just on Wallace

You say:

As for the coach, I sat behind him and worked with him for 2 years, he has to go..
You know why I am so angry and mad at the moment? Wallace is ruining the place and people are letting him get away with it.

2 years you say - well why did it take you so long to work all this out ??? 2 years is a long time in footy, so why did it take so long for you to work it out? That I don't get. I really don't. You constantly hit us with what you call "facts" and in the process you be-little people simply becuase they don't agree with you, you call them fools and and indiots and then you wonder why people think you are disgruntled?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »
Rhett Jordan played a great game for the Coburg ressies on the weekend. A few spots have opened up with injury and he has certainly put his hand up.

4 handy goals and nearly took a big hanger. Looked very confident on the weekend.

Putt was VERY good also.

Plenty of fists thrown during the match also.  :shh

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2008, 10:22:09 PM »

:lol :lol ... sadly

:yep :yep

jackstar

« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2008, 10:31:29 PM »
I laugh when people think we have improved. :lol
The bottom four sides are terrible, we aint improved.

I laugh when I hear you go on and on about the same thing for the last 18 months  :lol or should it be :banghead You say you are not disgruntled but that is how you appear.

let me see... for 3 weeks or so we didn't hear a peep out of you - why was that exactly...could it have been because... struth we were playing Ok - not great but OK. Then right on queue you reappear when there is a bad loss and you keep going on an on about the same things - nothing new just the same old same old.

This thread was about the Coburg -v- Werribee game, not wallace but Coburg but as per normal you take that and turn it into another bash Wallace thread

And just on Wallace

You say:

As for the coach, I sat behind him and worked with him for 2 years, he has to go..
You know why I am so angry and mad at the moment? Wallace is ruining the place and people are letting him get away with it.

2 years you say - well why did it take you so long to work all this out ??? 2 years is a long time in footy, so why did it take so long for you to work it out? That I don't get. I really don't. You constantly hit us with what you call "facts" and in the process you be-little people simply becuase they don't agree with you, you call them fools and and indiots and then you wonder why people think you are disgruntled?

We havent improved, you entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.
Four years of rubbish if you ask me, that the problem with the RFC, all talk, no balls.
What did March say at the start of the year, let our performances do the talking
Problem with you WP , you say I biased, you more biased than anyone here, now lets talk about the topic at hand, coburg

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:59 PM »
We havent improved, you entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

There you go Jackie - we agree  :thumbsup

Problem with you WP , you say I biased, you more biased than anyone here, now lets talk about the topic at hand, coburg

I am more biased than anyone here ..that's very funny indeed :rollin :rollin

then again perhaps I am Jack .. or perhaps it's the old glass half full versus the glass half empty. You think empty, I think full.... it is all about perception isn't it.....

And the topic....

Coburg are going along quite nicely

jackstar

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:22 PM »
coburg are extremely well run

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2008, 10:44:16 PM »
coburg are extremely well run

:rollin

and coached :thumbsup

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #98 on: June 09, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »
WP i thought u had some footy nous maybe i was wrong
the reason is simple wallace wants to win as many games as possible much like Pagan in his final year.
do you think TW has got tanking on his mind when he knows he needs to get runs on the board and fast.

however a new coach, fresh ideas would want to jump on the tank train.

a new coach would enforce the tank against the dees or freo in round 21, wheras TW knows he must win those games to keep the wolves at bay.

Daniel - there are 2 distinct questions here, for me at least.

1/ Do we tank or do we try and win? - After 26 years of being nowhere, the thought of tanking doesn't work for me. What does that teach the kids we currently have. Are you telling me to tank for the remainder of the year is going to be good for the likes of a Cotchin, who is going to be an absolute gun  ??? A player by the way was recruited by the current football department, who everyone keeps telling me on this board supposedly doesn't have the vaguest clue about anything?

FACTS are rightly or wrongly that in the last 2 weeks we have played 6 of the crappiest quarters of football ever - you tell me that the first half against wasn't OK? The fact that it was OK made the 2nd half all the more disgraceful IMHO.

However, whether people want to admit it or not until the Sydney game, there had been improvement, the game plan and excution of it was showing some promise. That's not spin doctoring that's what the results showed.

2nd question is do we sack the coach: Again just my opinion but I don't think it will achieve anything but appease people in the short term.

And then my answer to the question is who do we replace him with? K Sheedy and his cronies - please give me a break :chuck

I don't believe in sacking coaches, never have, never will because sacking a coach only fills the cracks, plugs the holes - it is the easiest way out and gee it makes everyone feel a bit better for a little while. But what happens in 2 years, 3 years time and we are still here tapping away here frustrated because again we think nothing has changed

Again and this just IMHO there a few players that should go before the coach does but to do that I suppose it's all a bit difficult isn't it.

As I said it's just my opinion but I will give you one of these  :thumbsup Daniel because at least you have been super consistent in your dislike of Wallace

Good Post.

Richmond as a club has needed structural change to catch up over 25 years of disfunction.  The 1987 VFL expansion has coincided with RFC's worst performing period - worse than the post war years to the mid 60's.

The structure of the club has had to be dragged kicking & screaming into the AFL era as it has been myred by in-fighting and a retribution culture.  RFC is not the envy of the league - that was 1974 !!!!

Ray Dunn had the vision of a club that would be modern for its time based at the MCG, play an exciting brand of long-kicking, high marking contested footy that would be mass marketed to the baby boomer generation coupled with appeal to an increasingly interested corporate sector.  He recruited key personnel in GR, Schwab and basically got the front office in order. 

Steve Wright's appointment is, IMHO, the cornerstone on which a sustained campaign can commence.   The recruiting & football department has at last recognised that short cuts will not provide sustained success (whilst I acknowledge there have been 2 instances of deviation in Polak & MacMahon)  there has been no trading for 'marque' players (eg. Johnno & Brown) oe even where a Sziller, Stafford or King has been recruited to the club

In brief, sacking coaches does has not worked for 25 years during the transition from semi-professional to the full professional era, and patience is and will continue to be required to put the platform in place to achieve a sustained competitive list.

To sack the coach 3.5 years into a 5 year deal is reactionary at best and akin to blinking when faced with a serious challenge.

RFC should stay the course for at least the remainder of this season and conduct a comprehensive review of operations from board level to boot studder at the conclusion of the season.  The full football department should be given a comprehensive aim so as to avoid motherhood statements like the mediocraty clause.

If the aims for the 2009 season (whatever they are they should be public knowledge to encourage ownership through the organisational strata) aren't achieved a large broom should be used as everyone should be on notice.

No more spin, no more mediocraty & no more populist reactionary key decision making.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »
no surprise that you agree with that darth.

do me a favour and tell me how many clubs would stay with a coach when they haven't made the finals for 4 possibly 5 years.
i dont think there is a club in the afl now that would keep the coach till the end of his term.

you may believe the spin that comes out of TW's mouth but i dont.

its spin thats what it is and we should find a coach that will instill some toughness in the players. we are weak do you understand what that means and its his fault. our last 3 coaches have all been the same..weak!!!

thats what we dont need with our next coach
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2008, 11:38:42 PM »
....now lets talk about the topic at hand...
:o
mmmkay   :chuck
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:35 AM »
Rhett Jordan played a great game for the Coburg ressies on the weekend. A few spots have opened up with injury and he has certainly put his hand up.

4 handy goals and nearly took a big hanger. Looked very confident on the weekend.

Putt was VERY good also.

Thanks

I will watch his progress with interest.

'65

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
I completely agree with you both WP and Darth. Sacking the coach would be detrimental to our progress as a team and club.

For far too long we have wallowed in the bottom half of the leader and it is mainly due to fear, unrealistic expectation and impatience from supporters, administration and story hungry media.

We are still have a reputuation for sacking coaches and turning on our own. TW only agreed to take the coaching position at our club if he could have the time to rebuild the list and space to develop the recruits. In the past our coaches have been too fearful of losing their positions to even attempt to rebuild and have traded away our draft picks and brought in senior players in an attempt to save their skins before the axe came down.

It is this impatient call for the caoched to be sacked that has got us into the predicament we have been in for 25 odd years. It is counter productive and does nothing but damage our club and culture.

Let TW see out this rebuild. Kids can not compete against men so give them time. 2009 is the watershed year for the club and TW.

If we do not make the finals next year then it will be time to recruit a new coach but I for one think the current administration and coaching board should be commended on what they are trying to do. The easy thing would have been trying to top up but we are genuinely trying to rebuild.

Next year we will see if the rebuild has been successful and even if it hasn't I still believe it was the right thing to do.

We need to be patient starting with our coach.... :pray

Stripes

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
Well guys I just waded though this whole tread trying to find out reports on the players from the Coburg vs Werribee game. Didnt get much info did I.

Please guys dont turn this board into a board where every thread turns out the same.

Tank / not tank
Sack TW / not sack TW
These players should go / These players should stay.

The above topics have no business in this thread and unless some of you (you know who you are) stop this crap poeple will stop comming and reading.

We need threads like the training tread , the resiess match reports and others to be about the topic. Maybe we could sticky the three topics above and make a policy these are the only place these should be talked about.

Just about had enough   Fluffy
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
Well guys I just waded though this whole tread trying to find out reports on the players from the Coburg vs Werribee game. Didnt get much info did I.

Please guys dont turn this board into a board where every thread turns out the same.

Tank / not tank
Sack TW / not sack TW
These players should go / These players should stay.

The above topics have no business in this thread and unless some of you (you know who you are) stop this crap poeple will stop comming and reading.

We need threads like the training tread , the resiess match reports and others to be about the topic. Maybe we could sticky the three topics above and make a policy these are the only place these should be talked about.

Just about had enough   Fluffy
That makes two of us :thumbsup