Author Topic: Coburg vs Werribee  (Read 13627 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Coburg vs Werribee
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
:whistle :whistle :whistle MT in love with Terry Wallace :whistle :whistle :whistle

i cant imagine anyone on this forum would seriously think TW is the man to lead us into 2009

I do.

Though beyond 2009 depends on the state of our list, whether we make the finals and our team dynamics/game style. If he can tick each of these boxes them I will be happy for the Tigers to extend his contract but if I can not see any improvement next year then I will jump on the 'Sack TW bandwagon' then.

Stripes

State of our list- Well we need some defensive KPP'S and mental toughness in our midefielders and the rest of the team. Develop Jack and Clever  so we may have a nucleus there but they aren't being coached in the right way nor are kids waiting in the wings given the opportunity. No tick there

Finals appearances - that's 2 in 26 years this year since 1982 and 0-4 under Wallace. Fair to say we won't next year and the points you have raised Stripes and I will talk about will add validity. So no tick there either.

Team dynamics- Despite the so called improvement earlier in the year we still have a great tendency to drop our heads when we are exposed and not fight and fight. Confidence can get shot too easily and the fabric/culture of the club both on and off field with regards to the playing list has not improved under Terry's tenure either. Dogs Pies and Hawks all finished in the bottom 4 with us in 2004. All teams could finish in the top 4 this year and we will still be wallowing if not bottom then somewhere in the bottom 4. Paints a stark picture when they all were recruiting kids and playing them in the positions they got them to fill in the first place whereas Terry is trying to turn on ballers into HFF and what nots whilst others wallow at Coburg 2nds and Coburg week in week out whilst others who can;t play at all get selected. The mind boggles but no tick there either.

Game Style- Yes 15 metre chip kicks to nobody. Turnovers lack of accountability. Sure players can have bad habits due to concentration or lack of but when these continually occur then responsibility also must fall with the coaching staff who fail to identify it and rectify it on the track and in the classroom. Furthermore slowing the game down helps nobody when all the good sides that will challenge this year move the footy like grease lighning to forward targets. We've had a monster in Richo for 15 years and for most of that time the ball has gone in with the pace of a sloth on roller skates. Can we all imagine with a sound fast paced game plan and Richo what we could have achieved? Not attractive to look at and even less attractive and more galling when you implement it for part of a game only to do an about face and watch the opposition do it properly as was the case on Saturday. No tick there either.

Its time for Terry to go and take his Marshmallow sidekick with him. The sooner the better.

jackstar

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »
Couldnt have done better there HT74, great post.
Problem we have is that Gary March thinks Terry is doing a great job.
Lose next week and battern down the hatches.

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2008, 05:05:28 PM »

I have been away for the weekend.

Can anybody tell me how young Rhett Jordon looked playing for Coburg seconds?

:thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2008, 05:09:05 PM »

LOL resorting to childish comments because you can't handle a couple of simple FACTS that contradicted what you claimed  :rollin. Funny how you're so obsessed over Wallace you need to bring him into every topic when what I just said had nothing to do with him. Call me what you want Jack, I can tell you Connors was nowhere ready for senior footy due to a lack of match fitness whatever you want to say  :sleep. Morton, Jack, etc should never have been dropped for the same olds but Connors was running out of puff even at training FFS. But hey let's not FACTS get in the way of "mail"  ::).

Not childish at all. The kid was told he would get a game and he hasnt,end of story, dont bleed if he ends up at another club and does a dave rodan..
Not obsessed with Wallace either, just know after sitting behind him for 2 years he isnt the answer, end of discussion We will never climb the ladder with him. I rather have spud, at least you know where you stood, player wise ;)
Calling me a "wallace lover" is childish  ::). He'll be gone in 15 months so I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot. Rather spend the money in areas we need rather than pay deadmoney paying him out.

I don't care who said what. Connors wasn't fit enough to play AFL. FACT! He has the talent to play midfield but even at Coburg he plays mainly back or forward pocket. Give him a full preseason over next summer and he'll shine next year.

Yep Knighter knew exactly where he stood with Spud. Copped the brunt of the blame for us losing successive games and was forced by Spud into retirement midseason. Benny Gale was another forced out. Btw Spud didn't/wouldn't play kids because he wouldn't draft them in the first place  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
Go and ask some of the leadership group what they think of Wallet.
 ::)
Mate, I am sick of to death of Wallace and his crap.
So you will hear more soon. I can assure you
Can tell you he promsied Connors a game, rightfully or wrongfully he did.
Interesting next week, win, and Wallace will say we are back on track or some crap like that , lose and its all over for him soonner than you think.
I wonder if the ""spitter "" will return to do the dome next week. Can only hope , lol
MT, one thing you fail to realise, we are the laughing stock of the AFL, you think different and thats cool.

Tigermonk

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »

Team dynamics- Despite the so called improvement earlier in the year we still have a great tendency to drop our heads when we are exposed and not fight and fight. Confidence can get shot too easily and the fabric/culture of the club both on and off field with regards to the playing list has not improved under Terry's tenure either. Dogs Pies and Hawks all finished in the bottom 4 with us in 2004. All teams could finish in the top 4 this year and we will still be wallowing if not bottom then somewhere in the bottom 4. Paints a stark picture when they all were recruiting kids and playing them in the positions they got them to fill in the first place whereas Terry is trying to turn on ballers into HFF and what nots whilst others wallow at Coburg 2nds and Coburg week in week out whilst others who can;t play at all get selected. The mind boggles but no tick there either.

Top post  :thumbsup  its exactly what is going down, clubs have drafted & rebuilt without problems & are the guns of the competition while we lag behind once again without any glory & the same old problems arising year after year

l want Wallace, Royal, Rawling, King & whoever else teaching this crap out of punt rd before l ever give another $ to the club for membership or whatever, times are changing

jackstar

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
and I am also not interested in posters saying about the age spread of players etc. We all seen with our own eyes what a player like Cotchin can do, with no pre season and 4 games, he has already passed Tambling.. Richie Tambling has done all the hard pre season, trained the place down and bascially cant play.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »
so true tambling is a shadow of the player cotch is.

if we r lucky tambling might be 50% as good as daniel wells and thats really sad with what we have invested in him..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »
:whistle :whistle :whistle MT in love with Terry Wallace :whistle :whistle :whistle

i cant imagine anyone on this forum would seriously think TW is the man to lead us into 2009

I do.

Though beyond 2009 depends on the state of our list, whether we make the finals and our team dynamics/game style. If he can tick each of these boxes them I will be happy for the Tigers to extend his contract but if I can not see any improvement next year then I will jump on the 'Sack TW bandwagon' then.

Stripes

State of our list- Well we need some defensive KPP'S

Def KPP? I don't see this as our great problem.

Thursfield (22) & Rance (18) I rate.

- Schultz (23), Moore (24), McGaune (21), Gourdis (18), Polak (23).

Quite young crop.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »
2008 VFL Seniors

Werribee Tigers   1.1  5.3    6.5    10.6 (66)
Coburg Tigers     7.6  9.8  12.16  14.19 (103)

GOALS:
Werribee Tigers: Podsiadly 4 Henderson 2 Saker  Kennedy-Hunt  Young  Castello
Coburg Tigers: Hughes 5 Riewoldt 4 Caruso  Collins  Howat  Graham  Collard

BEST:
Werribee Tigers: Rockefeller Greenwood Chisholm Henderson Podsiadly Young
Coburg Tigers: Polo Rance Collard Howat Oakley-Nicholls Graham

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Hughes & Reiwoldt kicking goals.

Polo, Rance, Collard, JON in best.

Thank Geez.

jackstar

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »

I do.

Stripes

Quite young crop.

Polak and Schulz, your dreaming :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol both have been in the system for a long time and still cant play, should be both joining Tivs at Coburg

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

I do.

Stripes

Quite young crop.

Polak and Schulz, your dreaming :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol both have been in the system for a long time and still cant play, should be both joining Tivs at Coburg

1 month ago Schultz was 22. Polak 23.

Tivs is nudging 30. Talls players generally are not good stright away.

Getting rid of former 1st round KPP in their early 20s is not going to solve any problems.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »
polak another product of greg miller.

looks a spent force already. plays like a old man who cant move.

goodbye say hi to tivers for me..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

LOL resorting to childish comments because you can't handle a couple of simple FACTS that contradicted what you claimed  :rollin. Funny how you're so obsessed over Wallace you need to bring him into every topic when what I just said had nothing to do with him. Call me what you want Jack, I can tell you Connors was nowhere ready for senior footy due to a lack of match fitness whatever you want to say  :sleep. Morton, Jack, etc should never have been dropped for the same olds but Connors was running out of puff even at training FFS. But hey let's not FACTS get in the way of "mail"  ::).

Not childish at all. The kid was told he would get a game and he hasnt,end of story, dont bleed if he ends up at another club and does a dave rodan..
Not obsessed with Wallace either, just know after sitting behind him for 2 years he isnt the answer, end of discussion We will never climb the ladder with him. I rather have spud, at least you know where you stood, player wise ;)
Calling me a "wallace lover" is childish  ::). He'll be gone in 15 months so I'm not going to get my knickers in a knot. Rather spend the money in areas we need rather than pay deadmoney paying him out.

he will gone before this season is over not 15months
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »

he will gone before this season is over not 15months

Same people that want to sack the coach because the team isnt winning are the ones that want to tank.

Cant have it both ways retards.