Author Topic: This is now the Terry Wallace Hate Forum :'( ....or is there still hope!?  (Read 9981 times)

Hellenic Tiger

This week is a test for TW and the team.
A mini elimination final. Loser is mothballs for 2008 and our challenge against a team that has ridiculed us so many times and wants to prove their GF appearance last year was no fluke. The onus is on Terry to find a way stop Motlop as they will be seething losing their last home game to the Carlscumtank. Let's see how he prepares us and how we combat them.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
A mini elimination final. Loser is mothballs for 2008 and our challenge against a team that has ridiculed us so many times and wants to prove their GF appearance last year was no fluke. The onus is on Terry to find a way stop Motlop as they will be seething losing their last home game to the Carlscumtank. Let's see how he prepares us and how we combat them.

i have zero confidence HT.

we have proved ourselves time and time again we have no ticker in games that can help shape our season.

crunch game my ar-se hole this is our most important game of the year so far
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

we have proved ourselves time and time again we have no ticker in games that can help shape our season.

Daniel every game should be treated with the same significance. Why is it that this week we have not had our game with Port mentioned by TW as a crunch game as he did with the Melbourne one. Is it b/c we staved them off last minute and the wolves aren't banging as hard on our door as they were after our capitulation against the Crows. Terry should stop thinking about Terry and start thinking about the team. Is it the perception from TW that we have only won once in Adel v Port so a loss this week is an expectant result so long as we don't lose by a century is allright? Whereas the following week we need to win as its our centenary and we want to show the footy world how important we see this game.  Hence no dramatisation of this upcoming fixture by TW in his post match press conference and any other media outlets?That's b/s. All game should take the same precedence as at this stage of our season and so called development they have the same significance. Every game should be a crunch game regardless of opposition and circumstance b/c if TW wants to single out games as crunch ones for the players only when they have capitulated or failed disappointingly ,I am sure the board and the fans see it differently and see each game as a crunch one for him and will act accordingly when the time is right.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Daniel every game should be treated with the same significance. Why is it that this week we have not had our game with Port mentioned by TW as a crunch game as he did with the Melbourne one. Is it b/c we staved them off last minute and the wolves aren't banging as hard on our door as they were after our capitulation against the Crows. Terry should stop thinking about Terry and start thinking about the team. Is it the perception from TW that we have only won once in Adel v Port so a loss this week is an expectant result so long as we don't lose by a century is allright? Whereas the following week we need to win as its our centenary and we want to show the footy world how important we see this game.  Hence no dramatisation of this upcoming fixture by TW in his post match press conference and any other media outlets?That's b/s. All game should take the same precedence as at this stage of our season and so called development they have the same significance. Every game should be a crunch game regardless of opposition and circumstance b/c if TW wants to single out games as crunch ones for the players only when they have capitulated or failed disappointingly ,I am sure the board and the fans see it differently and see each game as a crunch one for him and will act accordingly when the time is right.

crunch games belong in my behind. they r comical at the very least..

the thing is i can picture the little voices in his head yelling "im in trouble here, the wolves are barking, you know what its time for Terry tools time, lets call it a crunch game"

ever friggen game is a crunch game. when i heard the players sign the ball, well that was the icing on the cake, i couldn't look at TW the tool no longer

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Wolves howl - Dogs Bark.

Give it a rest D-Mag your obsession is repetitious without innovation nor insight

More like a malbrowncontent but without the Sandover.

Con65

Yes i meant patrick bowden who was 24 and 2 or 3 months when we got him.  Bday is August 1981.

Thanks to those who already answered.

The issue of not starting rebuilding till later may stem from something Browny may have said on the Footy show last week, but when you look at the turnover of players...it started on day 1.

We really havent gone for top ups...eg could have gone for pickett welsh hudson johnson over the past couple of years...the 'older' players we got were in effect: graham who Thursty has said has to this day helped him with the position of full back...and kingsley which didnt work and arguably Knobel...and we all agree we need ruckmen until our kids developed.

Keep it going TW some of the silent majority are not so silent and with you ....we dont sit behind the fence (computer) and snipe at you.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes i meant patrick bowden who was 24 and 2 or 3 months when we got him.  Bday is August 1981.

The issue of not starting rebuilding till later may stem from something Browny may have said on the Footy show last week, but when you look at the turnover of players...it started on day 1.

We really havent gone for top ups...eg could have gone for pickett welsh hudson johnson over the past couple of years...the 'older' players we got were in effect: graham who Thursty has said has to this day helped him with the position of full back...and kingsley which didnt work and arguably Knobel...and we all agree we need ruckmen until our kids developed.

Keep it going TW some of the silent majority are not so silent and with you ....we dont sit behind the fence (computer) and snipe at you.

by the sound of things your in bed with the man

Hellenic Tiger

What would you call Mark Graham?
I call him a waste of a pick and a top up. Could have put a kid in his place from day 1 but a pick like Graham added with Kellaway and Gaspar proved he felt our backline was sound and thus of the notion that we could stem the tide and possibly make the 8. Hence appease the fans who have been starved of siccess and increase his mystique and aura that indeed yes he was the Messiah being ablr to turn things around so quickly.
 After a 7-2 start many believed him. Fooled us once. Injuries such as Brownys and some other to less notable players as well as us playing above ourselves and trying to impact and impress the new regime saw us fall 1.5 games out side the 8.
How about in 2006 many floggings from top 8 sides Dogs Saints Swans by over 100 pts. Eagles by 88. Still we finished 9th with a record of 11-11 and a percentage of 88% yet many thought the inveitable and we were to take the following step. Fooled us twice.

Rebuild came 2 years too late and yes some of our youngsters are okay and coming along nicely we still need to draw from the well of draft picks for a few more players. Don't let Terry fool you again that is all I am saying. Many psychologically call politicians liars and scumbags and find any conspiracy for any policy they come up with yet for some reason those same people remain loyal to footy coaches and recruiters merely because of peoples loyalties to a footy club and that they would never do anything to compromise it due to some misconception they have. Come on guys the man is selling us snake oil and when this partnership between club and coach end watch the vitriol come out of the car salesman mouth to undermine the club and its direction something he was not willing to reveal whilst he was getting a pay cheque. If he was a man he'd have stood up to it and done all this finger pointing earlier.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
exactly

kingsley also occupied a spot on the list which a younger guy would have had.

yeah we r rebuilding lets go after kingsley and graham

my theory is TW misjudged our list  and hence recruited K.Kingsley as the missing link he hoped would get us into the top 8.

well that didn't turn out now well did it TW.

Con65

by the sound of things your in bed with the man[/quote]

Daniel161, that is pretty intellectual.  Well said, i hope that helped you feel better about yourself.  When you dont have anything constructive to say, play the man not the bal.  :clapping

Con65

What would you call Mark Graham?
I call him a waste of a pick and a top up. Could have put a kid in his place from day 1 but a pick like Graham added with Kellaway and Gaspar proved he felt our backline was sound and thus of the notion that we could stem the tide and possibly make the 8. Hence appease the fans who have been starved of siccess and increase his mystique and aura that indeed yes he was the Messiah being ablr to turn things around so quickly.
 After a 7-2 start many believed him. Fooled us once. Injuries such as Brownys and some other to less notable players as well as us playing above ourselves and trying to impact and impress the new regime saw us fall 1.5 games out side the 8.
How about in 2006 many floggings from top 8 sides Dogs Saints Swans by over 100 pts. Eagles by 88. Still we finished 9th with a record of 11-11 and a percentage of 88% yet many thought the inveitable and we were to take the following step. Fooled us twice.

Rebuild came 2 years too late and yes some of our youngsters are okay and coming along nicely we still need to draw from the well of draft picks for a few more players. Don't let Terry fool you again that is all I am saying. Many psychologically call politicians liars and scumbags and find any conspiracy for any policy they come up with yet for some reason those same people remain loyal to footy coaches and recruiters merely because of peoples loyalties to a footy club and that they would never do anything to compromise it due to some misconception they have. Come on guys the man is selling us snake oil and when this partnership between club and coach end watch the vitriol come out of the car salesman mouth to undermine the club and its direction something he was not willing to reveal whilst he was getting a pay cheque. If he was a man he'd have stood up to it and done all this finger pointing earlier.
1 As for Graham, i think i already called him an older recruit.  But we lacked a bigger bodied defender in 05.  We had already recruited a whole bunch of kids.  See my earlier post.  Graham's influence is still being felt at the club: see Thursty's article earlier this year where he credits Gas and Graham for helping him learn the FB role.  He said he still speaks to them regularly.  Tell me which kid he kept out of the team in the 05 season? Answer = no one, as no one was ready to play senior footy.

2 How did drafting so many new players in 04 and 05 and playing them i might add...consitute not rebuilding.  Maybe you would have been happy drafting 38 new kids...had us lose every week then call for TW's head cos we lost each week. 

3 Not loyal to the coach cos i am loyal to the footy club.  I just see the plain facts: our recruiting was poor in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and we are paying the price now.  It is now that we dont have the 28, 27, 26, 25 and 24 yos to build a team around.  Last night on Footy Classifieds, Peter Jackson said that essendon are now paying the price for poor recruiting in 1999 to 2001.  Well our recruiting was worse over a longer period.

exactly

kingsley also occupied a spot on the list which a younger guy would have had.

yeah we r rebuilding lets go after kingsley and graham

my theory is TW misjudged our list  and hence recruited K.Kingsley as the missing link he hoped would get us into the top 8.

well that didn't turn out now well did it TW.

Kingsley is a guy that could kick up to 8 goals in a game of AFL footy.  Guys like that dont grow on trees.  It didnt work out, no biggie.  Who was drafted after him that is a gun that we missed out on?  Back up your comments with facts...who? The best player drafted after him was Cameron Cloke...wow...world beater that he is.

Take off your anti-Wallace glasses ..face facts..our list was in a deplorable state and until we have a number of players reaching 24 to 28 yos of age...we will not be dominant...Wallace was right, our window will be 2011 by then you would have a number of players with over 100 games to their names like Lids Bling Foley Thursty Moore...then cometh the hour of the tiger.

As for snake skin oil...i heard it tastes great in baclava

jackstar

Poll is interesting

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame

Take off your anti-Wallace glasses ..face facts..our list was in a deplorable state and until we have a number of players reaching 24 to 28 yos of age...we will not be dominant...Wallace was right, our window will be 2011 by then you would have a number of players with over 100 games to their names like Lids Bling Foley Thursty Moore...then cometh the hour of the tiger.

As for snake skin oil...i heard it tastes great in baclava

You are killing them Con65! Cold hard facts are hard to argue against....well with any credibility in any event.  :)

I'm enjoying the debate

Stripes

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Not convinced on the back of the other night that we have improved at all. We beat lowly Melbourne more convincingly LAST season.

Wallace and his coaching staff need to be fully reviewed at seasons end.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Poll is interesting

I'm surprized too Jack. I didn't think TW had some much support on this site. TW seems to polarize the posters here - supporter or hater.

Stripes