Author Topic: This is now the Terry Wallace Hate Forum :'( ....or is there still hope!?  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
FWIW Stripes...people 'round here won't be happy no matter what path the club takes. One minute they want us to tank, the next they complain that the duds get picked...It seems the minority is always the loudest just like in real life. Over 500 members here...well maybe 11 with numerous aliases at least :rollin but only the loud minority that keep going on and on and on...Gary Lyon's Richmond cloggers reside right here  :wallywink

My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
Quote from: daniel161
thats nice WP but i dont have any agenda at all, have never worked for the club and i agree 100% with what jack says about this man.

Maybe i go a bit too far but such is my dislike of this man and what he has brought to this great club of ours.

He is as bad as any coach that we have had in the past 15 years.

let the record speak for itself

Short memory...you've got a....shooooort memory  :banghead

My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
It's kind of funny.  I was a bit like the person who started this thread where I've started to view this forum as some kind of haven for the most vocal anti-wallace fans.  (many of whose comments I generally don't mind reading)

It's only a tiny proportion of all site members (let alone richmond fans) but out of the 15 people who voted 11 think wallace is doing ok even if a couple don't particularly like him as a person.  1 isn't sure and 3 are dead against him as a person and coach.

Talk about dogs being wagged by tails. :D

Ramps

As the Bhoutros Bhoutros Ghali of OER, I am pleased to announce that I am the only poster who has shown independence.

I am the only one who has voted that he is unsure of Wallace as Coach and unsure as to the success of his plan.

That means that I have taken the middle ground lol. You can all trust Ramps to fix the problems of the RFC  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

Does anyone have a picture of Boutros Boutros Ghali  :D

You don't have to be Boutros Boutros Ghali
You can be U Thant or Kofi Anan if you like :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rohan Connolly gives Wallace a C-
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 03:23:12 AM »
Craig, Clarkson, Eade and Roos top 2008 class.
Rohan Connolly | June 15, 2008

TERRY WALLACE (Richmond) C-

A month-long period of genuine hope for the Tigers seems to have evaporated all too quickly. Richardson's move to a wing was inspired, and kids such as White, Riewoldt and Edwards have been encouraging, but Richmond hasn't turned good signs into enough material rewards. Wallace will feel the heat if the second half of season doesn't deliver more.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/craig-clarkson-eade-and-roos-top-2008-class/2008/06/14/1213321695696.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
The poll probably reveals more than the posts on this thread. Over half the people who voted believe in Wallace and believe in his plan.

I agree that it does appear to be the minority that seems to be the loadest on this forum which is unfortunate.

I just hope that we can actually start to discuss the club, players and games without always decending into the same old retric. Fingers posters keep to topic and keep the negative bantor to a mininum fro here on end  :pray  .....well I can dream can't I? :sleep ;)

Stripes

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Hello I asked a question are you going to answer it  :whistle

I was also interested to read on another thread that you reckon if we lose the next 3 games then Wallace is gone.

Is this another one of your "get out of jail statements" ?

What happens if he wins 1 out of 3, 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3.

When is the next "d-day". What round?

You said at the start of the season he'd be gone by what was it round 6, then it was 8 after that I am not sure but he is still there...

Jack are you going to answer my questions? Again you avoid answering them ::)

To me at least that speaks volumes - I thought what I asked was reasonable based on what you have said constantly over the last 6 months in particular

And what did you reply with?

This:

Whats funny WP, YOU dont get it.
He cant coach!
Thats why we are what we are.

That aint no answer to the question it is just another rant

FWIW Stripes...people 'round here won't be happy no matter what path the club takes. One minute they want us to tank, the next they complain that the duds get picked...

Exactly FWOY - it seems the RFC are in a no win situation here to a minority. We win and it's "why  ??? we should be tanking". We lose and the very same people who want the tank say "sack the coach we should be winning"

IMO you can't have it both ways.

For the first time in good knows how long this Club actually has a plan. Take out Richo, Bowden, Brown and Johnson and we have the youngest list in the comp - that's a fact. Then look at how many have been turned over in the last 3 season and you don't need a science degree to know another cut will be made at the end of this season. We will draft more kids. It was never going to happen over night.

Some people may not like the person who introduced the plan and he may or may not be the right person to see the plan through but at least he came to the place with a bloody plan which is more than we can say for some of the nuff nuffs that went before
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
WP i would have a lot more respect for TW if he started to rebuild when he first came to punt road, that he did not.
bowden, kinglsey, mcmahon, hyde, tivendale. these r not names you would assign to a coach who was wanting to as you all say REBUILD.

thats it, thats my main issue.

dont any of you ever say to me that TW was all for he rebuild from day 1 cause thats rubbish.

If he turned over the list with the rubbish names i mentioned above then we would sitting in a much better position than where we are now.

Our recruiting is still out of sorts, surely you must agree with me there or do you still think patto, tambling, meyer will be worth their high draft picks.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

Hello I asked a question are you going to answer it  :whistle

I was also interested to read on another thread that you reckon if we lose the next 3 games then Wallace is gone.

Is this another one of your "get out of jail statements" ?

What happens if he wins 1 out of 3, 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3.

When is the next "d-day". What round?

You said at the start of the season he'd be gone by what was it round 6, then it was 8 after that I am not sure but he is still there...

Jack are you going to answer my questions? Again you avoid answering them ::)

To me at least that speaks volumes - I thought what I asked was reasonable based on what you have said constantly over the last 6 months in particular

And what did you reply with?

This:

Whats funny WP, YOU dont get it.
He cant coach!
Thats why we are what we are.

That aint no answer to the question it is just another rant

FWIW Stripes...people 'round here won't be happy no matter what path the club takes. One minute they want us to tank, the next they complain that the duds get picked...

Exactly FWOY - it seems the RFC are in a no win situation here to a minority. We win and it's "why  ??? we should be tanking". We lose and the very same people who want the tank say "sack the coach we should be winning"

IMO you can't have it both ways.

For the first time in good knows how long this Club actually has a plan. Take out Richo, Bowden, Brown and Johnson and we have the youngest list in the comp - that's a fact. Then look at how many have been turned over in the last 3 season and you don't need a science degree to know another cut will be made at the end of this season. We will draft more kids. It was never going to happen over night.

Some people may not like the person who introduced the plan and he may or may not be the right person to see the plan through but at least he came to the place with a bloody plan which is more than we can say for some of the nuff nuffs that went before

Terrys coaching record isnt flash at Punt Road, none of us can chnage that.
I beleive there are moves "" behind the scenes"" to change the coach after the Centenary game, this I have been told be "" officals at AFL clubs.
And no, I wont mention who or what club, but the rumour is strong.
This has also been backed up by our president at the start of the year by saying that we will let our football do the talking.
Might also add the game plan that has been seen this year is a disgrace.
Short kicking of 10-15 metres , laterally. The last half last week and the entire Swans was a disgrace.
Interesting, lose today see what happens, we should win by 12 goals if we are any good or have improved at all, lets just let the football do the talking
Thank you.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Does anyone have a picture of Boutros Boutros Ghali  :D

Yes, it is next to Gareth Gareth Evans website

I understand it is currently residing around Cheryl's place on the Gold Coast

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond

dont any of you ever say to me that TW was all for he rebuild from day 1 cause thats rubbish.

If he turned over the list with the rubbish names i mentioned above then we would sitting in a much better position than where we are now.

What about the rubbish names and other names he has cut Daniel?

Fleming, Weller, Ben Marsh, Fletcher, Archibald, Tom Roach, Morrison, my mate Bill Nicholls, Alex Gilmour, Hilton, Andy Krakouer, Knobel, Limbach to name a few....

And then you look at the list now and the number of kids under the age of 22 and yeah I think it is fair to say we are and have been rebuiding

Our recruiting is still out of sorts, surely you must agree with me there or do you still think patto, tambling, meyer will be worth their high draft picks.

Tambling and Pattison - yeap IMV worth their high draft picks. Jury out on Meyer because of the injuries etc

Using that argument were the Hawks right in using high draft picks on Dowler & Muston? No one worries about that because they are winning. What about the Bombers with Keppler Bradley?

Drafting can be and is hit and miss - just last night during the final minutes of the Swans -v- Saints game they were talking about Hayes and saying the Swans could have had Lenny Hayes at pick 5. The Swans used pick 5 on Ryan Fitzgerald - you know that twit from Big Brother and star of the Subway commercials  ;). The Saints took Hayes at pick 11. No guesses who made the right call? 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Terrys coaching record isnt flash at Punt Road, none of us can chnage that.
I beleive there are moves "" behind the scenes"" to change the coach after the Centenary game, this I have been told be "" officals at AFL clubs.
And no, I wont mention who or what club, but the rumour is strong.
This has also been backed up by our president at the start of the year by saying that we will let our football do the talking.
Might also add the game plan that has been seen this year is a disgrace.
Short kicking of 10-15 metres , laterally. The last half last week and the entire Swans was a disgrace.
Interesting, lose today see what happens, we should win by 12 goals if we are any good or have improved at all, lets just let the football do the talking
Thank you.

:clapping :clapping no thank you Jack for actually answering the question.

Disappointing you had to throw in one of your standard moans about the game plan but I guess we cant have everything ;D

So what you are saying or implying is that yet again, is that we are dealing in rumours and speculation and it appears it is coming from other CLubs no less  :-\

Terrific

Thank you

:gotigers

And I do agree we should win today  ;)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
WP i would have a lot more respect for TW if he started to rebuild when he first came to punt road, that he did not.
bowden, kinglsey, mcmahon, hyde, tivendale. these r not names you would assign to a coach who was wanting to as you all say REBUILD.

thats it, thats my main issue.

We had so many players that were poor to average when TW first arrived we couldn't get rid of all of them at once and replace them with all young fellows. In the first two years we turned over a huge amount of dead wood and recruited as many players through the draft that we could. Players such as Bowden, Tiv, Petts etc are the quality or top end of those average players that need to be removed but for the last four years they have been servicable.

It is a sad indictment on the club that players such as Tiv and Petts are still at the club not because of TW list management but because they are not the worst that have been on our list but infact that they were once some of the best.

We you look at it that way TW has done an amazing rebuild to date but it is far from over....

Stripes

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Nail on head stripes.

I was with the wallace and miller haters tonight and said the same thing.

He has had 3 1/2 years and we have acheived a hell of a lot in that time. Only thing, that the proof will not be in the pudding for 2 - 3 years.

You cannot turn everyone over at once and play all the kids all the time.

One thing in TW's article about riewoldt going back to coburg and getting his bearings was spot on, do people see and understand these things or are they just to blind. I think Riewoldt will now see out the year.

I said to the guys 'If we get rid of wallace, what are the options ?' as usual no real answer, so I say what is the point.

Side note: mate asked Mccrae about Rance, he was really close last week and will get his go soon. See the future people and have just a little more patience and most of all at least try and be supportive.  :gotigers