Author Topic: Season's over - Bowden & Hyde need to go!  (Read 8575 times)

Ramps

Re: Season's over - Bowden & Hyde need to go!
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »
I did a ladder predictor last night, if we play our cards right and some other games go our way, we can finish 15th  :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2008, 03:27:55 PM »
Bowden is in our top 5 performers at present & anyone thinking that our game is based around him is deluded. Bowden has been patching up key positions now for years & its about time people let him play his football & not criticise him. Its not easy being chucked around the ground to cover for this & that position.
If Joel was put up for trade,  he would be one of the most sort after player by every other club, his still got at least 3 to 4 years in him the way his getting the ball.  If he left the club it would be a shame he had to play for someone else & prove his all talent. his got alot of honors playing football, you dont get much higher than All Australian, & dual back to back JD medals, his averaging 30+ possessions lately & that is still not enough for some supporters who must bag him out cause they think we be a better side without him. if the other players pulled themselves together & grew some balls,  we be in a better position like the Hawks, Bulldogs,  Brisbane, Adelaide & Carlton who have all rebuilt after hitting rock bottom. We have the players, its just they need to learn to jell together better & put in alittle extra instead of thinking its going to get given to them after 50 games of football they may all find they will become 200 game nothings fast

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2008, 03:28:16 PM »

if Joel gets dropped from the side and we don't lift our intensity then I'll be proven wrong
no, it wouldn't actually prove anything

« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:56:53 PM by Gordon Bennett »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »
Bowden is in our top 5 performers at present & anyone thinking that our game is based around him is deluded. Bowden has been patching up key positions now for years & its about time people let him play his football & not criticise him. Its not easy being chucked around the ground to cover for this & that position.
If Joel was put up for trade,  he would be one of the most sort after player by every other club, his still got at least 3 to 4 years in him the way his getting the ball.  If he left the club it would be a shame he had to play for someone else & prove his all talent. his got alot of honors playing football, you dont get much higher than All Australian, & dual back to back JD medals, his averaging 30+ possessions lately & that is still not enough for some supporters who must bag him out cause they think we be a better side without him. if the other players pulled themselves together & grew some balls,  we be in a better position like the Hawks, Bulldogs,  Brisbane, Adelaide & Carlton who have all rebuilt after hitting rock bottom. We have the players, its just they need to learn to jell together better & put in alittle extra instead of thinking its going to get given to them after 50 games of football they may all find they will become 200 game nothings fast
Oh dear, I dearly would love to see him shopped around at the end of the year. He won't get us a thing, other clubs don't rate him at all. Williams paid him no respect and Ratten structured their attacks through his opponent. We've needed to trade away a good player for years to try and get extra picks, so I certainly hope he can land us something like a 2nd rounder, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Richmond supporters really do have jaded views over the quality of our old players. It's like guys like Knights, Campbell & Free being considered such stars when at the end of the day they were career failures as footballers. They were the best of a bad bunch and Bowden is one of those. Richo was the only one who was a bonefide gun and still is.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »
Oh dear, I dearly would love to see him shopped around at the end of the year. He won't get us a thing, other clubs don't rate him at all. Williams paid him no respect and Ratten structured their attacks through his opponent. We've needed to trade away a good player for years to try and get extra picks, so I certainly hope he can land us something like a 2nd rounder, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

bla bla bla  :sleep :sleep :sleep
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »
That's funny as every time I read your crap on here it doesn't get through my cack filter
Im not sure if you've actually typed "blah" or it's just my mind blocking out more rubbish

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »
That's funny as every time I read your crap on here it doesn't get through my cack filter
Im not sure if you've actually typed "blah" or it's just my mind blocking out more rubbish

Shannon sounds like a bloke to me.

I wonder why his profile has him as female?

???

Ramps

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »

I believe Blah Blah Blah is one of my tag lines  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »
Richmond supporters really do have jaded views over the quality of our old players. It's like guys like Knights, Campbell & Free being considered such stars when at the end of the day they were career failures as footballers. They were the best of a bad bunch and Bowden is one of those. Richo was the only one who was a bonefide gun and still is.

just shows your football knowledge is very low
Bowden was voted all Australian 2 times by a panel of elite footballers
poo footballers dont get in the All Australian side
just wondering your comment on Richo being the only gun ??? has he ever been named All Australian

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
Early in this thread I thought I was alone on the "Joel is a good footballer" front but now I know that Infamy is in the minority. Differnence of opinions on players will always be a feature of football websites and none more than a Tiger one (we are known to eat our young).

I was tempted to start a thread with a pole (a simple one with a yes/no answer) to see if Joel should be in the side NOW. The trouble is it would prove nothing apart from we all think different about players. To me he is class and would be welcomed into any team. None of these "team did this or that" when he was in or out proves me wrong. Its a team game and any of that stuff revolving around a singe player is just guff. Hope he is here to stay for a while yet.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »
No doubt that Joel has credits in the bank as a duel B&F and AA, and is in our current best 22 in 2008.

I think the key issue is whether Joel will be in our best side come round 16 in 2009.

His experience maybe handy should there be a genuine tilt at finals in 09, however it is also possible that a youngster may have also passed him by and that he is an 09 clogger.

If he is out of contract, I'd look at a reduced 1 year 15 round deal.

If he doesn't like it he can always hock his wares and receive the players market feedback.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 04:21:31 AM »

just shows your football knowledge is very low
Bowden was voted all Australian 2 times by a panel of elite footballers
pooh footballers dont get in the All Australian side
just wondering your comment on Richo being the only gun ??? has he ever been named All Australian

Richo was AA in 96. He'll probably get in this year too named on a wing.

A positive about the side this week is there's no Hyde, Tivs or Petts. All are playing VFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »

Richo was AA in 96. He'll probably get in this year too named on a wing.

A positive about the side this week is there's no Hyde, Tivs or Petts. All are playing VFL.

are you sure about that MT,  show me the team

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 12:29:35 PM »
Tigermonk I'll start that poll for you to see Joels value around this site.

Stripes