Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 195336 times)

tony_montana

Re: Lids
« Reply #1740 on: January 27, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »
No one is disputing that Lids isn't a gun player, but is there anyone here that actually believes he's gotten anywhere near the best out of himself? He has the capacity to go to a much higher level

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1741 on: January 27, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »
im not going to go here except to say i agree with tm.
while deledio has been very good there are parts of his game that has stopped him becoming an outright superstar in the ablett league. imo he has never ever used his size and speed to the utmost of advantage and just hasnt taken the game on enough.

i dont think he wins enough contested ball hence we have seen him totally eclipsed in games when a hard tag is put on him.he needs a harder edge to his game.
 imo he  doesnt hunt the player with the ball enough so i have a knock on the defensive side of his game, would love to see him run down players and lay many more  tackles or do it more often.. finally imo for the role he performs for us   he just doesnt win enough clearances i havent looked but hed be lucky to gey more than 2 or 3 clearances a game.. ive always wanted to see him hit the edges of packs at pace break or evade a tackle and run at the opposition.

look im not saying hes terrible or poor in these areas hes shown he can do all these things well and the odd yr hes done em  consistently well. i certainly believe they are areas that can be significantly improved just by doing them more.  i suppose thats the frusrating thing we know what hes capable of but we dont get the well rounded version often enough imo.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1742 on: January 27, 2015, 06:38:00 PM »
No one is disputing that Lids isn't a gun player, but is there anyone here that actually believes he's gotten anywhere near the best out of himself? He has the capacity to go to a much higher level

X2.

If he's such an elite player for our club, where are the string of best and fairests? Only won 2 and that was when there was virtually no competition.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1743 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:25 PM »
The only person who can truly answer that is Lids.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1744 on: January 27, 2015, 08:23:05 PM »
The only person who can truly answer that is Lids.

Or his coach
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1745 on: January 27, 2015, 08:59:42 PM »
Lids ain't thick enough in the waist. Not enough core strength for that contested ball. Even if he was, he's not tough enough upstairs. He can take a hit, put up with some pain etc, but would never have the balls to get in somebody's face.

Cotch is a better leader but still not good enough.

Captain material for me - Rance or Maric.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1746 on: January 27, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »
some of the comments on here are quite amusing. really enlightening. NOT

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1747 on: January 27, 2015, 10:57:41 PM »
Very harsh comments in this thread. People have forgotten that Deledio played his first 100 games in a rubbish team that was continually getting flogged by 100 points. Did anyone consider that Brett may have selflessly said to the club that the experience of his first few years of his career may not have shaped him for the job?

On the question of skill, if captaincy went on skill alone Deledio would have won the job hands down then, and still would.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1748 on: January 27, 2015, 11:04:54 PM »
Very harsh comments in this thread. People have forgotten that Deledio played his first 100 games in a rubbish team that was continually getting flogged by 100 points. Did anyone consider that Brett may have selflessly said to the club that the experience of his first few years of his career may not have shaped him for the job?

On the question of skill, if captaincy went on skill alone Deledio would have won the job hands down then, and still would.

So he's the most skilled player in the team?
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1749 on: January 27, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
Cotchin would be the best player in the comp if he had Deledio's kicking skills  :gotigers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1750 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »
Cotchin may be a better leader but I honestly believe Deledio is the best player on our list, Jack Dyer medals or not.
He's not immune to criticism but if you bag Lids, you'll bag anyone.
Fantastic skills and highly durable. Every club in the competition would jump at having him on their list in a heartbeat.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1751 on: January 28, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »
Cotchin & Martin are both better than Deledio and, IMO, Vlastuin will be too.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1752 on: January 28, 2015, 03:18:44 PM »
Cotchin may be a better leader but I honestly believe Deledio is the best player on our list, Jack Dyer medals or not.
He's not immune to criticism but if you bag Lids, you'll bag anyone.
Fantastic skills and highly durable. Every club in the competition would jump at having him on their list in a heartbeat.
whos bagging anyone.
geez if some of you blokes were coaches your players would never improve because your too afraid to talk about weaknesses or things they could do really well instead of just well.
martins another should be out and out elite. should be one of the best all round mids in the comp but he isnt.   there are some areas hes actually poor in mostly defensive issues and the c/p ratio.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers carefully managing sore Deledio (afl site)
« Reply #1753 on: February 11, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »
Tigers carefully managing sore Deledio

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
February 11, 2015 12:54 PM

RICHMOND vice-captain Brett Deledio is being carefully managed by the Tigers' fitness staff after developing soreness in his problematic Achilles tendon.

Wary of how much the 27-year-old was affected by the persistent injury when it flared in the early rounds of last season, the Tigers are taking no chances this summer.

Deledio was kept back from this week's community camp visit to East Gippsland, along with captain Trent Cotchin, midfielder Dustin Martin and others dealing with minor ailments.

Cotchin and Martin are managing hamstring soreness and on a specific strength program designed to speed up their recovery.

Deledio was sidelined between rounds three and six last year with the Achilles problem but has admitted he didn't get his speed back until around the round 12 mark.

He was then able to go on and be instrumental in the Tigers' revival, playing a key role forward where he kicked 20 goals for the year.

He's carried the Achilles issue for at least two years and is no stranger to managing it during the summer months.

The Tigers will play their first NAB Challenge match on February 28 against the Western Bulldogs at Whitten Oval.

Coach Damien Hardwick has already said the Tigers would take in a young squad – likely under 23 – for their first game, and bring in the older players later in the series.

Reece Conca (knee), Corey Ellis (foot) and Ben Lennon (hip) are likely to be unavailable for at least the first hit-out.

They're not expecting the hiccups to Deledio, Martin and Cotchin's programs to hinder their preparation for the pre-season competition or round one, which is on April 2 for the Tigers.

"While we understand the importance of engaging with our fans in regional communities, the decision to leave a number of players out of our community camp was made with player welfare and preparation for the season ahead at the forefront of our minds," football manager Dan Richardson told the club's website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-11/safety-first-for-deledio

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Tigers carefully managing sore Deledio (afl site)
« Reply #1754 on: February 11, 2015, 05:35:05 PM »
Here we go again....

Star players injured. Star players shopping themselves around...

But don't worry,  we are on the up as a club  ::)

"Sliding doors moment.