Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 222470 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #945 on: March 27, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
Did Coach say anything interesting? I normally forget what I have posted about 24 hours later.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #946 on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
God bless lids   8)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #947 on: March 27, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Did Coach say anything interesting? I normally forget what I have posted about 24 hours later.

:yep :yep

:jump :jump

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #948 on: March 27, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
I went back and had a look and I have made 4 posts in this thread. All pro Lids. What's interesting about that Will ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #949 on: March 27, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
:clapping

x2

I'll leave it at that - was never in doubt  ;D

Like Hardwick this deal was in the bag weeks before it was announced. RFC has become a very professional outfit, they run timelines and announces when it best suits the overall strategy. Its very good. PS - I think we got him really cheap 600k a year is cheap IMHO. A great deal for everyone IMHO. :clapping
On the timelines, i expected to hear something tomorrow or perhaps today, but with the announcement on monday, it gives the club a couple of days before the game to use it to re-sign more members;

Text received this morning
BDeledio: Alistair, there's nothing more i want to do than play for the Tigers and have signed on to be a tiger for life. I would love for for you to sign on and help us to 50,000 members.

and a short while later;
Lids has signed on for the next 5 years and we want you to sign as well. Text "Lids" for one of our memberships staff to call you to renew your membership

smart marketing!

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #950 on: March 27, 2012, 04:32:10 PM »
I went back and had a look and I have made 4 posts in this thread. All pro Lids. What's interesting about that Will ;D

thought this one was a funny one Coach  ;D

Wouldn't be the first time Bojangleburg has responded to a perfectly reasonable post as if it was written by Tony Shaw.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #951 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #952 on: March 27, 2012, 09:29:43 PM »
Cameron Mooney thinks five years is too long for Brett Deledio contract

Tim O'Rourke
    March 27, 2012

FORMER Geelong premiership player Cameron Mooney has questioned Richmond's decision to sign Brett Deledio to a five-year contract, claiming it may lead to future salary cap pressure for the Tigers.

Speaking on Melbourne radio, Mooney was adamant that long, lucrative contracts like Deledio's were risky propositions for AFL clubs.

"It's such a long time and a lot of money to be locking away on one player," Mooney told SEN.

"What are they going to do with Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt when they come out of contract? Give them all five-year deals?"

The Tigers have recently been busy securing key personnel before the start of the 2012 season proper, with Deledio joining key forward Tyrone Vickery and senior coach Damien Hardwick having signed long-term deals.

While Mooney said the Tigers were right to look for stability at the club, he questioned the merits of giving such a long contract to just one player.

"At Geelong we had to look at the team as a whole and say 'do we want money or premiership glory?'"

"Blokes could have been paid a lot more than what they were earning, but we wanted to share the money around and keep everyone together."

Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin are all out of contract at the end of 2013, however the club will be looking to secure them well before then.

The Tigers take on the Blues in their blockbuster season opener on Thursday night and many tipsters, including Mooney, have jumped on the yellow and black bandwagon.

"I saw them down in Geelong a couple of weeks ago and they were very impressive. Carlton has some big outs down back so on current form you would have to go with the Tiges."

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-mooney-thinks-five-years-is-too-long-for-brett-deledio-contract/story-e6frg1x3-1226311446499

TigerTimeII

« Reply #953 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
i could see his point if it was a 5 yr deal worth 5 million, but its not its a 5 yr deal at 2.5-3 million , so i think mooney should rethink all he said

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #954 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:51 PM »
yep, his argument hinges on how much we are paying Lids. Fact is he's coming relatively cheap so Mooney's argument is void.

gerkin greg

« Reply #955 on: March 27, 2012, 09:59:31 PM »
Mooney is just bitter because Bartel, GAJ, Selwood, Chappy, Scarlett, Ottens, & Stevie J took all the coin and told the b & c graders to pull their heads in if they want to play in a flag side

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2012, 10:06:27 PM »
tbh I thought the dollar value would have been higher ...on open market lids could command 700k+...heck if scully is 1.2 than perhaps lids is 2.5. :shh..anyhow...by stretching the term meant we indeed do have more remaining in the cap as the 3m is stretched alot further than say 2.5 over 3 . Mooney probably needs to put the teeth in and brain into gear before he comments in the future :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
No doubt great news now but I wonder how happy everyone will be about the term of this contract if Lids does a knee this year..

Please smile on us injury gods. Browny and Cogs were surely penance.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »
Deledio took less than what he could. I expect Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin will also take unders when the time comes, I think we will be big players when Free Agency is in full swing and I expect that we will be big winners from free agency.

gerkin greg

« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
Selwood just signed a 5 yr deal at Geelong lmfao  :lol