Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 194408 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #600 on: January 13, 2012, 01:10:28 AM »
Agree dwaino. Based on the rumoured names linked to the Suns in 2010 and GWS last year being on the money, it's a positive that Lids' name isn't in the news on that front. The rumour mill will continue to be focussed on Goddard and Pendelbury this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: January 13, 2012, 06:23:54 AM »
Franklin will be a million dollar a year player (my estimate $1.0 million -1.2 million a year. Question is which club can afford it in the cap without stuffing up salary management.

Us Ramps.  We have made no secret of the fact that we are positioning ourselves to be able to do this very thing and we have bucketloads of room in our cap already.  Our challenge will be to get as many of our 'required' players onto frontloaded contracts so we can sustain a period of success.  Either that or get some of them an after hours tree-hugging job with Visy.

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #602 on: January 13, 2012, 08:01:39 AM »
Watch Carlton magically have room to snatch Franklin from under everyone's noses.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #603 on: January 13, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »
Watch Carlton magically have room to snatch Franklin from under everyone's noses.

Dead right.....happens all the time, why can't we do it and why can the big teams with surely NO room left in the salary cap... :huh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »
Franklin will not be leaving the Hawks. The talk of this happening is laughable  :lol I guess we have nothing more to talk about, so let's imagine:

Frankline, Riewoldt, Vickery, Griffths all in our forward line!  :gotigers Premiers in 2013-14-15-16-17  :birthday

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #605 on: January 13, 2012, 10:36:15 AM »
Franklin will not be leaving the Hawks. The talk of this happening is laughable  :lol I guess we have nothing more to talk about, so let's imagine:

Frankline, Riewoldt, Vickery, Griffths all in our forward line!  :gotigers Premiers in 2013-14-15-16-17  :birthday
I suspect that Franklin will end up being a Richo style one club player. He even has similar characteristics to our Beloved Richo as he makes the impossible look easy and the easy look impossible.  ;D

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: January 13, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
I agree, he will be a one club player. Franklin though will go down as a better player in the books than Richo. He has also already won 2 Coleman's and a Premiership medallion. From a fan's and Tigers perspective though, there will never be an equal to Richo!  :bow :cheers

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #607 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
I agree with whoever suggested trading Riewoldt for Buddy.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:24 PM »
From a fan's and Tigers perspective though, there will never be an equal to Richo!  :bow :cheers

Cheers to that!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »
I agree, he will be a one club player. Franklin though will go down as a better player in the books than Richo. He has also already won 2 Coleman's and a Premiership medallion. From a fan's and Tigers perspective though, there will never be an equal to Richo!  :bow :cheers

I think it's unfair to include premierships won when comparing players as that is a reflection of the team they play for rather than the player them self.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #610 on: January 13, 2012, 01:42:15 PM »

I think it's unfair to include premierships won when comparing players as that is a reflection of the team they play for rather than the player them self.
I wasn't so much comparing the players based on the Premieship medallion, moving more towards Buddy is in a successful team. If we were going down that path you would have idiots claiming Mooney was the bees knees as he has 3 Premiership medals.  :rollin

So just to clarify, in the books Buddy will be better because he has won 2 Coleman's, is a freak of a player and is in successful side as opposed to Richo.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
 :lol agrree about Mooney.

it just seems to be a habit of people to include premiership medallions when comparing players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #612 on: January 13, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

Yep, laughable...just like Ablett, Judd and Scully not leaving eh......

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »
I could find good reason for both of them to leave, but not so much Franklin.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: January 13, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »
I could find good reason for both of them to leave, but not so much Franklin.

Its all about the money nowdays Al, Scully left for it and so did Judd...Judds mum was looked after Scullies Dad was too.

"Rucks: