Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 194279 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #990 on: April 18, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
It's also Addam Maric's birthday. ooooooh who plays favourites  :shh

:clapping

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #991 on: April 18, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
It's also Addam Maric's birthday. ooooooh who plays favourites  :shh
Blame RFCO for that  ;D. I was just going by what he tweeted earlier today. He posted about mini Maric later on. Anyway it's easy to play favourites with Lids being one of our guns and a RFC life member at just 25  :thumbsup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #992 on: April 18, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
Lids will be on the footy show tommorow night, according to an ad I just saw. Hopefully he plays a good game on sunday as imo most that go on the show don't play well that week... ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #993 on: April 30, 2012, 02:53:25 AM »
Brett Deledio will have scans this week after he injured his knee in the second quarter, playing on with a heavily strapped leg.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/tigers-vow-to-rise-after-another-heartache/story-e6frf9jf-1226342119072

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #994 on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
If Lids get through the Port game unscathed then he'll bring up his 100th consecutive game against the Swans [touchwood].

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #995 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:51 AM »
That's 99 consecutive games down for Lids. His 100th next week.

Ch 7 showed a pre-recorded interview with Lids at half-time today. Lids spoke about the captaincy and how he wasn't that interested in it as one of his long-term aims earlier in his career as he didn't want the added responsibility. Now however as he's matured, he wouldn't say no to the captaincy [after Newy obviously].

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #996 on: May 07, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
Newman should have handed the captaincy to Lids after he told Wallace to resign. :lol what a joke that was

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #997 on: May 07, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
Interesting to see Dimma call all the leaders over yesterday at 3qtr time (did they show it on the tellie)

Dimma had his arms crossed and you just felt he was putting it on these blokes to get us back on track and make sure we won that bloody game

Lids had been doing it all day but in the final qtr he was THE LEADER

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #998 on: May 07, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »
Interesting to see Dimma call all the leaders over yesterday at 3qtr time (did they show it on the tellie)

Dimma had his arms crossed and you just felt he was putting it on these blokes to get us back on track and make sure we won that bloody game

Lids had been doing it all day but in the final qtr he was THE LEADER

No I didn't see that on the TV. Great coaching and leadership really. Lids is such a great player but the rap on him was that he was always a bit individualistic. An introvert and not a great fan of putting himself out for supporter either. Cotch on the other hand is always talking and bringing in his team mates. Lids seems to have changed but I would still believe Cotch is ahead of him as our next leader at this stage.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #999 on: May 07, 2012, 03:29:24 PM »
Chimp is next captain for sure. Hopefully Deledio is vice and Riewoldt isn't near ever captaining a game for us.

tony_montana

« Reply #1000 on: May 07, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »
Cotch is making Deledio climb to new levels as a player and person at the club imo. Think he was in a comfort zone and cruising as he was clearly our best player early on in his career(with the exception of richo) all of a sudden Cotch(amongst a few others) goes to another level last season and looks to be lifting again this season. Its almost like this has given Lids a wakeup and challenged him to go to another level. His numbers may not show any difference but he is influencing games a whole lot more this year, become a much more damaging player

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1001 on: May 07, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
Cotch is making Deledio climb to new levels as a player and person at the club imo. Think he was in a comfort zone and cruising as he was clearly our best player early on in his career(with the exception of richo) all of a sudden Cotch(amongst a few others) goes to another level last season and looks to be lifting again this season. Its almost like this has given Lids a wakeup and challenged him to go to another level. His numbers may not show any difference but he is influencing games a whole lot more this year, become a much more damaging player

The big difference is that the opposition now need to choose who to tag. When Lids used to play off the wing/midfield he was always the target of the tagger now the opposition see Cotch as our most damaging ball winner. I think Cotch should be our next Captain but I believe Lids is more damaging with the ball is hand....imo  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1002 on: May 13, 2012, 07:32:21 AM »
Last week ling said lids was our best player. Due to the abilty to kick over the zone.

During the 3rdQ when we were under the pump. Deledio moved the ball 150m starting in the back pocket ending with griggs goal.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1003 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:20 AM »
he is our rolls royce and i love how now he even wins and gets a hard ball. complete player

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1004 on: May 13, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
It's great to see the Italian stallions rise to the top. Deledio is proving this year how Italian he really is by his dominating performances. Add to this the improvement of Conca and it's plain to see the recruiters are finally on to something.   

Forza Italia!

P.s. Our young guns Cotchini and Martini aren't bad players either.
The club that keeps giving.