Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 194385 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #1785 on: May 05, 2015, 05:02:50 PM »
Badly needed.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1786 on: May 05, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »
all the more reason to wait at least another week to make sure he is right to go.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1787 on: May 05, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »
all the more reason to wait at least another week to make sure he is right to go.

'we can break him'

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Deledio could return as a sub against North Melbourne (afl site)
« Reply #1788 on: May 05, 2015, 10:45:08 PM »
Deledio could return as a sub against North Melbourne

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
May 5, 2015 4:48 PM

BRETT Deledio says he’s unlikely to play a full game if he returns from a calf injury this week against North Melbourne in Hobart.

The Richmond vice-captain hasn't played since the Tigers' round one win over Carlton and is desperate to face the Kangaroos on Saturday.

However Deledio admitted he would have to "wait and see" how he pulled up from Tuesday's training session before declaring his availability, and said there was a chance he could either start or end the game as a substitute if he played.

"If I pull up really well, then I'll 100 per cent put my hand up," Deledio told the club's website.

"I probably wouldn't play a full game but whether that means I'm vested one way or the other.

"But if that's the way it is, then I'll play my part and I'm happy with that.

"I've got to see how I'll pull up first. Fingers crossed - I'm doing everything right so far."

The 215-game veteran said he would be happy to play for Richmond's VFL side on Saturday at Punt Road against North Ballarat if directed to.

"I'm not above that at all. If I'm required to play there, then I will," he said.

Deledio said he had found it tough being sidelined with the Tigers losing three of their last four games.

He said he expected the team to revert to its pre-season expectation of setting "a high standard" after some costly mistakes in the past month.

"I understand that it is a lot easier (watching) from the stands, but I get very frustrated, more so just with really silly skill errors and things we can control," he said.

"We work so hard to get the ball out of congestion into someone's hands and then they'll drop it or we'll handball to their feet.

"That stuff I can't really accept or cop - not that me coming back is going to change that because you can't control it.

"But I certainly will be expecting a high standard and we've been driving that ourselves as a group the last couple of weeks."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/deledio-could-sub-in#sthash.N36PTaUF.dpuf

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1789 on: May 06, 2015, 06:08:38 AM »
That's just saying he should wait another week. If they play him....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1790 on: May 06, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
Glad to hear a play say he's not gonna cop basic skill errors like hand balling to feet which we do a lot. Comes back into the side expecting high standards. Maybe he's a better leader than I thiught

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio could return as a sub against North Melbourne (afl site)
« Reply #1791 on: May 06, 2015, 12:24:27 PM »
Deledio could return as a sub against North Melbourne

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
May 5, 2015 4:48 PM

The 215-game veteran said he would be happy to play for Richmond's VFL side on Saturday at Punt Road against North Ballarat if directed to.

"I'm not above that at all. If I'm required to play there, then I will," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-05/deledio-could-sub-in#sthash.N36PTaUF.dpuf

Chris Newman could learn a thing or two

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brett Deledio owns up to season-opening mistake .... (afl site)
« Reply #1792 on: May 18, 2015, 10:00:35 PM »
Lids' presser today ...

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-05-18/deledio-press-conference

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tigers star Brett Deledio owns up to season-opening mistake

Ben Guthrie 
afl.com.au
May 18, 2015

BRETT Deledio believes he is over the worst of the calf issues that have hampered the early part of his 2015 campaign.

The star Richmond midfielder aggravated the soleus muscle in his calf in the club's season opener against Carlton, forcing him to miss the next four games.

Deledio played restricted game time in his return against North Melbourne in round six before an outstanding performance against Collingwood on Sunday.

"We're over a bit of a hump now and we can start looking at getting a bit more training under my belt and not missing so many kicks out there like I did on the weekend," Deledio said at a footy clinic at Glen Waverley Secondary College on Monday.

Deledio kicked two clutch final-quarter goals against the Magpies, while helping himself to 30 disposals and 13 marks.

However he conceded he made a mistake in playing against the Blues in round one with a far-from-ideal pre-season preparation.

"I'm still happy I did play because I felt I played my part to help the boys get the win," Deledio said.

"But if I had have known I was going to miss four weeks after that, I probably would've missed."

The Tigers will return to the scene of their elimination final bloodbath, with a meeting against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval next on the cards on Sunday.

The Power smashed the Tigers by 57 points in September last year, stamping their authority with an eight-goal-to-one opening term.

"It is at the back of your mind because we were embarrassed with how we performed over there, especially on the big stage," Deledio said.

"It's a new year and another game against quality opposition who are coming off a loss."

Trent Cotchin's fateful decision to choose to kick against the wind after winning the toss in that game came back to bite.

"I'll make sure he (Cotchin) knows which way the wind's going," Deledio joked.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-18/tigers-star-brett-deledio-owns-up-to-seasonopening-mistake

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1793 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:10 PM »
The Deledio difference

Richmond barometer Brett Deledio again proved how influential he is to the Tigers' fortunes. His first quarter was electrifying with 10 touches (5 contested), three marks, two tackles, two clearances and a goal. The hot start meant Richmond was able to control the game. His ability to win the ball in the contest, penetrating kick and clean skills are what make him a star. He finished with 28 possessions (15 contested) and was best afield. Three out of Deledio's four games that he's played this season have been Tigers wins.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-24/five-talking-points-port-adelaide-v-richmond

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1794 on: May 24, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
Probably our most important player? We are just crap without him.

Need to get another like him in through Free Agency or trade.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1795 on: May 24, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »
He won't be around forever gotta learn to win without him

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1796 on: May 24, 2015, 11:27:55 PM »
B.O.G.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #1797 on: May 24, 2015, 11:40:07 PM »
will b a top 10 player in the comp very very soon if they leave him at HF

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1798 on: May 25, 2015, 02:09:33 AM »
he has always been an important cog to RFC and today was no exception. He's been with the club from the absolute darkest days and still his contribution to the club is phenomenal. Really stoked that the rest of the competition and commentators are beginning to see the quality player that is Brett Deledio

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1799 on: May 25, 2015, 02:47:01 AM »
Star forward
Caracella and Balmey.