Author Topic: Picks 8, 26, 58 and 70  (Read 21072 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Picks 8, 26, 58 and 70
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
FREO the list management, drafting and trading recruitment kings.

What will they do?, hopefully something stupid again so we can continue laughing at them

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2008, 03:17:17 AM »
I always thought that Rich would be WCE's pick, but now Natanui is 200cm and Seaby is looking like leaving at the end of the year, then I'm waivering. It could be Rich that then slips to 4th but either way, Port would be crazy to let him slip. That way Vickery is still a chance to fall to us, so it's all up to Freo.
Same here. I'd take Rich at #2. Going to be a gun!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »
Emma Quayle was on SEN this morning and reckons we'll get one of Vickery or Hartlett (whoever Port doesn't take) or Ziebell.

She has Hartlett at pick 8 in her top 10:

Melbourne: 1. Jack Watts

West Coast: 2. Nic Naitanui

Fremantle: 3. Daniel Rich (keen on Hill and Vickery)

PA: 4. Tyrone Vickery (Hartlett, Hill and Yarran also a chance)

Essendon: 5. Chris Yarran (if Rich or Hill fall they could come into play)

Scum: 6. Michael Hurley (Hartlett an option)

Brisbane: 7. Jack Ziebell (Hartlett or Sidebottom)

Richmond: 8. Hamish Hartlett (keen on Vickery or anyone else who drops such as Ziebell)

North: 9. L Johnston (Lisle is also keen, not too sure)

Adelaide: 10. Phil Davis (or Trengove)

Cordy - fair deal
Banner - late to rookie pick
Barolli - rookie pick

Just for the record here's her 2007 draft top 10 prediction from last year in the Age. She wasn't far off:

1. Carlton - Matthew Kreuzer
2. Richmond - Trent Cotchin
3. West Coast - Chris Masten
4. Melbourne - Cale Morton
5. Western Bulldogs - Jarrad Grant
6. Essendon - David Myers
(or Alex Rance, or Rhys Palmer)
7. Fremantle - Rhys Palmer
8. Brisbane Lions - Brad Ebert
(or Lachlan Henderson)
9. St Kilda - Lachlan Henderson
(or Ben McEvoy)
10. Adelaide - Alex Rance
(or Cyril Rioli)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12979622&postcount=1

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »
She was very close. Hope Rance lives up to his potential and earns a regular spot in the team next year. Just wondering if he does come in who would go out.

If her prediction is correct does anyone know much about Harlett?

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2008, 02:30:15 PM »
She was very close. Hope Rance lives up to his potential and earns a regular spot in the team next year. Just wondering if he does come in who would go out.

He will keep the pressure on, thats for sure on our backline players.

I think whoever will go out is who is not performing unless he demands selection by his form and then it will be some unlucky bastard.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
3aw just had Adrian Caruso from the AFL prospectus on talking about the draft. He didn't mention Richmond but here is what he said.

* He orders his selections on talent in his opinion rather than what clubs will do. Last year he had Cotchin at #1 last based on his theory on ruckman that you can still find good ones later in the draft and having a great ruckman isn't necessary for success.

* His first few choices this year
1. Naitanui - gone against his rule as he is one out of the box. Based it on what he has done and that he has the most upside of anyone in the draft pool.
2. Watts
3. Vickery
4. Rich
5. Yarran
6. Hartlett - ready to play next year as he played senior SANFL footy this year. Healy has him as his rising star tip for 2009. Yarran is the other one ready to go next year.

* Expects Melbourne will go for Watts so the Eagles will pick up Naitanui.

* Expects Freo to go local with Rich or Hill.

* Expects Hurley to go to Carlton. If Vickery is still around at pick 6, the Blues might let him slip pass them given what they already have - Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson.

* Sidebottom - should go top 10 but recruiters take notice of draft camp results and he struggled with speed at the camp. However if you base it on what they have done on the field he thinks quicker though than any other midsized midfielder. Compared him to a Bartel.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:45 AM »
It's good to have both types of opinion.

Emma Quayle obviously knows her stuff and who each club is after. Last year she only missed out on Adelaide with the surprise selection of Dangerfield. Seems she is more prepared for Adelaide's left-field drafting this year. My only issue with Hartlett is IMO he is more of an outside midfielder when we need more tough ballwinners. I guess that still can be okay if a change of club changes Thomson's career around for the better as an inside mid to balance up with. That would then probably point to a ruck or key forward at 26 and then a developing tall at 58 plus potentially a recycled player at 70/PSD.

It'll be a real surprise to me if Rich slips outside the top 3. That would really change things up and would probably mean Vickery would slip to our pick 8 which will then change what we do at 26.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2008, 03:37:44 PM »
Essendon set to swoop on West Perth quick Stephen Hill
By Jay Clark
November 08, 2008 08:30pm

THE Essendon speed machine is poised to go up another gear next season with the likely addition of WA draft bolter Stephen Hill.
Swan Districts livewire Chris Yarran seems bound for Brisbane, at pick seven, to play at the feet of imposing tall forward combination Jonathan Brown and Daniel Bradshaw.
Tom Swift, the Claremont utility coming off consecutive knee injuries, won't slip past Geelong, with the 15th selection of the first round.

Full story here:
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24622660-5005401,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »
That's good news for us if true. Whoever Port don't take slips to us. A bonus if it's Vickery but most likely Hartlett or Ziebell.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2008, 02:12:40 PM »
Reckon Hartlett will go to PA at 4 and Essendon to take Vickery at 5 leaving us either Yarran, Ziebell or Swift.  Whichever of those Brisbane dont get 1st. Carlton will pick Hurley.
As a supprter of true star quality Hartlett is the one I would want as 1st preference so I hope the above doesnt occur.
26 must be a KPP or ruckman with Roughead a chance
Rockliff the slider at 58. 
PS love how Freo have come out and mentioned Hills name so other clubs will put him on their radar.
Now Essendon may take him at 5???
If you have read "The Draft" Chris Pelchen said that clubs make up such things to make other clubs make mistakes on draft day or decide against picking certain players that they themselves may want. Oh the mind games. 
Cant wait til draft day. Why do have it so late in the year now? Mongrels

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
Brisbane would take Ziebell out of those 3 so we'd be left with a choice of either Yarran or Swift. Meh!  :-\  I admit I've only seen Yarran play twice live but I wasn't impressed compared to other people on the net (BF) who rave about him. Not as a top 10 choice anyway.

I can see Port overlooking Hartlett even though he's a local boy. They need talls and Vickery is a top 5 choice as you say pmac21 so they would still be picking up best available at pick 4.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:10 PM »
If it came down to Ziebell, Yarran & Swift then I hope we take the chance on Swift
190cm midfielder who was equal or better than Rich as a junior... yes please

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2008, 03:24:46 AM »
Another updated allfooty.info mock draft....

http://www.allfooty.info/2008/11/phantom-draft-of-choices-2008-afl-draft.html

1 Melbourne
Jack Watts (196cm, 85kg, tall forward) or Nicholas Naitanui (201cm, 94kg, midfielder/ruckman)

2 West Coast
Nicholas Naitanui (201cm, 94kg, midfielder/ruckman) or Daniel Rich (183cm, 83kg, midfielder)

3 Fremantle
Daniel Rich (183cm, 83kg, midfielder) or Michael Hurley (192cm, 92kg, tall defender/forward)

4 Port Adelaide
Hamish Hartlett (182cm, 74kg, midfielder) or Tyrone Vickery (200cm, 89kg, ruckman/tall forward)

5 Essendon
Michael Hurley (192cm, 92kg, tall defender/forward) or Chris Yarran (180cm, 84kg, small forward/midfielder)

6 Carlton
Jack Ziebell (188cm, 84kg, midfielder/medium defender) or Jackson Trengove (197cm, 89kg, tall forward/defender)

7 Brisbane
Chris Yarran (180cm, 84kg, small forward/midfielder) or Tom Swift (190cm, 84kg, midfielder)

8 Richmond
Tyrone Vickery (200cm, 89kg, ruckman/tall forward) or Shaun McKernan (196cm, 94kg, tall forward/ruckman)
With Richardson and Simmonds not far from retirement, the Tigers need to think about bringing in some young ruckmen and tall forwards. Vickery, with his extra height and also a link to Richmond, is probably their preferred option, if he is still available in the real draft, but McKernan would be a solid pick for them too.

26 Richmond
Tom Rockliff (183cm, 83kg, small forward)
or Ryan Schoenmakers (189cm, 85kg, tall forward) or Neville Jetta (178cm, 75kg, midfielder/small forward)
Rockliff will bring the excitement up forward that Chris Naish used to for the yellow and black. He seems like the player that Coach Wallace would like, a small forward that is capable of kicking a lot of goals. Schoenmakers would be an extra tall target up forward while Jetta would be a speedier small option if they wanted that instead.

58 Richmond
Liam Jones (192cm, 84kg, tall forward)
or Eddie Sansbury (183cm, 86kg, small forward/midfielder) or Sam McGarry (186cm, 77kg, small defender/midfielder)
The Tigers have already added Thomson via a trade, and maybe Richmond would also pick a player in the draft with AFL experience and Sansbury may interest them. If they are still looking to the future, then Jones would be useful as a key position prospect, or they could go smaller with someone like McGarry.

70 Richmond
Taylor Gilchrist (189cm, 70kg, medium forward/defender)
or Adrian Bonaddio (190cm, 83kg, tall forward) or Garry Moss (181cm, 72kg, midfielder)
At this part of the draft, Richmond should have covered all their needs and can draft someone like Taylor Gilchrist who has the potential to develop into a very versatile player but could take a few years to get stronger for the AFL. Bonaddio could be useful for the Tigers as he could step in at full forward next season, allowing Richardson to roam around the ground. Teams will also look at Hawthorn's discards, and Richmond is one club that may have a spot for Moss.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2008, 08:46:40 AM »
I like that mock draft! Obviously done by a tigers supporter  :P

Stripes

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »
I reckon Tom Rockliff might be around for our 4th rounder, I wouldn't use a 2nd on him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do