Author Topic: Otto a man in demand  (Read 37932 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Otto a man in demand
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2004, 01:27:56 PM »
Can I just add - if he doesn't want be there then he should go.

But I really have a problem with a player, any player coming out and saying "I want to stay, I want to be a one club player, I want to be a Tiger" less than 1 month ago and then in the space of 27 days changing their mind. What's changed, really changed?

And then to come up with "they've lost faith in me" what a crock :banghead

Am I angry - bloody oath I am.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 01:31:31 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2004, 01:31:26 PM »
Plenty of time to crucify him once his gone... 

Hey Fwoy, can we crucify him now lol.  Can we... can we... can we please lol. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2004, 01:36:37 PM »

I don't know about Fwoy - but I know I am ready to let rip :rollin

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2004, 01:43:56 PM »
Might as well get it out of your system WP.  Strangely enough, I think I already have.  Maybe coz I saw it coming when the negotiations started going the way they did.

He did the same thing last time, but we some how convinced him to stay.  Probably paying him enough is what convinced him and, at the time, I was glad we kept him.  To keep him now would have been for all the wrong reasons.

Especially when this time round he has to take a pay cut and instead wants out.  I hope he and his money will be very happy together and will share many memorable moments down the track.

If we’re going to get anywhere then we don’t need his selfish, self-interested type.

When you go down the track of developing a list and creating the sort of environment and spirit that a Club such as Brisbane has then it’s going to sort out the selfish individuals from the team players.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2004, 01:41:48 PM »
Ronnie said the other day we should put this all into perspective.  Well here goes:

Ottens is a money-hungry, no-talented hack lol

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2004, 01:50:43 PM »
I look forward to seeing him play against us again, if his form this year has been a guide we'll have a field day!

Lets get something out of the useless hack who's now a millionaire! :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2004, 01:52:44 PM »
Might as well get it out of your system WP.  Strangely enough, I think I already have.  Maybe coz I saw it coming when the negotiations started going the way they did.

He did the same thing last time, but we some how convinced him to stay.  Probably paying him enough is what convinced him and, at the time, I was glad we kept him.  To keep him now would have been for all the wrong reasons.

If he had of said at the very beginning - I am not sure, I will weigh everything up and make decision - then fine. But to publicly say what he did and now blame the club by saying they have lost faith. Get real. The RFC has been very very good to Brad Ottens and that is a fact!

Also I read this great article the other day in the Hun where they interviewed Robert Copeland - he who almost came to Tigers... and he summed it up beautufully I reckon....

"ROBERT Copeland could have taken the money and run at the start of the year . . . and been part of a team that finished last.

Instead, he took far less cash to stay put and will play in his third Grand Final on Saturday.

Richmond was able to offer Copeland significantly more money than the Brisbane Lions, but it could not offer him a crack at the success every player sets out to achieve.

"You always think back (on nearly leaving), it was a hard decision. There are offers out there to play in different positions in other teams, but I am glad I made the right one," Copeland said this week.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10850865%255E19771,00.html

Granted he would have come to the wooden spooners but he chose his club, his mates over the dollars and he deserves respect for that IMHO
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 01:58:10 PM by WilliamPowell »

froars

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2004, 01:59:32 PM »
Ronnie, you should listen to the Jackstar more often lol   :rollin

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »
We basically have a couple of years to snare a young quality tall to replace Nottens.

I wouldn't be phased by playing Rodan in the ruck next year. It's going to be a write-off.

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2004, 02:14:39 PM »
Im not sure about the rest of you guys but I feel sick in the stomach about this one!

That two faced lying @rsehole and is management team deserve a good kick in the @rse!

The games played by them are ridiculous, how can he honestly believe we have lost faith in him when we have made him a millionaire with only 1 decent season!?!

This absolutely wreaks of greed and dishonesty! :banghead

Ox

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2004, 02:26:06 PM »
Ottens
Enemy
Radicals

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2004, 02:28:35 PM »

stuffing oath we can now Froarsy. Dirty idiot can stuff off and try and bleed another club dry. Sorry to hear earning more than six times the average wage for 22 weeks work still wasn't enough for poor Braddles. Well, stuff him!  :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2004, 02:31:46 PM »
If I rated him as a player Disco, I would be livid. But how can you be disappointed to see an overpaid, overrated and underperformed player go? Good riddance!

I'm wrapped at the prospect of picking up two young talented players for Notthens. LMFAOOOOOO! It's a robbery of the highest order!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 02:33:20 PM by JohnF »

froars

« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2004, 02:30:16 PM »
Don't rule out Jackstar's original post re going to the Pies - word is it's on in a big way, as in he will put such a high price on his head the other two clubs won't be able to compete.

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2004, 02:34:10 PM »
Don't rule out Jackstar's original post re going to the Pies - word is it's on in a big way, as in he will put such a high price on his head the other two clubs won't be able to compete.

Ok, so the positives is the Footy Show will die officially next year with such personalities as Nottens and Cloke on the panel with Nafan...  :thumbsup
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.