Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2009  (Read 17148 times)

Re: Non-Richmond games 2009
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »

its a compelling argument that just maybe Campbell wont be such a bad choice for our club as some think.

Look at Knighter same type of success as Campbell when they played, and he is doing wonders.
I cant help but listen to him when he speaks and admire the way he goes about his stuff.

Never heard him once say he inherited a bad list unlike some  :shh

You never heard him say it because he has never coached a team.

Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?   Idiot!

Cambo retired at the end of 2005, travelled for most of 2006 and was an assistant at Footscray in 2007 and 2008 before joining us in 2009.

'65

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2009, 01:18:27 PM »

its a compelling argument that just maybe Campbell wont be such a bad choice for our club as some think.

Look at Knighter same type of success as Campbell when they played, and he is doing wonders.
I cant help but listen to him when he speaks and admire the way he goes about his stuff.

Cambo retired at the end of 2005, travelled for most of 2006 and was an assistant at Footscray in 2007 and 2008 before joining us in 2009.

'65

OMG i have officially found someone who rivals Infamous as the biggest tool on this website.

I was referring to Wallet when he first started always looking back to Spud.

Some say the list Knighter took over was terrible but never have i heard him once look back.
In fact Sheeds has contributed to the success of the Bombers list in 09. Seen Paddy Ryder lately??
Whilst he is raw he is killing them while we bring back Simmo into he team instead of promoting someone else. :thumbsup

Now next time think before you type. I thought being nearly 50 you would have learnt something in your time
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »

'65

OMG i have officially found someone who rivals Infamous as the biggest tool on this website.

I was referring to Wallet when he first started always looking back to Spud.

Some say the list Knighter took over was terrible but never have i heard him once look back.
In fact Sheeds has contributed to the success of the Bombers list in 09. Seen Paddy Ryder lately??
Whilst he is raw he is killing them while we bring back Simmo into he team instead of promoting someone else. :thumbsup

Now next time think before you type. I thought being nearly 50 you would have learnt something in your time

Nearly 50 indeed. I turn 54 this year.

And yes sure you were talking about TW. I believe you, really.

'65

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
Mark Harvey is a knob, he was an assisstant for a year before he took on the senior job and obviously couldn't see the glaring deficiencies the Shockers had.

Their list management, particulary some of the trades they have made is Frawley-esque.
Yep they topped up under Connolly with Harvey as assistant coach taking all of Essendon's rejects and are now paying it. Taking Stephen Hill at pick 3 and not Daniel Rich is another disasterous drafting decision. Freo proves the theory there's always someone worse off than you lol.

Three wins in a row to Freo and unfortunantely it must be said that we ARE worse than Freo.
Freo have beaten Sydney W Coast and Carlton. Hey I'd be happy if we could just get a win.
We are the WORST team in the comp. Melbourne can now officially say no matter what happens to them there's always someone worse. After all they did beat us three weeks ago.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »
Carlton losing always makes the weekend a little happier for me.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 09:28:24 PM »
And Collingwood.

But bugger me, St Kilda are playing the best football in the league.

Geelong included.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
Amazing turnaround from last year for the Sainters. Tonight they were awesome. The Pies actually applied a great deal of pressure early on but the Saints just absorbed it and then kicked into another gear and it was goodnight by halfway through the second quarter. There was a passage on the wing where they moved the ball between 6 sets of hands instinctively and precisely in a tight space under immense pressure to clear the congestion and eventually goal. Each player just knew where the other was. It was great to watch. The equal of Geelong at their best.

One thing that has changed from previous years for the Saints is they are no longer getting soft-tissue injuries as they've only had to use 24 players this year. They finally have a stable team all playing their best footy and whereas in the past under Thomas they were flat track bullies, their defensive pressure now is sensational. It just took a couple of years for Lyon to install this new defensive side to their game. It took away from their old high scoring ways in Lyon's first two years and looked ugly as hell but now they have the balance right and they are back to kicking big scores while strangling their opponents at the same time. It's hard to see anything other than a St Kilda vs Geelong GF. They are both daylight ahead of the other 14 sides including Hawthorn.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2009, 11:00:45 PM »
Daniel, everyone canned me about this last year.
They are miles ahead of us.
Essendon bottomed out for 6 months and are heading back up.
we bottom out for 5 years and are still heading NO WHERE. :banghead
As for the young players, they had 14 players under 25 games last night.
Where is Mightytiges with  his stats about the Tiger young players????? ::)
Problem is that our young players  arent much good besides one or two
Good on Essendon and good on Knighta I say. :thumbsup
Jackstar is Back ;)
6 months lol. They've been in the bottom 8 since 2004 which is why Sheeds finally got the flick and had earlier picks than us in 5 of the past 7 drafts. That's been our problem. Finishing 9th-10th has never done us any favours so we could rebuild faster and properly.

I'll judge the Bombers after round 22; not after one game lol. They were awful against Brisbane the week before and against North with a more experienced side but of course the Bomber lovers on this site conveniently go missing when they are losing  :whistle. When their Russian roulette all out attack gameplan works they look great with their quick movement of the footy but when it doesn't they get hurt badly the other way. It worked a treat on Friday night as the Hawks are the walking wounded at the moment and are playing too many injured/underdone players. Essendon ran them off their feet. You've got to question though if this gamestyle is sustainable over a whole season. There's a reason why they were forced to play such an inexperienced side and why they are always losing players to injury. It takes a toll on the body to play this way. The same thing happened last year.

Richmond had 15 players 23 and under on the weekend btw. We are still a young side despite math-dumb journos who think an age average is the only way to measure the youngness of a list  ::). A new and more importantly the right younger coach next year with a fresh voice, new ideas, and who the younger players can relate to, will have the job of turning them into a disciplined team. The confidence lacking will only come once they show team discipline. At least this new coach will have a young core to start off with and better facilities to train them on and in. Something his predecessors never had because we had no money. Liam Pickering the other day mentioned how one young Tiger he manages didn't have a development coach until his third year. 25 years of neglect in all areas of the Club isn't turned around in a few years.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2009, 09:19:01 AM »
Amazing turnaround from last year for the Sainters. Tonight they were awesome. The Pies actually applied a great deal of pressure early on but the Saints just absorbed it and then kicked into another gear and it was goodnight by halfway through the second quarter. There was a passage on the wing where they moved the ball between 6 sets of hands instinctively and precisely in a tight space under immense pressure to clear the congestion and eventually goal. Each player just knew where the other was. It was great to watch. The equal of Geelong at their best.

One thing that has changed from previous years for the Saints is they are no longer getting soft-tissue injuries as they've only had to use 24 players this year. They finally have a stable team all playing their best footy and whereas in the past under Thomas they were flat track bullies, their defensive pressure now is sensational. It just took a couple of years for Lyon to install this new defensive side to their game. It took away from their old high scoring ways in Lyon's first two years and looked ugly as hell but now they have the balance right and they are back to kicking big scores while strangling their opponents at the same time. It's hard to see anything other than a St Kilda vs Geelong GF. They are both daylight ahead of the other 14 sides including Hawthorn.

They are like Geelong of two years ago, your team is trying its guts out and going in hard, but you lose by 15 goals.

Dal Santo is huge now, even McQualter who was a twig just last year is also a big solid boy now. They still couldn't make Fiona big though!!  :lol

It's going to be ugly when we play them. I doubt we'll score against them, I can't even see us getting inside 50.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »
They still couldn't make Fiona big though!!  :lol
:lol

Thy've improved out of sight since he's left lol.

It's going to be ugly when we play them. I doubt we'll score against them, I can't even see us getting inside 50.
We'll confuse them with our deceptive ring-a-ring-a-rosy gameplan in the back half. It's so deceptive even we don't know what is going to happen next ;D.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:55 PM »
We'll confuse them with our deceptive ring-a-ring-a-rosy gameplan in the back half. It's so deceptive even we don't know what is going to happen next ;D.
[/quote]

Yeh I think it's going to be the pits.

Lets hope TW can pull out one last idiot out of the bag when we play them  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2009, 11:35:03 PM »
A big win for the Hawks tonight. Gets them back on track. Freo came to play but just lacked the class, experience and forward line (like us  :-\ ) to make the most of their inside 50 opportunities. Hawthorn pulled off the big plays and goals when they needed to get the win.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »
Buldogs will beat the Dees. Currently leading by 2 goals halfway through the last.

Dees are a perfect example of why you dont trade away ANY draft picks.

They have really come along nicely this year
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »
The Eagles threw that one away tonight. Got in front and were running all over the Swans then went tempo footy too far out and stuffed it up. If they wanted to tank they couldn't have done it any better.

Scott Selwood shows promise. Not in his brother Joel's league but did some nice things tonight. Didn't mind getting in and under at ball-ups and kicked a classy goal on the run to put the Eagles in front near the end. Poor Francis Jackson who wanted him badly at Punt Rd will be spewing again tonight that the powers that be traded pick 19 away two years ago  :scream.

Tigermonk

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2009, 08:38:36 AM »
Was at the game yesterday Melbourne vs Bulldogs & the Dees played really well, showed some gret passages of play
The umpires again stuffed a good game up with not giving some decisions for the Dees near goal which l beleive if they would have been given,  would have nailed the dogs where at the other end of the ground the Bulldogs got rewarded frees that were not there
Akermanis saced there asses again. l wish Richmond would show some performances like Melbourne & go forward