Author Topic: Tigers vs Freo game thread  (Read 4437 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Freo game thread
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:54:18 PM »
The game is LIVE on Ch 10 and ONE HD at 7.30pm.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers vs Freo game thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:14:16 AM »
Betting (luxbet.com)

Richmond  $2.60
Fremantle  $1.51

Points - 12.5 start.

Of the 'experts' in the Herald-Sun and Age only Sheeds has tipped us.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
I had no intention of going but my mate just gave me 2 free tickets.....The wife is excited but given the year we are having my enthusiasm levels are not very high.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
I had no intention of going but my mate just gave me 2 free tickets.....The wife is excited but given the year we are having my enthusiasm levels are not very high.

C'mon Mat chin up.

I go to the SCG every year for our annual pumping, even started dragging the young fella for the last three years.  He can't understand why I go to watch them every year when we always get beat, I tell him tough and to get used to it  ;D .

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »

Stick a g-string on, have a few beers and if we're losing do a bolt across the Subiaco ground. Make it worthwhile.

If you get caught, do a vulcan greeting to the cameras so we know it's you.  :lol

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

C'mon Mat chin up.

I go to the SCG every year for our annual pumping, even started dragging the young fella for the last three years.  He can't understand why I go to watch them every year when we always get beat, I tell him tough and to get used to it  ;D .

Not sure how respectful the Sydney crowds are Chuck but Docker fans are animals.....I will never forget one train ride home after a tiger loss a few years ago....very painful.

I love to fly the flag but perhaps this time I will dress "incognito".
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 12:57:21 PM »
Not sure how respectful the Sydney crowds are Chuck but Docker fans are animals.....I will never forget one train ride home after a tiger loss a few years ago....very painful.

True the Sydney supporters are lame and tame, they would have nothing on the SA and WA ferals supporters of their inferior teams.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 12:57:59 PM »

Stick a g-string on, have a few beers and if we're losing do a bolt across the Subiaco ground. Make it worthwhile.

If you get caught, do a vulcan greeting to the cameras so we know it's you.  :lol

I could do a nudie run with just OER written on my back.....it might attract more members. :lol
Unleash the tornado

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 01:22:29 PM »

I love to fly the flag but perhaps this time I will dress "incognito".

Have to agree last time I was at Subi (2007) some feral Freo fans spat at us and whacked us with their flags
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Visiting Tigers have Harvey worried (Fairfax)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
Visiting Tigers have Harvey worried
Justin Chadwick
May 29, 2009 - 1:24PM

Fremantle coach Mark Harvey is worried Saturday night's clash with Richmond at Subiaco Oval could play into the Tigers' hands because the AFL match is in Perth.

The Tigers are a club under siege following their disastrous 1-8 start to the season, with coach Terry Wallace expected to depart within the next couple of weeks.

But Harvey believed Richmond were a more dangerous prospect outside Melbourne, which has become a pressure-cooker environment for the struggling side.

"It's an opportunity for the teams that are under scrutiny to get out of Melbourne and come over here and play and not have that scrutiny," Harvey said.

"All of a sudden the weight's off their shoulders.

"That's always an interesting mindset that you look at.

"I think that helps them."

Richmond have an excellent recent record at Subiaco Oval, beating both West Coast and Fremantle there last season by a combined 141 points.

The Tigers also beat the Dockers in Perth during the pre-season but Harvey was adamant Richmond's good record at the venue would count for little on Saturday night.

"I think they probably have got us when ... we haven't had our full capacity and full contingent to pick from," he said.

"I don't think they've got it over us, I just think they've got the confidence of winning over here, which we need to take away from them."

The match will be former Eagle Ben Cousins' first at the venue since round 22, 2007, when he gathered 25 possessions and booted two goals to help West Coast to a thrilling eight-point win over Essendon.

Cousins, who has notched just three games for his new club after suffering a hamstring injury in round one and then a fractured hand in round eight, was named on the bench.

Will Thursfield and Jack Riewoldt were also recalled.

West Australian Mark Coughlan and Daniel Connors were dumped, while Andrew Raines will miss with a knee injury.

Fremantle made three changes, including Andrew Foster, Josh Head and Greg Broughton to replace Roger Hayden (broken leg) and omitted duo Ryan Murphy and Clayton Hinkley.

Dockers veteran and former Bomber Dean Solomon, who will notch his 200th game, also expressed concern about facing a backs-to-the-wall Richmond outfit.

"When the pressure's on the best place to be is on the football field because you are away from it all, you can just express all your frustrations out on the field and just play good footy," Solomon said.

"I see them coming out of Melbourne, getting out of the Melbourne spotlight and coming across to the west and I see them as a dangerous side."

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/visiting-tigers-have-harvey-worried-20090529-bpsh.html

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 04:46:29 PM »
 Oh Matty  your starting to sound like a dorker supporter now :whistle
  toughen up and show your colors for the boys  :gotigers

if you like i will meet you at the station and hold your hand

our boys will put on a good show tomorrow night 
 win or lose we are still Richmond members and supporters    remember yellow and black  it's in the blood
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 05:01:13 PM »
Oh Matty  your starting to sound like a dorker supporter now :whistle
  toughen up and show your colors for the boys  :gotigers

if you like i will meet you at the station and hold your hand

our boys will put on a good show tomorrow night 
 win or lose we are still Richmond members and supporters    remember yellow and black  it's in the blood

Thank you 632...Thats the pep talk I needed....Shame on me.

My wife also said she would protect me if anyone is mean.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »
Have to agree last time I was at Subi (2007) some feral Freo fans spat at us and whacked us with their flags

Is this the low life WP?

I think it is their Club president

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 05:19:58 PM »
 :thatsgold :ROTFL
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame