Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19589 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Buckley
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2009, 12:35:05 PM »
Don't see him having the fire in the belly for it

If he wants to do it (I doubt it) I can assure you one thing Hird won't lack is desire to be a success.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »
Not sure about Buckley. Great player, but I remember 2003 when the pies beat Brisbane in the Qualifying final and then looked to be the favourites in the GF. Bucks seemed to become a different beast, becoming terse and stony faced in GF week to the point of extreme. Still remember the look on his face when he leds them up the race that day. Rocca out didn't help them, and Bucks had a decent game but the team were nervous as anything.

Then again he was BoG in 2002. Maybe I just hate Collingwood.

Could you imagine THE LOOK ON PIES FACES if we get Bux and he delivers us a flag

Geez it would be stuffin PRICELESS.

edit: don't avoid the swear fitler!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:06:43 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2009, 11:07:49 PM »
i was told hinkley is now out of contention

Not according to Hinkley's interview in today's AFL website.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2009, 11:22:21 PM »
If Buckley is the Best candidate then we should get him.... WE need someone who is no nonsense and someone who demands the best from everyone, someone who wont except mediocrity..... here I go again.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
Not sure about Buckley. Great player, but I remember 2003 when the pies beat Brisbane in the Qualifying final and then looked to be the favourites in the GF. Bucks seemed to become a different beast, becoming terse and stony faced in GF week to the point of extreme. Still remember the look on his face when he leds them up the race that day. Rocca out didn't help them, and Bucks had a decent game but the team were nervous as anything.

Then again he was BoG in 2002. Maybe I just hate Collingwood.

Could you imagine THE LOOK ON PIES FACES if we get Bux and he delivers us a flag

Geez it would be stuffin PRICELESS.

hahaha yes i can( :-[)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 09:07:28 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2009, 11:29:04 PM »
i was told hinkley is now out of contention

Not according to Hinkley's interview in today's AFL website.

thats good then, we must seriously look at all prospects

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »
Don't see him having the fire in the belly for it

If he wants to do it (I doubt it) I can assure you one thing Hird won't lack is desire to be a success.
I think he should get some coaching experience first but Hird wouldn't mind going to a club where Sheeds is at either.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bucks says it's too early to tell (Age)
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2009, 01:35:42 AM »
Pie great says it's too early to tell
Andrea Petrie | June 22, 2009

DEAN Laidley's decision to leave North Melbourne would have no bearing on which club coach-in-waiting Nathan Buckley took over next year, the former Collingwood captain said yesterday.

Speaking from the US where he is on an AFL study tour, Buckley said it was too early to say whether he would be coaching any club in 2010.

Buckley, currently in the United States furthering his coaching education with college football giant Notre Dame, said it was up to North and Richmond to drive their search, and that nothing had changed for him.

"There's been a bit going on that I've heard from back home," he told Seven.

"But really I'm not focused on that at the moment.

"With the Richmond opportunity coming up and now North, there's been a lot of speculation around it but really that's a process that the clubs will drive.

"I'm not the only candidate, there's plenty of guys who will be looking at both roles.

"Most of this landscape won't come to bear until the end of the season, so I'm just going about the process of trying to improve myself as a football quality and finding out about where I might fit in best."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/pie-great-says-its-too-early-to-tell/2009/06/21/1245522734336.html
http://news.realfooty.com.au/breaking-news-sport/matthews-sees-promise-in-richmonds-list-20090621-csnd.html

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2009, 06:43:32 AM »
Notre Dame??
What exactly has Buckley done to be getting such high praise?
He never played in a premiership and has achieved nothing as an assistant coach in the AFL.

It's a big punt and I think that there are about 3/4 better qualified candidates ahead of him for a senior position.
It's a risk I wouldn't take unless others pull out and he's remaining.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bucks message to Roos, Tigers: let's talk (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »
Bucks message to Roos, Tigers: let's talk
Jon Ralph | June 26, 2009

COLLINGWOOD legend Nathan Buckley returned to Australia yesterday and confirmed his interest in discussing with Richmond and North Melbourne their vacant coaching positions.

Buckley said last night he was keen to talk about the senior roles at both clubs, after spending 10 days on an AFL-funded study trip in the US.

The league's hottest coaching prospect declared that Richmond had "better young talent on exposed form" than North Melbourne.

But as North officially began its search for a new coach yesterday, Buckley also threw up the possibility of spending a season as an assistant.

While the former Magpies captain was coy on his prospects, the race for Buckley has become white hot.

"It is basically status quo apart from the fact that North Melbourne is looking for a coach next year," he said.

"They will go through a process that they allocate and I would like to have a chat to them and find out where they are situated . . . (and) with respect to assistant coaching roles down the track as well."

His reference to becoming an assistant in yesterday's interview with employer Channel 7 was cryptic, given the available senior jobs.

The Roos have made it known their priority is to secure Buckley as their head coach for next year.

While North would be unlikely to outlay $800,000 on a rookie coach such as Buckley, it is prepared to spend up to that figure for an experienced senior coach.

If Buckley was to spend a year as an assistant, it would again raise speculation about a succession plan for Mick Malthouse at Collingwood.

In a separate Adelaide radio interview yesterday, Buckley said he was prepared to talk to Richmond.

"I don't know what next year is going to look like for me," he said. "(Richmond and North Melbourne) are categorically the only two coaching roles currently available.

"If I am serious about looking at coaching next year or getting into an AFL club, I suppose I'd better have a look at them.

"I'm looking forward to having an opportunity to talk to both of those clubs when their processes are up and running. I need to find out some information to know where I sit."

While Buckley has also been linked to Port Adelaide, with which he played in the SANFL, it is believed Mark Williams' odds of a contract extension are shortening.

Reports from Adelaide have the Port board voting 6-2 in favour of keeping Williams.

Buckley dodged a question about his interest in Port. "They are my old club . . . but I played for Brisbane as well," he said.

Buckley was keen yesterday to emphasise he was not yet sold on launching his senior coaching career immediately.

"As I have said all along, there will be assistant coaching roles as well," he said.

"I need to have to look at what opportunities are there and then clubs will have to look at me and then I will have to look at the strength and weaknesses and what is the best fit."

North has already sounded out the availability of a range of potential coaches, including Buckley and Sydney assistant and former North star John Longmire.

Chief executive Eugene Arocca and football manager Donald McDonald are formulating an appropriate process to find a new coach, according to the club.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25691305-19742,00.html

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
personally not sold on Buckley, am glad the club will follow the process through and not
 be rushed because of North joining the queue looking for a new coach.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
A positive for us if he believes our youngsters are better but Bucks has to show 100% interest and commitment if he wants the job. Going through the interview process to test the water won't get him a senior coaching job.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
I said I could live with Bucks Fizz and he could be a handy pickup - But GEE WIZZ
the media are blowing the wind so far up his ! it is not funny.

If north want to fork out 800 K a year let them do it - Will definately see them on the scrapheap forking out that money in the not to distant future.

If we are gunna pay big $$$ you need someone proven (Micky Malthouse) at least.
Any newbies can start a bit lower down until they show their worth.

Maybe a Mick Malthouse & Bucks assitant package for 800K could be a go ?

Ramps

« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
If we were going to spend 800k ... id rather see RFC spend 350-400k on Hardwick and spend the other 400k putting on a couple of extra development coaches etc.

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »
thats a better option l rekon  :thumbsup
2 years into a 35 year plan