Author Topic: Nathan Buckley [merged]  (Read 19582 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Nathan Buckley [merged]
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »
imo jade should be looked at, he has what it takes , and is young and has the players ears

we dont want a celebrity to coach us , we just want a coach

I think we are in a fantastic position that if worst came to worst everyone pulled out of the job and all that was left is the caretaker coach. I think Jade couldn't do any worse then whats seen him previously. I think he'd be a fine coach.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »
Bucks was still keeping his cards close to his chest today on 3aw. As a result Mike could hardly be bothered asking him about it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2009, 07:13:46 PM »
Well Sam Lane and Andy Maher said tonight that Buckley wants to go through the Richmond process so how can North expect an answer from him now.  Maher even commended Richmond on how we are handling our selection process  :o.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2009, 09:54:26 PM »
Jon Ralph on Ch 10 said North have demanded an answer within a week from Buckley and North will call a special board meeting this week.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »
Jon Ralph on Ch 10 said North have demanded an answer within a week from Buckley and North will call a special board meeting this week.
They are shooting themselves in the foot a little, or has Bucks given them a little nod and just needs to confirm? Sounds like they dont have a process!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2009, 11:33:27 PM »
Brayshaw on MMM earlier today....

* Offer has been put to Bucks. The money is good and is "not an issue at all" for either party.

* Offered 4 years, Bucks would prefer 3 according to Damien Barrett

* Agreed that it's between a senior position with North and an assistant position at Collingwood. Everyone agreed that it would be hard to make the Collingwood job work, and would be unfair to Mick.

* The general mood of the box (Garry, BT, Barrett, JB, Spud Frawley) was that Bucks to North is the most likely scenario

* BT said that getting Bucks would "forever change everyone's perception of the North Melbourne footy club for the better." JB disagreed but said that Bucks would be a "huge short term positive"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15116237&postcount=69

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2009, 01:53:56 AM »
Brayshaw on MMM earlier today....

* Offer has been put to Bucks. The money is good and is "not an issue at all" for either party.

* Offered 4 years, Bucks would prefer 3 according to Damien Barrett

* Agreed that it's between a senior position with North and an assistant position at Collingwood. Everyone agreed that it would be hard to make the Collingwood job work, and would be unfair to Mick.

* The general mood of the box (Garry, BT, Barrett, JB, Spud Frawley) was that Bucks to North is the most likely scenario

* BT said that getting Bucks would "forever change everyone's perception of the North Melbourne footy club for the better." JB disagreed but said that Bucks would be a "huge short term positive"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15116237&postcount=69

Of course North have to look to their supporter base that they are doing something and that they are a legitimate chance in getting Bucks. For a club like North with a small supporter base if the appointing of a coach fails or a prospective candidate does not come it can have grave results for their club.

Refused to go to GC
Failed to get Bucks
Low mwmbership supporter base.

Can't see Bucks going to a financially stuffed club who in those 3 years that a prospective Contract Bucks could sign may not be able to rub two pennies together.
As Brayshaw said they are going after a Bucks to change the public perception of the club and that they are a big club. Of course those goons on Triple M will agree with him on air. This aint the 70's there is no 10 year rule. Bucks is not The Messiah and Aylett and co are not putting their houses on the line. Bucks knows that and he can see their appraoch is unprofessional also. North are a nothing club with no supporters. Bucks if he ends up at  North won't change that club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
North Melbourne and Collingwood jostle for coaching prospect (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2009, 03:58:35 AM »
North Melbourne and Collingwood jostle for coaching prospect
Damian Barratt, Jackie Epstein | July 19, 2009

NORTH Melbourne will widen its search for a new coach if its preferred candidate, Nathan Buckley, cannot commit to the job within two weeks.

But the Sunday Herald Sun believes a board meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday at which it is hoped Buckley will have provided an indication of his interest.

North president James Brayshaw met him on Friday morning and indicated the Roos' senior coaching position could be his if he wanted it.

Brayshaw yesterday refused to discuss details of the meeting, but admitted he wanted to know Buckley's intentions for 2010 as soon as possible.

That means Collingwood has a short window to convince Buckley that working as an assistant to Mick Malthouse is a better fit than the head role at North Melbourne.

Should Buckley say he wants more time to consider his options, North would keep him in its potential plans for next year but at the same time embark on a full-scale search process.

Related LinksRobbo on Sunday: Why Pies will pass Bucks
"I have spoken to Nathan very recently," Brayshaw said on Triple M radio yesterday.

"I said, 'Nathan, do you wish to coach senior football next year? Because if you do, we would like to talk to you about that. We think we are a great fit for you.

''If you don't want to coach AFL football next year, please let us know ASAP so we can move on'."

Brayshaw said the conversation went "very well", and he described the former Magpie as "an enormously impressive unit".

He also said Buckley and his management were happy with the tenure and the remuneration that had been discussed.

"Money was not an issue, that was knocked on the head pretty quickly," he said.

"I think he and his management team want a fairly long commitment. They don't want a couple of years. There is no problem with that.

"We have a board meeting at the end of the month and we need to go into that board meeting with a clear direction as to what we are doing, whether we are going in with Nathan's name at the top of the list or whether we are putting a list together and going down a normal path."

Buckley's manager, Craig Kelly, had been previously told by the Roos that consideration would be given to a contract for at least the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons.

In the past month, Collingwood has intensified its bid to have the 2003 Brownlow medallist commit to working under Malthouse for the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

It is understood the club is working towards a situation where it would ask Malthouse to relinquish the main post at the end of 2011, regardless of the Magpies' performance.

Buckley would not be drawn on the matter yesterday, except to say he would commit to whichever role "optimises his football knowledge".

"I'm not going to favour one option over another," he told 3AW listeners.

"At the end of the year I'm assuming there would be assistant coaching roles available. The ball's not in my court...clubs will run processes as they see fit.

"I will be looking at what is best for me and a role that I can better the club I go to. If I can pull the trigger on one of those roles I will."

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire declined to comment further yesterday. He said on Friday night the issue regarding Buckley was about timing.

"Would I love Bucks to be at Collingwood?" he said on station SEN.

"Yes, and Bucks said one day he knows I'd love to have Peter Daicos running out the water and Tony Shaw cutting the oranges and being down there and singing the song. Of course you do.

"There's the romance of football and there's the reality, as well, and you just have to make the decisions based on timing and the knowledge that you have."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25803519-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2009, 11:15:32 AM »
Brownless said he's heard North have signed Buckley up to a 5 year deal and it'll be announced very shortly. North offered 5 years to beat Collingwood's offer of 2 years as an assistant.

Brayshaw replied that nothing has been signed. They just want to know from Buckley whether he wants to be a senior coach or not before their next board meeting at the end of the month so if the answer is no they can move on and look at others like Crocker, Longmire, Brad Scott and Hardwick.

So we'll all know in a week's time what's happening with Buckley.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »
Nathan Buckley expected to decide on future within week
AAP | July 19, 2009 03:40pm

NORTH Melbourne president James Brayshaw expects Nathan Buckley to decide within a week whether he wants to be a senior coach next season.

Brayshaw met with Buckley on Friday and said the club had agreed to the former Collingwood champion's financial terms if he signed on to become their next coach.

He said the Kangaroos had given Buckley a week to work out whether he wants to take the plunge as a head coach or start out as an assistant elsewhere.

"We've got a board meeting at the end of the month, we don't want to waste any more time," Brayshaw said on the Nine Network's Sunday Footy Show.

"If Nathan doesn't want to coach senior footy, and that's absolutely fine, that's entirely up to him, we think there are some wonderful people lined up ready to do it.

"One o f them is the bloke who's doing it at the moment (caretaker coach Darren Crocker) and doing a great job.

"You've got people like John Longmire, Brad Scott, it's degrees of winning.

"If Nathan for some reason doesn't want to do a senior job then I think we will end up with a terrific person."

Brayshaw said the Kangaroos had no issue about meeting Buckley's financial terms.
"What his management said is `This is, if we do this, the amount of money we'd be looking at,'" Brayshaw said.

"We've said to him `There's no problem with that, the money's not an issue'.

"The issue is whether Nathan wants to be a fulltime senior coach, if he does we'd love to talk to him."

Collingwood are understood to be chasing their former skipper as an assistant to coach Mick Malthouse, while Richmond have also talked to Buckley about their vacant head coaching job for next season.

Brayshaw acknowledged the `Roos' aggressive pursuit of Buckley was "not ideal" for Crocker, who is also seeking the position permanently, but said it was in the best interests of the club.

"We've sat down with Crock, myself and (football manager) Donald McDonald and said `This is what we're going to do,'" he said.

"The main thing you do with footy clubs is put the club first always and Darren is a great example of that, so he has said `I have no problem with what you're doing.'

"We've guaranteed Crock that if Nathan doesn't take the job on then he will get to the interview stage, so he's very comfortable."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25804676-19768,00.html

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2009, 10:55:07 AM »
I'm  :pray that Bucks takes the Roos job which will enable us a monopoly on all the best coaching candidates. It will also allow us time to actually find the best coach for us rather than the coach the media say is the best.

Even if we go Bucks he would only be at the Tigers until the Pies coaching position became available. Like TW has proved himself to be, Bucks is for Bucks and would have not loyalty to anyone other than himself.

Stripes

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2009, 11:07:36 AM »
there are some great candidates out there, North are behaving like some cheap Sydney hooker :shh..
big interview week coming i hear.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »
there are some great candidates out there, North are behaving like some cheap Sydney hooker :shh..
big interview week coming i hear.

Is this the first week in the 'Process' 3rogerd?

Ramps

« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
when do we expect to be down to the last 5 for the job.... can anyone tell us

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
I'm  :pray that Bucks takes the Roos job which will enable us a monopoly on all the best coaching candidates. It will also allow us time to actually find the best coach for us rather than the coach the media say is the best.

Even if we go Bucks he would only be at the Tigers until the Pies coaching position became available. Like TW has proved himself to be, Bucks is for Bucks and would have not loyalty to anyone other than himself.

Stripes

I agree 100 % Stripes, Bucks is for the Bucks he would drop us like a bag of S#@& to coach the Magpies.
IF he had said what Sheeds had said that he wanted to coach Richmond full stop, then i would warm to him.
But he aint interested in us we need someone more committed.