Author Topic: What do you want to see most from Rawlings regarding gamestyle?  (Read 6816 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: What do you want to see most from Rawlings regarding gamestyle?
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2009, 07:52:33 PM »
Ok Smokey we will just see what happens Saturday night, all I am saying is if Rawlings "tinckers" with the current game plan too much we could come unstuck in a big way when we can least afford it.

More so than we already have?   ;D

Yes way more have a look at our history.

This game is a must win for us and we should actually be penning this one in, I hope whatever Rawlings has in mind comes off but if it doesn't... well just imagine.

I imagine the tanking brigade will be very happy chappies!!   ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2009, 07:54:09 PM »
If we play a style of game like what Coburg does I will be very happy indeed  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
If we play a style of game like what Coburg does I will be very happy indeed  ;D
my sentiments exactly WP :pray

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »
Maybe Rawlings has the game plan and players to adapt the game plan at VFL level.............. will it work at AFL level with the players he has there and the players he will be against???

Devils advocate thats all.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
More speed and aggression in the midfield.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

Where from?? Have we just recruited and FA-18 fighter jet, this is what I dont think a lot of you are understanding, how are we going to be quicker. I get it lets play Lids, Foley, Tuck, Collins, Tambling & Cotchin in the midfield drom the bounce, within 25 minutes they will be stuffed.

We dont have the cattle to play this imaginary game plan that Rawlings is bringing to the club, because we do not have the back up players to execute it..... :banghead

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:24 PM »
Maybe Rawlings has the game plan and players to adapt the game plan at VFL level.............. will it work at AFL level with the players he has there and the players he will be against???

Well it worksfor the Bombers, Doggies and Geelong  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »

Mmmmm, not sold yet WP, hope the hell it does but not sold yet.

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »

we are Richmond, We are so far behind in development than these clubs  ;D thats why it worked for them

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 07:27:28 AM »
we are Richmond, We are so far behind in development than these clubs  ;D thats why it worked for them

No doubt we are Monk but it is worth a try and when it comes off it is great footy to watch :thumbsup

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 07:44:52 AM »

Where from?? Have we just recruited and FA-18 fighter jet, this is what I dont think a lot of you are understanding, how are we going to be quicker. I get it lets play Lids, Foley, Tuck, Collins, Tambling & Cotchin in the midfield drom the bounce, within 25 minutes they will be stuffed.

We dont have the cattle to play this imaginary game plan that Rawlings is bringing to the club, because we do not have the back up players to execute it..... :banghead

The air force only has PC9s based in Perth. The Hornets (Mach 1.2)aren't as quick as the good old Mirage(Mach 2.1), and they don't get over to Perth very often.

The Hornets came out of the oven in Melbourne in the mid 80's, just like lots of quick footballers.

But I'd rather have a Mirage in our midfield than a Hornet and one will be back from injury in a few weeks. Especially one made in WA and out of the oven in Melbourne.

Victorians understand that "More speed and aggression in the midfield." doesn't mean putting all fast players in there at once, just rotate the fastest and most aggressive guys through there. It shouldn't take too much longer for the West Aussies to catch up with the real footy states though.

I don't think that Jade has an imaginary game plan. I am sure his game plan is REAL and based on his knowledge of the players at Richmond and of the game in general. We will see this style demolish the Weagles this weekend.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »
nice analogy, now thats thinking outside the square

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45:02 PM »

I'm glad someone could understand it.

:lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »
Victorians understand that "More speed and aggression in the midfield." doesn't mean putting all fast players in there at once, just rotate the fastest and most aggressive guys through there. It shouldn't take too much longer for the West Aussies to catch up with the real footy states though.

Don't treat me like a fool Ekto, go and read my post again, we don't have the the class of player to continually rotate them through the midfield like the other sides do..... THAT IS WHAT I AM SAYING, IS IT LOUD AND CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU??? The class of players and the depth that other clubs have mean that at some stage during the roations we will be hammered in the centre because we cannot match the opositions rotating players that are of a higher class. For us to beat them there our main midfielders would have to stay there all game and they would run out of puff. You are 2 hours ahead over there so stop acting so backward.

By the way anything you say about WA I will only agree with as I have said before. I lived over there for many years and I would rather be there than here so move on.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:46:01 PM by WilliamPowell »

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »

I'm glad someone could understand it.

:lol

I am just glad you actually thought you finally understood something... :lol..... but you didn't.... :whistle

"Rucks: