Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214644 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: July 06, 2010, 12:16:08 PM »
David King on 3aw just said Cousins is finished. He doesn't see what everyone sees. He's slower and his kicking now lacks penetration.

OE & WP can you please let the swear filter lapse on this one cause honestly i lack the vocabulary to say what i think of that sought of narrow minded comment.

truth hurts pal doesn't it.

got nothing do with yesterday read my earlier posts Cuz should not play beyond this season. His on field job is done. Off field he would be very handy.

he doesnt break the lines as he used to and it must be the for the very first time i agree with King, his kicking is lacking.

yes the players look up to him but they will still look up to him if he is floating around the club employed off field.
we need to look after his well being first and foremost but on field he is finished as a footballer.

I don't believe Cuz has to break the lines like he used to to be of value to the club! We bwill miss him this week and he does not need a heap of possies to be of value on the field! Some players just add to the team by simply being out there!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1141 on: July 06, 2010, 12:19:17 PM »
Why does everyone think that cause Ben Cousins can't play to his Brownlow form he doesn't warrant a spot in our side.

Its not rocket science to observe that he isn't the leagues best player any more. But what gain does the club have delisting Cousins, losing his leadership and mental and physical skills that he srtill posses for someone who isn't ready for AFL football and fast tracking their development by a year.

Cousins weave through traffic in the MCC members fwd flank wing was classy and shows he warrants a spot if he can sustain it all year.

Who should take Bens spot in the 22 next year? Justin Westoff?

If Ben's body and off field problems are under control Cousins is in our best 10-12 players.

If you think otherwise you have rocks in your head.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #1142 on: July 06, 2010, 01:10:31 PM »
Why does everyone think that cause Ben Cousins can't play to his Brownlow form he doesn't warrant a spot in our side.

Its not rocket science to observe that he isn't the leagues best player any more. But what gain does the club have delisting Cousins, losing his leadership and mental and physical skills that he srtill posses for someone who isn't ready for AFL football and fast tracking their development by a year.

Cousins weave through traffic in the MCC members fwd flank wing was classy and shows he warrants a spot if he can sustain it all year.

If Ben's body and off field problems are under control Cousins is in our best 10-12 players.

If you think otherwise you have rocks in your head.

Ooops you made a few spelling mistakes  :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1143 on: July 06, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »
yeah while that is true what example is setting for our younger players

okay to mix uppers with downers. Dont worry if your a recovering addict its still okay to mix a bit of this with a bit of that.

sorry dont buy that he needs to hold a spot to be of value. The same value can be achieved if he were employed in an off field role.

I personally hope he sees the light and the RFc see the light and his career is over come seasons end.

we are not a charity case down there and pope you are wrong champ.

by your theory we should hold onto to Simmo too for another year as Vickers aint ready for that number 2 spot and he needs time to develop.

he aint our future like Simmo wasn't.

Cuz will provide more value off field.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1144 on: July 06, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »

okay to mix uppers with downers. Dont worry if your a recovering addict its still okay to mix a bit of this with a bit of that.

sorry dont buy that he needs to hold a spot to be of value. The same value can be achieved if he were employed in an off field role.

I personally hope he sees the light and the RFc see the light and his career is over come seasons end.

by your theory we should hold onto to Simmo too for another year as Vickers aint ready for that number 2 spot and he needs time to develop.

It appears as though mixing 'uppers' with 'downers' is a common practice among AFL players! Also, i don't but into the 'recovering drug addict' spiel either as recovering drug addicts are often prescribed a raft of prescription medicines so as to ease the severity of withdrawl symptoms and to minimise the chances of relapse!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1145 on: July 06, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »

It appears as though mixing 'uppers' with 'downers' is a common practice among AFL players! Also, i don't but into the 'recovering drug addict' spiel either as recovering drug addicts are often prescribed a raft of prescription medicines so as to ease the severity of withdrawl symptoms and to minimise the chances of relapse!

yes i know that. i heard today what 60% of players take similar things but it is dangerous and the club itself said they dont want their players taking such things. He knows the risks involved in anything that you put in your mouth. Thats assuming alcohol wasnt involved. If it were then he is just plain stupid and a bad example to all.

look not many will agree with me but i think the club should push him out come seasons end. These little incidents is not what we need as we rebuild.

Off field id be happy if he is given an off field role.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1146 on: July 06, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »

Why choose him Pope?
Could be any young player who gets the opportunity to play the role Cousins is currently.
What if it's a young bloke like Contin? What if it's next year's draftee who's the next BC for the next 10 years?

We won't miss Cousins anywhere near as much as some suggest. He's clearly at the end of the line IMO.
One door closes and another one opens.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1147 on: July 06, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »

forget about drug addicts, this is common practice among footballers

Take Ben cousins out for example, how many footballers are using this method & have openly said they have.
Its been around for many years. The Doctors are at fault

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1148 on: July 06, 2010, 01:45:15 PM »
I believe that the whole Cousin's thing this year has shown how much we have improved at handling delictae matters! Also, if alot of players are taking sleeping tablets after the game then surely the clubs should look at their after match routine a little better?

Tigermonk

« Reply #1149 on: July 06, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
I believe that the whole Cousin's thing this year has shown how much we have improved at handling delictae matters! Also, if alot of players are taking sleeping tablets after the game then surely the clubs should look at their after match routine a little better?

no no  :lol they dont take them after the game  ;D there still hypo.
When they go to bed so they take the sleeping tablet at bedtime  :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1150 on: July 06, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »

Why choose him Pope?
Could be any young player who gets the opportunity to play the role Cousins is currently.
What if it's a young bloke like Contin? What if it's next year's draftee who's the next BC for the next 10 years?

We won't miss Cousins anywhere near as much as some suggest. He's clearly at the end of the line IMO.
One door closes and another one opens.

spot on mate

Cuz needs to let go come seasons end for the good and benefit of the club.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1151 on: July 06, 2010, 02:00:24 PM »

spot on mate

Cuz needs to let go come seasons end for the good and benefit of the club.

cant beat the bloke in close but l think the speed of the game might see him retire but gee l hope he plays another year  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1152 on: July 07, 2010, 02:07:28 AM »
Ten games for 20+ touches a game.

Good enough to be in our best side. Should play on.

Well ahead of polo, hislop, mcmahon, contin types.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1153 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:40 AM »
Ten games for 20+ touches a game.

Good enough to be in our best side. Should play on.

Well ahead of polo, hislop, mcmahon, contin types.

His well ahead of Martin & Cotchin

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1154 on: July 07, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »

The difference between Simmo and Cousins is that Cousins influences on field.
Cousins prescenes helps each player stand 5cm taller
Cousins is in our best 10 players
Simmonds wasn't in our best 30 players.

I understand he's not our future but at present you'll find that probably 25% of the young list we have will be upgraded over the years as wont be art of our future aswell. You can't fit 25 players into 22. Players like Nahas, Webberley, Nason, Farmer may be upgraded with a 2nd round pick in 2 or 3 years time.

Just cause a player is young doesn't mean he's in our future premiership.

Cousins helps development on field, we wont win a flag next year. Keep him round and help add that 5% development to the whole group instead of 10-15% to 1 player.
Go Tigers!