Author Topic: Connors 8 weeks suspension, McGuane, Cuz, Polo cop 1 week for Sydney Hotel misbehaviour  (Read 19232 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Sydney Hotel Issue on Sat night
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
I think there are a few people here who could do with a weekend on the p*ss in Sydney.

Seriously, you know what to expect, boys will be boys, if you can't handle it stop lining their pockets and don't buy a membership

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 03:56:36 PM »
Patrick Smith this morning apparently said Cousins' involvement is just heresay at this stage btw.

... and Principal Skinner and Mrs. Krabappel were kissing -- and
swearing!

Father!  Uncle Apu!  A teacher was in the closet with the principal and
he had as many arms as Vishnu and they were all very busy.

Lisa:     I was in the library at the time, but Janey told me that
          Principal Skinner and Bart's teacher, Mrs. -- what's her
          name?
Marge:    Krabappel?
Lisa:     Yeah, Krabappel.  They were naked in the closet together.
Marge:    [gasps] Oh, my goodness!

Ralph:    Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet
          making babies and I saw one of the babies and then the baby
          looked at me.
Wiggum:   The baby looked at you? 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Cousins, other Richmond players silent on Tiger booze probe

* Mike Sheahan, Aaron Langmaid
    * April 12, 2010

UPDATE 2.15pm:

BEN Cousins' minders bungle attempts to keep the trouble-plagued Tigers recruit out of the spotlight as the club launched a probe into rowdy hotel claims.

Players were forced to run a media gauntlet today as Richmond investigates reports player played up at the team hotel in Sydney after the Tigers' loss to the Swans.

Cousins was part of an apparently carefully coordinated exit from the club’s Punt Rd headquarters this morning, as Richmond players - including Cousins - arrived silently for training as the club reeled from claims of player misbehaviour.

Keen on avoiding the spotlight in the wake of the latest Richmond booze scandal, the 31- yr-old arranged to have his car moved closer to a back entrance to avoid the TV cameras.

Bit a reporter noticed a Tigers staffer had moved his vehicle in preparation for his departure.

The awaiting media pack managed to catch the star seconds before he got into his late model Holden Commodore and sped off. Obviously, Cousins would not comment about the furore.

Tigers CEO Brendan Gale wasn't far behind, choosing the same moment to exit from another door where he was greeted by a driver.

But the choreographed escape turned to a comedy of errors, when cousins returned and got out of his car before getting a staff member park his car after an awkward three point turn.

A club statement last night confirmed the investigation and promised more details this afternoon. But so far the club has kept silent on how it is dealing with the alleged indiscretions.

With his mouth set tightly, Ben Cousins was quickly ushered into the rooms by two minders, with other players

Instead Richmond manager Craig Cameron was left to repeat a prepared statement several times, other than to add, "I think it's important that no-one jumps to any conclusions". See a video report here.
http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/#mepe9k2JFSkiGzinP4eHWDyRT6DetGkD

Several players, including Ben Cousins, are under investigation after reports of drinking and unacceptable noise levels at the Inter-Continental Hotel until 3am.

The club statement said: "Richmond Football Club can confirm it is investigating allegations regarding player behaviour . . .

"The club is in the process of conducting a thorough investigation and, once the facts are established, a further update will be provided.''

Officials are understood to be disappointed and angry that players would misbehave after a third loss. Fines look certain, but, with the Tigers to play Melbourne next Sunday, suspensions are unlikely.

The latest off-field controversy to hit the club follow its furious response to claims last week that recovering drug addict Ben Cousins had suffered a relapse.

High-profile AFL player manager Ricky Olarenshaw incensed the Tigers by declaring Cousins had again gone off the rails.

"I'm not one for gossip and rumours but I've been hearing murmurings for probably the last month about Ben Cousins. And I got some things confirmed to me over the weekend, and it was talked about publicly on the airwaves yesterday, so I'm not the first one to talk about it, but I believe that Ben Cousins may have lost his way again," Olarenshaw told radio station Gold FM at the time.

Meantime, on the field Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says the Tigers took another step forward last night despite his team's' third big loss of the season.

Sydney defeated Richmond by 55 points at the SCG last night after kicking 10 goals to one in the first half.

The Tigers have now lost their three matches by a combined 183 points and sit last on the ladder with a percentage of 47.9.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-other-richmond-players-in-tiger-booze-probe/story-e6frf9jf-1225852544160

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 04:08:34 PM »
call me a little crazy but I would have thought after a third week of humiliating losses, DH would have had the team up at 500am for a morning dip at Bondi followed by an 1 hour or so charging up sand dunes with tractor tyres chained to thier hips...That's the kinda headline I wanna read not some booze up after an behind kicking... that makes me sick to the core :'(

thats does not work ffs

positive reinforcement works, and hardwick is doing the right thing

those old school bs things work for one week not long term.

if the players were not having a go fair enough , but they are having a fair dinkum crack, they cant be punished for for losing, but praised for their efforts and for what they do right and educated on what they do wrong

ffs, we finally have someone going through a proper process

as dimma says its not about the scoreboard but the process, if u fans dont like it and want a quick fix f off

ok then so that's been the problem for the last 20 years ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 04:08:52 PM »
The media can't get an interview so they try to start up a 'let's try and embarrass the tigers more' campaign.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:47 PM »
SEN contacted the hotel but the hotel told them to direct all queries to the Richmond F.C. The AFL says it's an internal matter for Richmond to deal with. The club has this well locked down.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Suspension handed to four Tigers
richmondfc.com.au
4:32 PM Mon 12 April, 2010

Richmond’s leadership group has handed down suspensions to four players following an investigation into player misbehaviour at the team hotel in Sydney on Sunday morning.

Daniel Connors has been suspended for eight weeks for unsociable behaviour, which included being intoxicated.

Connors will not be permitted to train at the club for the first six weeks of his suspension, and as part of this sanction will be attending alcohol counselling once a week for an indefinite period.

Luke McGuane, Dean Polo and Ben Cousins were suspended for one week.

While not intoxicated, the trio was deemed to have not acted responsibly or in a manner expected of them by the Club.

“The Richmond Football Club will not tolerate the behaviour shown by these players, and has acted accordingly,” Richmond General Manager of Football Craig Cameron said.

“These actions go against all the values that we set for ourselves as a club,” Cameron said.

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said: “Every player at this club needs to fully understand the responsibility that goes with pulling on the yellow and black jumper.”

Daniel Connors said: “I am extremely disappointed in my actions and I regret the stupid decisions I made on the night. I apologise to all Richmond members and supporters, my team mates, club officials and the guests at the Intercontinental Hotel, who were subjected to my behaviour.”

“Over the next few weeks I will be doing everything I can to win back the respect of those who I have let down,” he said.

“This has been a massive wake up call for me and I accept that I have a problem with alcohol which I need to address,” Connors said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/92152/default.aspx

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Daniel.  Daniel.  Daniel. :banghead

And we thought you were actually starting to turn the corner.

Couldn't give a stuff about the other three really, they have only been punished for their curfew.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Cuz showing the way. :P

Connors must have been pretty smashed. That's one heck of a suspension.
Might not be on the list next season despite his perceived improvement.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »
Quote; "Officials are understood to be disappointed and angry that players would misbehave after a third loss. Fines look certain, but, with the Tigers to play Melbourne next Sunday, suspensions are unlikely."

But some of you think as supporters we can't be disappointed and angry, by the looks of things even the club officials did not know they were drinking at 3am and like most of us, would expect them to be in their beds at that time. After 3 shocking loses this is not acceptable and if we have our supposed leaders like Ben Cousins (if it was him) leading other players to carry on at that time then we are in a very bad place at the moment, worse then most would have expected.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
eight weeks....what he do rape someone?
Lots of people name their swords......

TigerTimeII

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
connors suspended 8 weeks
polo mguane cousins 1 week

FNM

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
Quote; "Officials are understood to be disappointed and angry that players would misbehave after a third loss. Fines look certain, but, with the Tigers to play Melbourne next Sunday, suspensions are unlikely."

But some of you think as supporters we can't be disappointed and angry, by the looks of things even the club officials did not know they were drinking at 3am and like most of us, would expect them to be in their beds at that time. After 3 shocking loses this is not acceptable and if we have our supposed leaders like Ben Cousins (if it was him) leading other players to carry on at that time then we are in a very bad place at the moment, worse then most would have expected.

You're such an old woman

:wallywink

:gotigers

TigerTimeII

this is the rfc giving into media pressure and past precendents  set by other clubs

this is ridiculous

tony_montana

bring on the tank
  :birthday  :cheers  :gotigers

lmaoooooo