Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 80399 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2021, 05:40:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL/status/1399966204920406017

Is this SA Health advice due to covid or Collingwood?  :snidegrin.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #316 on: June 03, 2021, 12:05:22 AM »
SA Health advises attendees at Saturday’s game not to touch the ball if it comes near them.

They’ve released a handy guide as to what to do if this happens:

https://twitter.com/TomRichardson/status/1399967610360393732

:lol

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: June 17, 2021, 02:12:51 PM »
AstraZeneca COVID vaccine use recommended for over-60s only following ATAGI meeting.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-17/atagi-to-change-astrazeneca-age-rules-covid-vaccine/100222464

If you're between 50-59 and have already had one dose of AZ then you'll still receive you're second dose of AZ.

Online Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #318 on: June 17, 2021, 03:35:02 PM »
Had my first dose several weeks ago now , no side effects at all , not even tenderness around the area

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: June 17, 2021, 08:57:36 PM »
those poor bastards over 50-59 who went and lined up for 4 hours for the astra only to be told the phizer is now available.

I haven't taken anything and dont intend to yet, but i know which one i would prefer once they allow us to travel abroad with no restrictions.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #320 on: June 17, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »
those poor bastards over 50-59 who went and lined up for 4 hours for the astra only to be told the phizer is now available.

I haven't taken anything and dont intend to yet, but i know which one i would prefer once they allow us to travel abroad with no restrictions.

I went last week and got my first jab.

I had a booking

When I arrived and checked in I was asked "so you want to have the Astra Zeneca vaccine"

I said "no, I dont I'd prefer Pfizer but I have no choice I have to have AZ"   ::)

One week later to the day we have today's announcement :banghead

The entire vaccination roll out has been a shambles.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: June 17, 2021, 10:46:13 PM »
no offence WP, but fair play if people rely on the federal government or these hacks in charge in Victoria to provide you with some direction on anything. You possibly had a choice to wait?

I personally dont know why anyone under 50 is rushing for it to be honest, unless of course you have health issues or are at risk.

My opinion of course but i dont watch the news.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #322 on: June 17, 2021, 10:56:49 PM »
Had my SECOND Astra Zeneca shot this morning (I'm 32).

Had my first before the clots became well known and the idealogy is that if you don't react the first time you will be fine to have the second one.

No problems yet.

There's research being done in Europe about AZ vs Pfizer, efficacy of having two shots of each, one shot of both, which one first and second etc. Will be interested to see what they show.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2021, 06:25:14 AM »
Good news for you Andy.

Andy being so young I suspect your a high risk industry so that's fair enough.

Those who were low risk, and had a choice to wait yet didn't because of cries of a 'beast" of a virus, shouldn't really complain. The team Australia rubbish that doesn't exist in Victoria doesn't pass the pub test on this one for me.

I'm happy to sit it out wait for novavax later this year, which I don't mind the sound of, before making a decision in 12-18 months on it if it's mandatory to travel abroad without restrictions, which I suspect it will be.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2021, 06:42:00 AM »
Good news for you Andy.

Andy being so young I suspect your a high risk industry so that's fair enough.

Those who were low risk, and had a choice to wait yet didn't because of cries of a 'beast" of a virus, shouldn't really complain. The team Australia rubbish that doesn't exist in Victoria doesn't pass the pub test on this one for me.

I'm happy to sit it out wait for novavax later this year, which I don't mind the sound of, before making a decision in 12-18 months on it if it's mandatory to travel abroad without restrictions, which I suspect it will be.

Hopefully we vaccinate enough people to avoid future lockdowns!

As for travel and the rest I couldn't give a toss haha. Not taking 3 kids overseas to anywhere but Asia!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2021, 07:59:44 AM »
no offence WP, but fair play if people rely on the federal government or these hacks in charge in Victoria to provide you with some direction on anything. You possibly had a choice to wait?

I personally dont know why anyone under 50 is rushing for it to be honest, unless of course you have health issues or are at risk.

My opinion of course but i dont watch the news.

Frankie,  I got the vaccine now on the advice of my doctor. I'm over 50...

And because I want to be able to see my family interstate. We don't want to go through what we want through last weekend missing my nephew and niece's wedding. It was the hardest thing I've been through since losing my Mum, that's how shattered I was. Totally gutted!

16 months of doing everything asked of us and to have something so precious ripped away because of the selfishness of a handful of scumbags (especially Mr 12 Days) not getting tested and starting an outbreak that hit over 70 people. Throw in the Qld border restrictions and our entire family missed out... sorry I  digress

So if being vaccinated (as per national cabinet directives) means people can freely travel between states then getting vaccinated was a no brainer for me.

The vaccine program is a shambles IMHO because the Federal government put the majority of their eggs in the AZ basket because it could be made here. The need for the other vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna etc) were deemed not as crucial to our roll out. They accepted the delivery schedule for Pfizer and the the others. I read yesterday the Novavax (70 million doses) won't start arriving until at least September and then still has to be approved for use by the TGA. So who knows when people will be able to get it. Reckon it is reasonable to say they that got this roll out so wrong.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2021, 09:46:14 AM »
I don't get this naming and shaming of people who have contracted covid, i bet the US, Europe and Asia do not go to lengths our media have to name and shame and hypothesis on alleged wrong doings

Our society has turned from a harden up she will be right culture into a nanny run political correct social media run stuff fest

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2021, 11:22:21 AM »
It's frustrating when we all suffer through lockdowns due to a few idiots not doing the right thing.

Personally I consider it my civic duty to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and other communicable diseases.

The risk of severe clotting disorder is anywhere from 1:88,000 to 1:6,000,000 depending on who you ask. Significantly lower than the risk of death or sequelae from COVID-19.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: June 21, 2021, 12:43:12 AM »
Andy what industry do you work in? Most people I know are low risk and are not interested in jabbing up ,at this stage, and it ain't nothing to do with blood clots(40-50) so not sure why you pulled that out of your arse.

That said if anyone had that opinion there is nothing wrong with that, nor if they refuse any of the jabs or they think it's their civic duty to jab up. Everyone has their own choice just like this government made theirs when they shut down businesses due to their own mistakes.

I personally won't be taking any advice on any levels of government especially the Victorian one.

My doctor said don't bother jabbing up yet, if you don't want to. If you took the AZ or anything then don't complain and bitch about not having the other one. It's all the same poo isn't it?

I don't get this naming and shaming of people who have contracted covid, i bet the US, Europe and Asia do not go to lengths our media have to name and shame and hypothesis on alleged wrong doings

Our society has turned from a harden up she will be right culture into a nanny run political correct social media run stuff fest

Correct Chuck. Probably best others can reply who have commented on this.

My view, and as I said in a different post I don't watch the fear campaign led news these days and I'm much better for it. Social media is out too aside from Insta which is all family and friends.

Those who name and shame would prefer to blame an individual than their beloved politicians who can do no wrong especially when it comes to lockdowns.  :shh

Deryn Hinch must be scratching his head wondering where was his support when he did the same thing.  :shh

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: June 21, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »
Hey mate,

I'm a nurse unit manager in an acute medical unit, and also a member of my organisation's outbreak management taskforce which assesses the preparedness of a facility to cope with an outbreak (in collaboration with department of health) and responds to outbreaks in nursing homes by taking over operations and facilitates the replacement of all furloughed staff + setup of appropriate procedures to manage the site until the outbreak is resolved.

In terms of why I 'pulled that out of my arse' are you referring to the blood clots? If yes, the reason I MENTIONED it is because it is clearly the most significant known side effect of the AZ vaccine and the main driving factor behind AZ being recommended for use in the older populations. The clotting disorder itself is similar to disseminated intravascular coagulopathy (DIC) but is triggered as an autoimmune response making is very difficult to manage compared to regular DIC. It's quite dangerous. However despite this the risk of having the complication is extremely low, and significantly lower than the risk of death or sequelae (ongoing health complications) from COVID-19.

There's a lot of fear about the vaccine being 'rushed' and while I can appreciate there are side effects this isn't quite true. Being a coronavirus and genetically similar to known viruses you can skip years of R&D when developing a vaccine. Sort of like when you recruit Toby Nankervis after a few years in the AFL system vs trying to grow your own Ryan/Chol/CCJ. Toby is ready to go after one pre-season while the others need 3 years!

Andy what industry do you work in? Most people I know are low risk and are not interested in jabbing up ,at this stage, and it ain't nothing to do with blood clots(40-50) so not sure why you pulled that out of your arse.

That said if anyone had that opinion there is nothing wrong with that, nor if they refuse any of the jabs or they think it's their civic duty to jab up. Everyone has their own choice just like this government made theirs when they shut down businesses due to their own mistakes.

I personally won't be taking any advice on any levels of government especially the Victorian one.

My doctor said don't bother jabbing up yet, if you don't want to. If you took the AZ or anything then don't complain and bitch about not having the other one. It's all the same poo isn't it?

Correct Chuck. Probably best others can reply who have commented on this.

My view, and as I said in a different post I don't watch the fear campaign led news these days and I'm much better for it. Social media is out too aside from Insta which is all family and friends.

Those who name and shame would prefer to blame an individual than their beloved politicians who can do no wrong especially when it comes to lockdowns.  :shh

Deryn Hinch must be scratching his head wondering where was his support when he did the same thing.  :shh