Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 215804 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #870 on: July 14, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »
The confessed drug addict is the best :lol

The fact so many are stunned by his dedication,leadership and teamanship shows how insipid and clueless our bunnies sre. :banghead

Totally agree.
Jeepers there's some softies in our team. Many of them the senior players obviously going by Deledio's comments.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #871 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:33 AM »
Rehabilitation of Cousins, Gardiner a footy success
Caroline Wilson | July 15, 2009

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou last night declared Michael Gardiner and Ben Cousins as two inspiring success stories of 2009 and said Australian football deserved much of the credit.

"Gardiner and Cousins are two great examples of how big a part football can play in resurrecting people's lives," Demetriou said, adding that the club environment had offered a lifeline to the former West Coast players.

"Football clubs and their networks within the community and between other clubs are just very good places for people to thrive," said Demetriou. "This game and the clubs that play it provide a very positive place for people to work in."

Cousins and Gardiner were West Coast's captain and vice-captain respectively until problems with alcohol and drugs tarnished them.

The Eagles sacked Gardiner at the end of 2006 but then rookie St Kilda coach Ross Lyon offered him a second chance, an opportunity that the once-troubled 30-year-old has taken by the throat this season after two years marred by injury.

Demetriou agreed that Gardiner could finish 2009 as the premiership ruckman and the 2003 All-Australian has been touted again as a contender for that honour.

Cousins, sacked by West Coast at the end of 2007 after an earlier club-imposed suspension, was then banned for 2008 by the AFL Commission for bringing the game into disrepute.

The 2005 Brownlow medallist appeared to be headed towards AFL oblivion after being rejected by most clubs when the AFL placed a stringent weekly drug-testing regime on the confessed addict. Richmond took him with the last pick of the pre-season draft in December and although injury has significantly interrupted his season, the controversial star is one of the Tigers' best performers.

"We stand by all our decisions," said Demetriou of the commission's hard line on Cousins.

"The point is he is back playing and the bigger question is what would have happened if no club had taken him?

"The revival of Ben Cousins is one big tick for the Richmond Football Club this season."

The AFL chief executive's comments came as his football lieutenant Adrian Anderson arrived in London to address an international sporting conference on the competition's much-debated illegal drugs policy.

Demetriou said the AFL had been asked to present a paper on the three-strikes policy — the only one of its kind in Australian sport — as part of a presentation by medical experts on illicit drugs in sport.

Anderson and AFL medical officer Peter Harcourt were to promote the AFL code, which Demetriou said had drawn positive feedback from international football codes, namely rugby union, which had approached the league to outline the history of its testing regime and the philosophy behind it.

Cousins, who has been in good form, looks almost certain to be retained by the Tigers next season, regardless of who takes over as coach.

Gardiner, who managed only nine games in his first two seasons with the Saints, was re-signed at the end of last year.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/rehabilitation-a-footy-success/2009/07/14/1247337122795.html

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #872 on: July 15, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
Sign Cousins up now then, it will make it easier to get Lids signature on his contract
Sounds like win-win to me, they are two players we need at the club next year

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: July 15, 2009, 09:00:24 AM »
The only thing I want Lids commenting on is how happy he is to be re-signing on a long term deal with Richmond.

I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE HE SAYS.

:clapping

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

Lids just sign the stuffin. thing will you
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:49:19 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #874 on: July 15, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »
stuff lids.

Another slut with no brains or ticker.

Sell the whore !!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #875 on: July 15, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »
eff lids.

Another slut with no brains or ticker.

Sell the whore !!

Your comments completely bemuse me????????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #876 on: July 15, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »
poor little eunuch, druggo is your emasculation frustrating you is it. Always trying to play the big nasty boogieman... now now nevermind

Ox

« Reply #877 on: July 15, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
poor little eunuch, druggo is your emasculation frustrating you is it. Always trying to play the big nasty boogieman... now now nevermind

what's the matter Pet

Truth hurts,especially when ur a deluded richmond supporter.

How sad.

x

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:57:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #878 on: July 15, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
Enough with the namecalling and swearing :banghead

Back to the Topic!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #879 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
Anyway....

I agree that Cousins should be resigned for another year. He adds leadership to our team and, in particular, our midfield who need someone to look up to and learn how to play for each other. Lids obviously reveres Benny somewhat which is a positive motivator in getting him work harder on field and develop leadership skills for the future. Bens arrogance is also a plus for a list with so many intoverts and players lacking in confidence.

Next year he will become the unofficial captain of the side through earned respect and presence.

Great move by the club. Just continue to stay on the straight and narrow Benny  :pray

Stripes

Moi

« Reply #880 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:35 PM »
I love Ben
I think he likes Richmond too and is enjoying his time here despite how crap we are
I hope he plays on for another couple of years
He's been the only good thing about this year for me and Tambling's change in form is something to rejoice
And of course Nahas
 :gotigers

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #881 on: July 16, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
the only sad thing is you drughead I pity your need to spit out venom at the players , there some deep seated problems there!

lol@ suburban psychologists

Deep SEATED,eh ???

Ever heard of full stops and correct grammar ?

It helps when ur trying to play a higher spirit.

How stupid r u....? and ur not on drugs -  :wallywink :rollin

As I used to yell at the top of my lungs to Danny Frawley when Clinton King went near the ball

"Get him off.."

Take this guy off the forum. Adds less then an injured Daniel Wells.
Go Tigers!

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #882 on: July 16, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
If you only knew drugnuts, you have a go at me about grammar and punctuation and you write ....ur.... higher spirit is right, artificially high.Say something that at least makes you sound like you know a little about football please. Any halfwitted dropkick can get on this website and belittle and abuse the players...oh hangon you already do.

Ox

« Reply #883 on: July 16, 2009, 04:22:06 PM »
As I used to yell at the top of my lungs to Danny Frawley when Clinton King went near the ball

"Get him off.."

Take this guy off the forum. Adds less then an injured Daniel Wells.

its this same,soft attitude that has seen us the laughing stock of the comp for 30 yeaars...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:58:46 PM by one-eyed »

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #884 on: July 16, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
So Popelord it's OK for you to bag Clinton King but ())( can't have a go at Deledio.
Hypocrite!
and BTW, Clinton King never thought he was a rolls royce and played accordingly. Deledio gets let off the hook too easily when people say that getting a hard ball isn't his job. It is. It's everyone's job.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:57:39 PM by one-eyed »
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine