Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 217095 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: November 15, 2009, 01:56:17 AM »
Herald-Sun obsessed with Benny's private life again ......

Cousins pad up for sale     
Sunday Herald Sun, 15-11-2009, Pg: 92

THE Edwardian house Ben Cousins has called home since he moved to Melbourne is on the market. The property, in Melbourne's inner southeast, was open for inspection yesterday with an auction date set for December 5.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1006 on: November 15, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
Well why don't we start the "Cuz wants out" rumour then? :D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1007 on: November 16, 2009, 02:27:29 AM »
Expect next a story on Cuz moving into a new place in whichever suburb followed by Cuz's big housewarming party.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1008 on: November 16, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »
Expect next a story on Cuz moving into a new place in whichever suburb followed by Cuz's big housewarming party.

Yep as well as a souvenir centrefold poster of all attendees of this housewarming. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1009 on: November 17, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »

Yep as well as a souvenir centrefold poster of all attendees of this housewarming. :lol
Might pass on the burly man centrefold poster  :D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1010 on: November 24, 2009, 05:43:10 AM »
The Herald-Sun again today (pg 73) using any premise to write a sensationalised headline about Cuz  ::).

You got a slap on the wrist, Cuz

THE fine imposed on Ben Cousins for flipping the bird at a TV camera in Round 10 is small change compared with the NFL's punishment meted out last week to Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams for his one-finger salute......

-----------------------------------
Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams was slapped with a 250,000 dollar fine Monday for an obscene gesture directed at Buffalo fans, the National Football League announced on Monday.

The 86-year-old Adams was fined for giving a one-finger salute from his luxury suite during the Titans 41-17 win over Buffalo Sunday. He issued an apology later Monday saying he got carried away in the excitement of the game.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5il8GfqHhdlijG7aer8ZpHtnLhLOA

richmondrules

« Reply #1011 on: November 24, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
It's all relative though. $250,000 for those guys is probably comparable to the fine given to Ben. When you're paid 10x as much a fine 10x greater is not so bad. As for the owner of the team, he'd probably spend that much at lunch.  ;D

Oh, and the Herald Scum deserve a slap on the wrist for that headline (or a punch in the nose whichever is more appropriate).

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1012 on: November 24, 2009, 08:21:12 AM »
Bit of a difference between a player in the change rooms flipping the bird to a broadcast camera compared to a guy dancing around on the balcony of his owners box flipping the bird with both fingers to opposition supporters for a good minute or so.
Channel 10 chose to show the coverage from inside the inner sanctum, no hiding what Bud Adams did

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1013 on: November 24, 2009, 10:37:36 AM »
The Herald-Sun again today (pg 73) using any premise to write a sensationalised headline about Cuz  ::).

You got a slap on the wrist, Cuz

THE fine imposed on Ben Cousins for flipping the bird at a TV camera in Round 10 is small change compared with the NFL's punishment meted out last week to Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams for his one-finger salute......

Journalism at it best  :chuck
Is there name associated with writing this drivel?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1014 on: December 06, 2009, 04:17:32 AM »
Ben Cousins surgery setback
Tony Sheahan | Sunday Herald Sun December 06, 2009

BEN Cousins had surgery last week, an early hurdle in the Richmond star's pre-season campaign.

Cousins went under the knife last Monday night to repair damage to his left hand and to fix a recurring shoulder problem.

The Tigers confirmed the interruption to their star midfielder's preparation.

"Ben underwent surgery to his left hand during the week," football operations manager Ross Monaghan said.

"He had experienced some discomfort recently and the club thought it would be best to have this relatively minor surgery to correct the problem during the pre-season."

Cousins, 31, flew to Perth on Wednesday to be with family as he recovers from surgery.

He has been given up to 10 days' leave to recuperate.

It's not the first time Cousins has required an operation to fix two broken fingers in his left hand.

His initial injury occurred back in Round 8 in the opening minutes of the Tigers' clash with Port Adelaide.

He stayed on the ground for the rest of the match and managed to rack up 24 possessions.

"He is expected back at training at the end of next week," Monaghan said.

Cousins played 15 games for the games for the Tigers this season, taking his career tally to 253. On the back of his form, the Tigers signed him on for a new deal for 2010.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-surgery-setback/story-e6frf9jf-1225807321192

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1015 on: December 06, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »
Ben Cousins surgery setback
Tony Sheahan | Sunday Herald Sun December 06, 2009

BEN Cousins had surgery last week, an early hurdle in the Richmond star's pre-season campaign.

Cousins went under the knife last Monday night to repair damage to his left hand and to fix a recurring shoulder problem.

The Tigers confirmed the interruption to their star midfielder's preparation.

"Ben underwent surgery to his left hand during the week," football operations manager Ross Monaghan said.

"He had experienced some discomfort recently and the club thought it would be best to have this relatively minor surgery to correct the problem during the pre-season."

Cousins, 31, flew to Perth on Wednesday to be with family as he recovers from surgery.

He has been given up to 10 days' leave to recuperate.

It's not the first time Cousins has required an operation to fix two broken fingers in his left hand.

His initial injury occurred back in Round 8 in the opening minutes of the Tigers' clash with Port Adelaide.

He stayed on the ground for the rest of the match and managed to rack up 24 possessions.

"He is expected back at training at the end of next week," Monaghan said.

Cousins played 15 games for the games for the Tigers this season, taking his career tally to 253. On the back of his form, the Tigers signed him on for a new deal for 2010.  :whistle

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-surgery-setback/story-e6frf9jf-1225807321192

A poster on big footy said he had a mate on the same plane as a hand bandaged cousins going to perth. All the other 'mail' was he had gone home for a funeral
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

richmondrules

« Reply #1016 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:09 PM »
A poster on big footy said he had a mate on the same plane as a hand bandaged cousins going to perth. All the other 'mail' was he had gone home for a funeral

LOL. That would be our own Con65.  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1017 on: January 29, 2010, 02:23:49 AM »
Cousins is the leader of a new Tiger pack
TIM CLARKE
January 28, 2010 - 11:27AM .

Former West Coast legend Ben Cousins is emerging from his shell to become a desperately needed leader at Richmond, according to new coach Damien Hardwick.

While the massive Richmond membership numbers that were buoyed by Cousins' controversial arrival last year are way down, confidence is up at Tigerland according to Hardwick – with the Brownlow medallist leading the way.

Cousins gently felt his way back into the AFL last year, with the season ending strongly after a devastating hamstring injury in game one. Hardwick said his leadership qualities that were so revered at the Eagles – and then so missed after his sensational sacking – were beginning to come to the fore.

"He's going really well. We had a bit of a scratch match yesterday, and he played very, very well," he said.

"It is amazing good players when they get older – he has not lost anything at all and he was exceptional.

"He has taken a step forward, especially after Christmas. Before Christmas he was just trying to get his body right, get up and going.

"But since he has come back after Christmas break, he has really stepped up in that (leadership) area, there is no doubt."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/cousins-is-the-leader-of-a-new-tiger-pack-20100128-n0rw.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1018 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
Tigers on the prowl
Jackie Epstein
Sunday Herald Sun January 31, 2010

BEN Cousins is a happy man.

In life and in footy.

The Richmond midfielder has predicted a big year for himself and the club.

"At this stage of my career, it's very much a year-to-year proposition so, with that in mind, I'm just trying to get as much out of my footy as I possibly can," Cousins, 31, said.

"At my age I'm probably not quite the player I used to be. As you get older you get a little bit smarter about when to push your body and when not to. It's a long year so I think I'm timing it pretty well to hit my straps as the season gets closer.

"I'm pretty happy with the work and the foundation base I've put in. The reality is one minute you're there and the next minute it passes you by, and at the moment I'm not taking it for granted."

Cousins's return to football last season was a highlight in an otherwise forgettable year for the Tigers.

After playing 15 matches and averaging 25 touches, he was rewarded with another one-year deal.

"I obviously had a hamstring injury at the start of last year and after I overcame that I was lucky enough to get into the routine of playing week in, week out, so I'm hoping to start this season where I finished last year," Cousins said.

"Just before Christmas I had a tidy up in my shoulder and my hand which has allowed me, over the past month especially, to put the work into my body that hopefully will hold me in good stead to have a good year."

With new coach Damien Hardwick, Cousins feels refreshed and excited about the team's finals prospects.

"You'd be crazy to go into the start of any footy season not thinking you can make finals," he said.

"We're in a situation not dissimilar to a lot of sides where we're going to need a few things to go our way, but I think from the very moment we started pre-season, and knowing the work we've put in, I think progress is definitely taking place and hopefully that'll show in the win-loss ratio this year.

"I think some of that stuff sometimes builds resolve among the footy club and I know the group have hit pre-season hard.

"We're really looking forward to making amends and have put in a hell of a lot of work. When you do that, I've been around footy long enough to know that ultimately it'll pay off."

Cousins gave little insight into his off-field life, but he admitted his documentary was keeping him busy.

"I'm not really commenting too much other than to say that it is a work in progress and it's certainly giving me something to throw my spare time into," he said.

"I love Melbourne and it hasn't taken me long to get into a routine. I enjoyed my time in Perth, but because of football I hadn't had the opportunity to move away from home.

"It's been really good, not from just a footy point of view, but life in general."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-on-the-prowl/story-e6frf9jf-1225825078433

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1019 on: January 31, 2010, 11:35:37 AM »
Funny the pic with the story in the actual paper says something about Benny "stretching out after Richmond's intra claub match YESTERDAY Which by my reckoning means SATURDAY

I can tell you they did not train or have a scratch match yesterday  ;D

Another example of the HUNs accurate reporting  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)